“How Sad to Loose Them!”

Dining options: Reservations
Jamaica, New York
“How Sad to Loose Them!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place was so good; by far my favorite tea house and I am so sad that they are closed for good. It was such a wonderful, unique place and they will be missed. I'm very sad and so are the girls I go with.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Anne C

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“This shop just closed last week.....permanently”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just wanted to let everyone know that this tea shop closed its doors last week. That is sad because it was a wonderful, unique place to take friends for a quaint and really lovely dining experience. I found out about the closure quite by accident when I called to request the hours (I had a gift card and was going with a friend). The owner answered and said they had just packed everything up and it wasn't open going forward. I expressed my sympathy and wished her the best and she said they would honor the gift card with a refund.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jill W
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not Just for Tourists”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I'm a local resident and visit this lovely tea shoppe with friends whenever we can. I love this place. The cream cakes taste divine, the tea selection is varied and served in lovely little china pots and the scones with clotted cream--oh my.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MEKA54
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“A bit of England in Pennsylvania!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A friend and I met and had lunch at Ye Old English Tea Shoppe and the whole experience was excellent. The place is lovely, the service was friendly, the food was very good, and the tea and scones were delightful!!

I highly recommend a visit, but call ahead to reserve a table! We were able to get in without a reservation, but we needed to wait about an hour and a half. It was a nice day and we enjoyed walking around town during that time, but in the future I will definitely call ahead.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ksammie3
Bellmore, New York
“LOVELY DAY”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My sister and I, after a morning of visiting the shops in Intercourse, happened to come across THE YE OLD ENGLISH SHOPPE quite by accident and what a lovely surprise it was! Everything, was charming--the atmosphere, the food, the way it was presented, the English china place settings, and most of all the two English women who run the place. What a delightful experience! We were so pleased! I have been to England several times , and this " High Tea" was every bit as classy and wonderful as any I've experienced there. We also loved the Navaho clay walls! Keep up the good work! The world needs more" English Tea Time"!

• Visited May 2013