“Don't eat here!”

Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was very comfortable, bed lovely and pillows lovely. However, the food at the adjoining restaurant was really pretty bad. In the evening we ordered 2 portions of cheesy chips with bacon just to tidy the children though until the buffet was served at the party we were attending. It took absolutely ages to arrive. I didn't time it, but it must've been over 50 judging by the amount of football we managed to watch whilst waiting. It was decidedly average when it did arrive, but it did the trick. Breakfast the next morning was even worse. We had pre-paid, if we hadn't I would've refused to. We only ordered 2 hot breakfasts as kids were happy with cold option. The table next to us ordered 4, their order was taken after ours, but their food arrived first. We waited for over 45 minutes. When it did come, veggie sausages were fridge cold in the middle and the scrambled eggs looked like nothing I've ever seen before. It was congealed all over and hard at the edges in some places. It was in-edible even in the middle it was somehow still really dry. If only here for the room and food needed, it is perfectly acceptable, if a little on the expensive side compared to other Premier Inns in the area.

1  Thank Katie L
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you found our hotel to be comfortable and your bed and pillows are lovely.
I apologise for the experience you had in the adjoining restauant, which is not owned by Premier Inn, however I will endeavour to pass on your comments to the management of the restaurant at our next meeting.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was running the Bushy Park 10K race and was we live on the other side of London, 20 week pregnant wife and I with your little 2 year decided to stay over. We have never stayed in a Premier Inn and was extremely surprised. Staff were brilliant and the Pub next door was great (only thing was the wait on our breakie which we ended up cancelling. Despite this hiccup - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that your experience with us was a pleasant one and we hope that you have now recovered from your 10k run.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

First of all, the Premier Inn isn't that close to Twickenham Stadium. We had to take a taxi which cost £11. The hotel itself is, as you would expect, clean and functional. However, the room was uncomfortably hot (the portable desk fan in the room suggests others may have had a similar experience). My room faced the adjacent Fyre & Square pub/restaurant which serves the Premier Inn. Throughout the night my sleep was interrupted by the [very loud] pub cooling system going on and off. For the sake of convenience we had an evening meal in the Fayre & Square pub. The place could do with serious investment and refurbishment - very down-at-heel and grubby. The entire menu is made up of typical pub-chain food (cooked from frozen!). The burger was awful - the 'garden salad' was actually inside the hot burger which had rendered it a mush, resembling over-cooked spinach! The breakfast was far better, especially as we opted for selected items and not the 'full monty'. Wouldn't stay here again unless absolutely necessary.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cannylad1973
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel, I apologise for your lack of sleep as Premier Inn strive to ensure our guest's have a "Great Night's Sleep - Guaranteed" and this clearly is not what you experienced. I do hope that you brought this to the attention of my reception team who would of been able to assist you.
The restaurant is next door is not owned by our company, however I will pass over your comments to the management team.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

no air con, only one towel for two people sour milk and only one tea bag each
the location was on a very busy road so cold not keep the window open all night however staff were pleasant and tried to help where possible

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review, Premier Inn are looking into Air-Con for the majority of it's sites and are hoping this will help solve the "warm room" issue.
I apologise that you only found one towel in your room and do hope that you brought this to my reception team at the time, as we have many spare towels and linen in our linen room, which we would of been more than happy to provide to you.
This is also the same with Tea and Coffee as we keep extra at reception if guest's requires this.
I do hope that the problems you experienced did not spoil your stay and that you choose Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I think that Premier Inn have been reborn. Good rooms, comfy beds and lots of parking. Only down side was a poor quality breakfast, which was £9 or so each for my wife and I, my 14 year old daughter ate free. I wouldn't eat there again, but would stay at Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Many thanks for your review of our hotel, I am pleased that you noticed our re-furbishment, which has made your experience even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel last Friday night. Had rung in advance to see if we could get changed at the hotel as we were off to Ladies Day at Epsom. On arrival the receptionist was very helpful, she had one room ready for us and the other was only 5 minutes later. The room was refurbished and of a high standard. Everything we needed was there.
Wish I had read the reviews about breakfast though before booking it!! Worse experience ever. No cups, no bowls, basically no food. Only one member of staff called Alison who was doing her best but unable to keep up with waiting on tables, clearing up and stocking up food. She said there was meant to be someone else working with her but after reading other reviews on here I doubt there was. Total waste of money.
However would book the hotel again but they seriously need to take up issues with the Fayre and Square company re breakfast. All staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly. Had to go to reception as television controls didnt work but again it was sorted out start away. Close to the train station, 3 min walk. Large car park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine S

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel, Premier Inn like to re-invest in their properties to keep them modern.
I am pleased that you found my hotel to have comfortable beds, and I will pass your comments to the restaurant next door regarding breakfast and to the poor quality you experienced.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We normally stay at a Premier Inn when we go away, but this has to be the best one that we have stayed at. Clean and Tidy rooms, extremely quiet, friendly and efficient staff, the best one yet. The hotel is hear to Heathrow, but with windows closed you could not hear the planes, it was very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Many thanks for submitting your review, we are pleased that you found your stay clean and comfortable and that the planes did not disturb you. Premier Inn strive to be the best in their field and this shows within your review.
Hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
1 mi away
The Alexander Pope
The Alexander Pope
#3 of 6 in Twickenham
Ibis Budget London Hounslow

Been to Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!