“You get what you pay for, very worth it”

Twickenham Guest House
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Booked this purley for location and price, went to Twickenham for the rugby yetserday. The hotel is perfectly located with only a 2 min walk to the stadium, and 10 minute walk to the town/train station.. We were able to leave our car on their drive which was brilliant and very inexpensive.
Service was swift and of a good standard. Room was basic and not of a high standard, but as I have said, you get exactly what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed for one night after a long days work, check in was fine but when I got to the room it all went down hill, the sink was filthy and looked like it hadn't been washed in days and the shower only had two temperatures which were either scolding hot or freezing cold as did the radiators. When I went down to breakfast I asked what the breakfast was and I was told ham eggs and beans with toast, so I asked for eggs and beans on toast as I didn't like the look of the ham which looked like it had been sitting on the side uncovered for days, I eventually got what I asked for after getting coffee instead of tea, the eggs were virtually raw and the beans were cold like they had been poured straight from the tin and the toast was un toasted, but on the plus side the Kellogg frosties were quite tasty, so to conclusion I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sean_gooner
Reviewed 29 November 2012

stayed for 3 nights in November, never again. Radiator didn't work 1st night and was "fixed" the next day after numerous requests. Returned to find a lukewarm radiator which needed bleeding. When I pointed this out I was offered the chance to do this myself but politely declined.......Shower had 2 temperatures, boiling hot or freezing cold. My poached egg was indeed fried, and the beans were about as juicy as a bowl of reddy brek. All this to the backdrop of the A road which the guest house is situated on which rendered sleep nigh on impossible. Staff were polite but pleading ignorance and smiling is no excuse for an extremely poor product.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank elbreeno11
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have stayed there twice now the second time for 3 days only last week. This year I have also stayed at the Cavalieri in Rome and Waldorf in London plus a few Hiltons/Doubletrees in Europe & the USA - so I know what I am talking about when I say, you get pay for in terms of accommodation. If you're not paying too much, keep your expectations real and don't be too critical. Its not perfect, you will find bits of fluff here and there but that said, all of the staff are very friendly and they are always helpful which gives the place a bit soul. Its actually very good value while it keeps the current price given the location and the fact it has just been refurbished.

Room Tip: Rooms at the are quieter e.g room 11 but stayed in room 13 as well on the front and still slept ok.
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed for one night in September for the Lady Gaga concert. Honestly, I'm possibly one of the easiest people to please when it comes to hotels and B&Bs, I don't really stay at posh expensive place and I'm happy with the basics... so for me to say that a guest house is "poor" is very rare! Our room was OK at best, the bathroom was clean, some of the lights didn't work though, and the noise from the traffic was terrible (although that's not really the guest house's fault). Every time we walked into the breakfast room there were people (who I think were the owners) lounging around, it just looked really unprofessional. I was a bit worried as well as our room was right next to the road, I'm a bit paranoid about people being able to get in the window, so had to keep it shut all night. Only thing that stopped this place from being "terrible" was the friendliness of the staff, and the closeness to Twickenham stadium!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AliceRose90
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed at this B and B as travelling alone to Twickenham Stadium I wanted somewhere I could reach easily! Had stayed previously just over a year ago, but boy had things gone down hill or what??? Had single room with shared bathroom as was travelling to strict budget - never again! Breakfast - very poor - consisted of one egg with beans, and toast. Cereal and fruit juice also included, but at 178.00 pounds for three nights, I expected more! Have stayed at other places who have offered far more for a lot less money. Yes, I know rugby was on, and I don't mind paying a fair price for something, but this was just not worth it and some people were also not very careful on closing doors, both late in the evening and early morning! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Laniscat
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Twickenham Guest House, Don't waste your money a hostel has more appeal apart from its location to Twickenham stadium.We stayed in room No.1, don't be fooled with the photos online they are not a true reflection.

Here's a few examples to why:
1. Carpets within the room have never been hovered.
2. Missing skirting Board within the room exposing brick work.
3. Broken sockets.
4. Loose cables on the floor from unused cable/satellite installation.
5. Road noise will keep even a heavy sleeper up.
6. Very drab/scruffy paint work and damp smelling within the room.

More importantly one of our party members who was in another room no better than ours had an accident within the guest house resulting in a personal injury. When asked for the accident book the owner flatly refused to produce it let a known allowing an entry... Needless to say this matter is being passed to the relevant authority's.
We would NEVER stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank rich564
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Travelodge Twickenham
The Alexander Pope
#3 of 6 in Twickenham
Travelodge London Richmond Central
Ibis Budget London Hounslow

Been to Twickenham Guest House? Share your experiences!