“Premier Inn Twickenham Stadium”

Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Hampshire, England
“Premier Inn Twickenham Stadium”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A well placed Hotel for South West London and surrounding areas.We chose this Premier Inn as we were attending a function in the pub next door. The room was spotlessly clean and spacious with good sized TV. The bed was very comfy and the hotel provided a large fan due to the excessively hot weather. The only let down was the breakfast which was provided in the adjacent pub The Winning Post, which is run by the Fayre & Square chain. The quality and service was absolutely appalling, with undercooked greasy bacon, microwaved sausages, rock hard tomatoes and they had run out of hash browns by 10.00 am. Whilst I accept that Premier Inn is not directly responsible for such poor service, the cost of it was still paid to Premier Inn. If the quality of the meal at this pub is not improved, I fear that this will have a negative impact on Premier Inn's reputation and people will avoid using this particular branch, which would be a great shame.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soapsuds1958
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you found our hotel to be spotless and spacious. I apologise on behalf of the restaurant next door and when I attend my meeting, I will bring your review to discuss with them.
Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Friendly helpful staff, very clean and comfortable rooms. Easy to get to central London with train station just a 5 minute walk and about 25 mins on the train to Waterloo. Had dinner and breakfast, food was OK - good choice. Plenty of car parking and felt safe even late at night. Only down was the rooms were too hot and no air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that my team were able to assist you in sorting out the fan in your room and understand that currently in the hot weather conditions our rooms can get rather warm.
Ilminster, Somerset
Reviewed 14 July 2014

To be fair, we stayed on the 12th July, a very hot day indeed; foolishly, we hadn't checked to see if there was air conditioning in the room. There wasn't. After turtling about with the heater control and not being able to cool the room I asked the lady on the desk for help and she was super, helpful and polite, she came to the room, got the floor standing fan going and checked we were all right. Throughout, the staff were the usual high standard you'd expect from Premier Inn, the room was clean and a decent size. the only caution is that if you're travelling in hot weather, be aware that with the low ceilings in these sorts of buildings, your room will feel like an oven - ours was running at 26.5 degrees overnight with the window open and the fan running constantly.

We didn't eat at the Winning Post next door, though we had a cup of teat there, and I'm glad we didn't opt to eat, as the tables were sticky and covered in rings, with the whole place having the look of a run down slightly seedy old pub. Normally, the establishments serving Premier Inn are better than this, so it lets the hotel down rather badly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah_T19
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that my team were able to assist you in sorting out the fan for your room
I will take your feedback regarding the restaurant next door to the management team when I next have my meeting with them.
Thank You once again.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a few Premier inns around the country you know what you are going to get for your money, usually very good. I booked this because part of my visit was to meet up with my son who lives in Twickenham and travelled down on the train. Although the quality of the hotel was the same as usual, very accomodating and welcoming staff,good room i have a few misgivings.
Firstly, why call yourself Premier inn Twickenham Stadium when quite clearly it is not situated anywhere within a few miles of it!!(Twickenham stadium is approx 5 minute walk from the station).
Secondly, we booked to have breakfast in The Brewers Fayre next door, what a complete shambles and a waste of time. As far as I could see there was only 1 member of staff in there working her socks off. Taking orders for breakfast, serving breakfast, clearing up etc.
After waiting 1 hour and 10minutes we had had enough. Fair dos to Premier inn we were refunded our money for tbe breakfasts. My advice keep well away and have your breakfast in Twickenham.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris A
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you found our hotel to be the usual standars that you are used to within Premier Inn.
I do apologise thyat you feel the name of our "Premier Inn" does not suit, where we are situated, however we are the nearest Premier Inn to the Twickenham Stadium Rugby ground which is around half a mile.
The restaurant next door is not part of the Whitbread Group PLC, however I will bring your review to our next meeting to discuss with the management team.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a very nice quiet hotel with helpfull and friendly staff.
We stayed 2 nights in newly built rooms ,which were comfortable and clean .( I would stay here again when in the area.)
My only moan is why don't Premier Inns give free unlimited WiFi (not just 30 mins) ,a lot of guests will be business people writing reports etc .

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms 1 ,2 , 3 and 4
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clive441
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you liked our re-furbished rooms, and that you found my team to be friendly, which is something "Premier Inn" are proud to deliver, with regards to our WI-FI, they are currently trialling in a couple of sites a number of different charges and WI-FI services to gain the best for our guest's, which will be available in all sites soon.
Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was very comfortable, bed lovely and pillows lovely. However, the food at the adjoining restaurant was really pretty bad. In the evening we ordered 2 portions of cheesy chips with bacon just to tidy the children though until the buffet was served at the party we were attending. It took absolutely ages to arrive. I didn't time it, but it must've been over 50 judging by the amount of football we managed to watch whilst waiting. It was decidedly average when it did arrive, but it did the trick. Breakfast the next morning was even worse. We had pre-paid, if we hadn't I would've refused to. We only ordered 2 hot breakfasts as kids were happy with cold option. The table next to us ordered 4, their order was taken after ours, but their food arrived first. We waited for over 45 minutes. When it did come, veggie sausages were fridge cold in the middle and the scrambled eggs looked like nothing I've ever seen before. It was congealed all over and hard at the edges in some places. It was in-edible even in the middle it was somehow still really dry. If only here for the room and food needed, it is perfectly acceptable, if a little on the expensive side compared to other Premier Inns in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie L
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you found our hotel to be comfortable and your bed and pillows are lovely.
I apologise for the experience you had in the adjoining restauant, which is not owned by Premier Inn, however I will endeavour to pass on your comments to the management of the restaurant at our next meeting.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was running the Bushy Park 10K race and was we live on the other side of London, 20 week pregnant wife and I with your little 2 year decided to stay over. We have never stayed in a Premier Inn and was extremely surprised. Staff were brilliant and the Pub next door was great (only thing was the wait on our breakie which we ended up cancelling. Despite this hiccup - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sophie F, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that your experience with us was a pleasant one and we hope that you have now recovered from your 10k run.
Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
The Lensbury
The Lensbury
#1 of 3 in Teddington
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!