“Homely, lovely place to stay in a serene Setting.”

and 1 more site!
Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village
Ranked #1 of 4 Intercourse B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Great spot, great service, appreciative little extras. Lovely rooms, helpful staff and very spacious. Love the region, its shops, restaurants, activities and the people. It is a unique experience. We have been here twice and we will return.

• Stayed: January 2014
Kate D, Manager at Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Inn at Kitchen Kettle! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We so appreciate your repeat visits and look forward to seeing you on your next return!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my first time staying at the Kitchen Kettle Village and it certainly will not be my last! I am already planning on returning in the fall. We came down on a Friday and left on a Monday. I wish I could have stayed a day or two longer but unfortunately I had to return to work (boooo). There really is a lot to do in Amish Country and it is hard smushing everything into a weekend, however we managed to see A LOT! What really helped was having a mini shopping center on the premises. The KKV has a nice assortment of stores ranging from general gift shop items to fresh jarred goods. You can also go for a horse and buggy ride here, however we used a different business to do that (only because we had reservations for it prior to arriving). We stayed in Strawberry Guest Quarters 103, which was a beautiful room. I picked it because it did not look like your typical hotel room. It was a very quiet loft with slanted ceilings and a skylights in every room! The overhead lights had nice purple accents and the bathroom was painted lavender (also with a skylight). It was funky and I plan on staying in it again next time. The one thing that was sort of a pain was lack of WIFI reception in the loft. I had to use 4G the entire stay, but not big deal...we weren't in the room that much, only to sleep. Don, the guest relations guy, was super nice and accommodating from the minute we checked in to the time we checked out. He gave us a brief overview of the property and let us know the 411 on the area. Rooms come with free coffee thermoses that you can use for free coffee or tea refills from the KKV's cafes! They also have a lovely restaurant, The Kling House, which serves breakfast and lunch. Since it is January, the place was very quiet, but the stores and restaurants were still open (except on Sundays). Definitely one of the best places I have stayed at in my life, and I have been to many hotels in my day! Keep up the good work, everyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StormieIV
Kate D, Manager at Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Kitchen Kettle Village! Strawberry Street's Room 103 is a really unique room--I am glad you enjoyed it...Don finished putting a fresh coat of paint on it just last week! Thanks for letting us know about lack of the WiFi reception in the room. We will be sure to look into it. It is great that you had the opportunity to meet Don on your first visit--he is a lot of fun! We wish you could have stayed a few extra days, too. We look forward to seeing you again soon. --Kate

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have stayed many times before at Kitchen Kettle and always, always have a relaxing time. This time of the year was quiet and wonderful for us to unwind. The friendly staff and the beautifully furnished room made for a nice getaway. The village is so much fun to shop in with the unique stores and surrounding. The homemade jams and jellies are fabulous and that is the first stop for me as I stock up for a few months. You always see the Amish riding in their carriages .... I certainly respect the way that they adhere to their way of life. If just for one day make ceratin to put it on your list .... you will not regret it.

Room Tip: We always stay at the Kurtz House but there are other options available .... from smaller rooms to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you had such a relaxing time at Kitchen Kettle. The winter is the perfect time to visit if you want a quiet and peaceful escape. I stock up on the jams and jellies, too...the strawberry rhubarb is my favorite! Thank you again for your frequent visits and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon! --Kate

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was our first stay at the Inn at Kitchen Kettle. I was pleasantly surprised by the room, decor and service. We arrived the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving. The staff member on duty greeted us warmly and when I had trouble with the room key, immediately came to my assistance. The room includes breakfast but since the next day was Thanksgiving, and the restaurants were closed, the Inn left home made oatmeal, fruit, and milk in our room refrigerator. My boyfriend (who normally dislikes oatmeal) and I found it delicious, unlike anything we had eaten before. The bed was comfortable and the furnishing picturesque. We had a reserved parking spot, which I imagine when the tourist arrive is very handy. The inn also provided travel coffee mugs that when presented at several restaurants is filled with coffee or tea for free. The breakfast provided at the Kling House was excellent. I would recommend a stay here to anyone visiting Lancaster and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kate D, Manager at Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you, Roseanne for your kind words and recommendation! That baked oatmeal is delicious, isn't it? We hope to see you again soon! --Kate

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have stayed at the Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village many times. I usually stay with my mother and we have experienced most of the room offerings. On this stay in late December, we had our first stay at the Hershey Suite, room 401. I have to say that this room even surpassed our expectations for Kitchen Kettle, which were already super high.

Our favorite room before this stay was the Grandview Suite. It is also excellent. Both suites offer two bedrooms and two baths. The Grandview offers a full kitchen, but the Hershey has a soaking tub in one of the bathrooms and a wonderful fireplace. Both rooms are perfect for non-couples. They are always spotless and gorgeously decorated. The linens are perfect, the towels are lush, and the quilts are warm. The coffee in the room is from the kitchen kettle coffee shop. We always enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning before heading the the included breakfast at the Kling House restaurant. The service and food have always been great.

We have also stayed at most of the other rooms at the Inn. They are all nice. It depends how much room you need and whether you are traveling with children, other couples, or just a spouse/significant other.

I have never had a bad experience. And I am really picky.

The best part of the Inn is the customer service. It is just top notch. From your check in process, to the room services, to the village employees....everyone is so nice and helpful.

I love coming to Kitchen Kettle. It is peaceful and allows me the opportunity to relax. I am usually content sitting around with a good book and enjoying the coffee (as a guest, you get complementary coffee from the cafe or restaurants at the village).

I would and do recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a nice place to get away for some rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and spotless, however the number of people in your party would probably help...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Denise_54321

I was so glad to read that you have such a great time at Kitchen Kettle Village. It means a lot that you have taken the time to share your experiences. I do love that fireplace in the Hershey Suite--it is great this time of year. Our stewardship staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms and we love hearing that your room was spotless! I will certainly pass this on to the stewardship team. I hope to see you again soon! --Kate

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place was easy to find. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were very we well kept. Breakfast was yummy too. The touristy village attached was a bit too commercial and you could probably get better deals elsewhere. Can get quite crowded once the tour buses come in.

• Stayed: June 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Inn! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. --Kate

Reviewed 28 November 2013

What a great location in the heart of this charming village! A fully equipped & comfortable 2 bedroom apartment, with a carriage just outside your door - what more can you ask for? Our only regret was that we stayed only a single night en route from Washington to Niagara Falls. We will definitely stay longer if we ever find ourselves back in this neck of the woods. We also enjoyed an amazing buffet at Dienner's Country Restaurant. Five stars all round!

Room Tip: Our apartment was on an upstairs corner and had good views over the village.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

We would love for you to stay longer the next time you visit Lancaster County! So glad to hear you had a great time. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Niagra Falls. --Kate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse

Been to Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village? Share your experiences!