“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 4 Intercourse B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I hadn't intended on staying in Intercourse. I was visiting a friend in Maryland and decided to take the long way home. I arrived in town around 4:30 and decided to stay. I pulled into the Village and saw the sign about staying over - so I did!
I am very happy that I did. It was a great room and experience. The staff was very helpful and gracious.
I stayed in room 904 at the Inn. The room was perfect for a solo trip. I felt safe the entire time I was there.
Just as a caution - this room was up a flight of stairs. I was notified of this when I called. It didn't bother me to carry my suitcase, but others may have an issue.
I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank travels3rd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed at 103 Strawberry. Charming large room on 2nd floor. Large bed, couch, skylight. Decorated with Amish quilt. All the amenities -- microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker. A surprise gift of a dozen cookies awaited us in our room.

Bit of a weird experience though. We stayed on a Saturday and checked in late. Around 5 we received a call from the proprietor telling us he would leave the keys in the unattended front desk office. They were there as promised. Turns out that nothing in Intercourse PA is open on Sunday. Not even the restaurant next door. And none of the shops in the complex where it is located. So stay over on any nite but Saturday!

• Stayed July 2011
Monson, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I have to say that when my wife said that we were planning a trip to Amish country, I wasn't that excited. After all, how nice could it be? I couldn't be more wrong. Through some digging around, I discovered the Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village. They had suites with two bedrooms that we prefer since we like to nap our daughter in a quiet room besides the one we are in.
The rooms are very nice (the quilts on the bed are wonderful). Truly amazing are their "extras". They have hi-speed internet that works like hi-speed at your home (not like the supposed hi-speed of many hotels), free travel mugs, and even a little jar of jam to take with you. In your mini-fridge, they give you a few bottles of water, also for free! Now, what hotel does that?!
The only negative is that since Amish country basically shuts down on Sunday, the complimentary breakfast is unavailable on Sunday. In lieu of this, you get a dozen cookies from the bakery (about a $9 value). This, in my opinion, doesn't substitute for the $25 breakfast that was included for our Monday morning breakfast (or any other morning other than Sunday). Not really something that the hotel could fix since nothing is really open on Sundays. On the flip side, you have the place to yourself on Sunday (including the kid's playground).
The shops at the Kitchen Kettle Village have everything from Amish jams and baked goods to Brighton collectables and Jim Shore stuff. Something for everyone. Amish carriage rides load right there as well!
I give this inn my highest recommendation. Perfect for families, couples, or anyone looking for a quiet and enjoyable place to stay.

Room Tip: Look on their website, pics of all rooms available
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelinManfromMA
TUCKERTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have been to Kitchen Kettle Village many, many times but never stayed at the Inn. It was a little more than we usually like to pay but it was sooo well worth it. The rooms are scattered around the village and all the rooms are different. Ours was on Strawberry Street and it was large, very clean, and the staff was very helpful. We had a foyer, small living room area, bedroom area, sink w/large counter and changing area. Bathroom was huge and handicapped accessible. We had a private fenced patio in the back. Two TV's and a small square table with 2 chairs. Small refrigerator and microwave.Will stay there probably every time we are in the area and make it our home base on vacation so we can stay longer. At night when all the village is closed it is so peaceful and quiet, the perfect time to take a walk and listen to the horses go clip-clop down the street. And a final mention, you have your own free reserved parking place so you don't have to deal with the busy parking lot and boy is it busy!!

Room Tip: You can check out every room at their website.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

A very enjoyable stay! The accommodation for room 902 at the Inn is to be recommended. Location is superb and in the middle of the village.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Copenhagen, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed at the Kitchen Kettle for 3 nights. The room could not have been better. The service was excellent. The main concern of the staff appears to be "What can we do better?". Good value as a good breakfast is included ( not a continental breakfast).

Room Tip: Try 901 through 905 - I am sure that all are good!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isomer5
mzad811
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

I have been coming to Kitchen Kettle Village for years. Back then you could call on a Thursday and still get a room for that weekend. No more I'm almost sad to say. Trips here have to be planned well in advance. This place is at the top of my list for places to visit. I'm a quilter and there a tons of local places for great fabrics. I've added the Spa right across the street to my frequent trips to Intercourse to add something special and personal. it's centrally located for just about everything. My next trip is July 2011 and I can't wait.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
BEST WESTERN PLUS Revere Inn & Suites

Been to Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village? Share your experiences!