“Better than expected”

Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having read other reviews of this Premier Inn, I only booked here because of proximity to a venue...but I was pleasantly surprised. On arrival we were welcomed by a lovely member of staff, Sacha. She was very friendly and helpful and could not do enough to help us. During our stay we met staff on other shifts, and they were great, too. The restaurant was as expected. We had lunch, as we were checking out too early for breakfast on Sunday. Whenever I choose to eat in a Fayre & Square I know the level of cuisine. Adequate but not Michelin star quality. Staff here were nice, and told us they offer a guarantee of satisfaction, if you're not satisfied.
As I said, it was OK, not great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a premier Inn which offers the same good standard and value as all others I have stayed in. I chose it because it is 5 mins walk to the mainline station and 15 to 20 minutes into London Waterloo.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Mediocre welcome extremely basic room
evening meal at the adjoining Pub/Restaurant with typiccal greasy spoon stodge on offer
Sat on dirty bench seat with a recently wiped over sticky table
I ate rubbish because that's all there was on the menu
I returned to ny room to work and check emails only to find that I could only have thirty minutes free wifi
Logging on was impossible probably through high levels of usage
I tried to sleep but was kept awake by noise coming from neighbouring rooms and the corridor outside my room
I had to be away to a business meeting early in the morning I went down for my breakfast just before the official start time of 6:30am. Brakfast was again in the adjoining pub/restaurant upon entering the eating area I was aske what i wanted and I said breakfast and was informed that I was too early by 6 minutes and I was turned away not offered a drink whilst I waited for the 6 minutes to elapse
I returned 6 minutes later and ate an economical breakfast - portions were tight, this was not a buffet but served from the kitchen.
I am used to receiving great service at my usual choice of hotels
I had to use this brand of hotel as there was nothing else near enough to my business venue.
I pay a lot less than I had to pay at this hotel usually and for much less money I receive a well apointed room free wifi good quality food and either a gym or a pool or both.
I left this hotel feeling unhappy about what Premier Inn is prepared to charge for what is an extremely basic offering

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

fantastic as usual for a premier inn, this stay was a new area for us that was quite built up in town and so more traffic that we were use to, but we received the same great service, same great stay and sleep and so was something we didn't need to have worried about. Friendly staff and very very clean with not a fault in sight. great for our family overnight stay and yes we would stay there again. NO MORE OTHER BUDGET HOTELS FOR US AS A FAMILY, WE WILL STICK WITH PREMIER INN FROM NOW ON.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the Premier Inn Twickenham after a match at the stadium and couldn't fault it. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, the accommodation roomy and comfortable and the whole hotel very smart after it's recent makeover. Very quiet too considering its on a pretty busy road. The hotel has plenty of free parking which is a bonus and a pub next door which is just that, but more than adequate with pub grub in the evening and a good breakfast served in the morning. The pub also had very friendly staff. Great stop for an overnight. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Despite the fact that this hotel is on the edge of the A3 it was whisper quiet, plenty of parking and helpful staff. The room was comfortable both in bed and temperature and the shower was powerful and hot! Would recommend for a business stayover, trip to the rugby or just a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights on business. Found the Premier Inn itself fine and staff very friendly. However the standard of food in the adjoining pub was awful and the staff thin on the ground. If I was judging the Premier Inn on its own it would be 4 stars.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Travelodge Twickenham
The Alexander Pope
The Alexander Pope
#3 of 6 in Twickenham
Ibis Budget London Hounslow

Been to Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!