“Relaxing In Amish Country”

and 1 more site!
Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village
Ranked #1 of 4 Intercourse B&B and Inns
Eastern Pa
“Relaxing In Amish Country”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have stayed many times before at Kitchen Kettle and always, always have a relaxing time. This time of the year was quiet and wonderful for us to unwind. The friendly staff and the beautifully furnished room made for a nice getaway. The village is so much fun to shop in with the unique stores and surrounding. The homemade jams and jellies are fabulous and that is the first stop for me as I stock up for a few months. You always see the Amish riding in their carriages .... I certainly respect the way that they adhere to their way of life. If just for one day make ceratin to put it on your list .... you will not regret it.

Room Tip: We always stay at the Kurtz House but there are other options available .... from smaller rooms to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kate D, Manager at Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you had such a relaxing time at Kitchen Kettle. The winter is the perfect time to visit if you want a quiet and peaceful escape. I stock up on the jams and jellies, too...the strawberry rhubarb is my favorite! Thank you again for your frequent visits and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon! --Kate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Waterford, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was our first stay at the Inn at Kitchen Kettle. I was pleasantly surprised by the room, decor and service. We arrived the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving. The staff member on duty greeted us warmly and when I had trouble with the room key, immediately came to my assistance. The room includes breakfast but since the next day was Thanksgiving, and the restaurants were closed, the Inn left home made oatmeal, fruit, and milk in our room refrigerator. My boyfriend (who normally dislikes oatmeal) and I found it delicious, unlike anything we had eaten before. The bed was comfortable and the furnishing picturesque. We had a reserved parking spot, which I imagine when the tourist arrive is very handy. The inn also provided travel coffee mugs that when presented at several restaurants is filled with coffee or tea for free. The breakfast provided at the Kling House was excellent. I would recommend a stay here to anyone visiting Lancaster and surrounding areas.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kate D, Manager at Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you, Roseanne for your kind words and recommendation! That baked oatmeal is delicious, isn't it? We hope to see you again soon! --Kate
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have stayed at the Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village many times. I usually stay with my mother and we have experienced most of the room offerings. On this stay in late December, we had our first stay at the Hershey Suite, room 401. I have to say that this room even surpassed our expectations for Kitchen Kettle, which were already super high.

Our favorite room before this stay was the Grandview Suite. It is also excellent. Both suites offer two bedrooms and two baths. The Grandview offers a full kitchen, but the Hershey has a soaking tub in one of the bathrooms and a wonderful fireplace. Both rooms are perfect for non-couples. They are always spotless and gorgeously decorated. The linens are perfect, the towels are lush, and the quilts are warm. The coffee in the room is from the kitchen kettle coffee shop. We always enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning before heading the the included breakfast at the Kling House restaurant. The service and food have always been great.

We have also stayed at most of the other rooms at the Inn. They are all nice. It depends how much room you need and whether you are traveling with children, other couples, or just a spouse/significant other.

I have never had a bad experience. And I am really picky.

The best part of the Inn is the customer service. It is just top notch. From your check in process, to the room services, to the village employees....everyone is so nice and helpful.

I love coming to Kitchen Kettle. It is peaceful and allows me the opportunity to relax. I am usually content sitting around with a good book and enjoying the coffee (as a guest, you get complementary coffee from the cafe or restaurants at the village).

I would and do recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a nice place to get away for some rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and spotless, however the number of people in your party would probably help...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Denise_54321
I was so glad to read that you have such a great time at Kitchen Kettle Village. It means a lot that you have taken the time to share your experiences. I do love that fireplace in the Hershey Suite--it is great this time of year. Our stewardship staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms and we love hearing that your room was spotless! I will certainly pass this on to the stewardship team. I hope to see you again soon! --Kate
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place was easy to find. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were very we well kept. Breakfast was yummy too. The touristy village attached was a bit too commercial and you could probably get better deals elsewhere. Can get quite crowded once the tour buses come in.

• Stayed June 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Inn! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. --Kate
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

What a great location in the heart of this charming village! A fully equipped & comfortable 2 bedroom apartment, with a carriage just outside your door - what more can you ask for? Our only regret was that we stayed only a single night en route from Washington to Niagara Falls. We will definitely stay longer if we ever find ourselves back in this neck of the woods. We also enjoyed an amazing buffet at Dienner's Country Restaurant. Five stars all round!

Room Tip: Our apartment was on an upstairs corner and had good views over the village.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
We would love for you to stay longer the next time you visit Lancaster County! So glad to hear you had a great time. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Niagra Falls. --Kate
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My mom and I stayed for a girls weekend and the place was just so charming and sooo clean. We stayed on a Saturday which we wouldn't do again because of everything being shutdown on Sunday mornings. My mother left her car keys in the room and we realized after we got outside, we called the phone # at the front desk and someone was there within 10 minutes and he was so friendly and kind and we were so grateful for him coming out to help us. Can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank chefsuzyq08
Happy to hear your girls' getaway was fun! Glad we could help you and your mom with her car keys! If you would like to visit when the Village is busier, you should think about staying on a Friday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We host an "Old Fashioned Friday Nights" celebration. The shops stay open until 9 PM and there is live music, s'mores, and hot chocolate! I hope to see you soon! --Kate
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in the cottage for one night in late September before heading to a wedding in Philadelphia. It was just what we needed. The cottage was clean and cozy, and we even had a little backyard to relax in at the end of day. The shops in the village were wonderful, and we enjoyed getting our free coffee in our lovely travel mugs from the Inn. The breakfast was very good, and the Inn had an enjoyable small town feel.
The one thing I would stress, is that the area isn't quite as isolated as I thought it would be. Being from Ohio, our Amish population are fairly low key. I wouldn't say that about Lancaster County, now! It's VERY commercial, definitely not the quiet Amish community I expected, but enjoyable nonetheless. We hope to get the chance go again, and stay a bit longer next time.

Room Tip: The cottages are in a quieter area of the village.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I love the backyard of the Cottage...it can be so peaceful at the end of the day. I hope you get a chance to visit again, too! --Kate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village? Share your experiences!