“Best breakfast!”

The Olde Mill Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Intercourse
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Olde Mill Restaurant is committed to celebrating the history, heritage and hospitality that have been a part of the town of Intercourse in Lancaster, PA for more than 200 years. Their combination of delicious homemade food, incredibly friendly staff and fair prices have continued to bring locals and visiting guests through their doors for over 30 years. Named after a literal old mill that once served the community at the turn of the century, the Olde Mill Restaurant boasts a grand stone exterior and interior treasures like period lighting, a copper counter, gorgeous post and beam ceiling supports and narrow slotted windows that replicate the style used for ventilation in traditional barns.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stopped by the Olde Mill for breakfast during a recent visit to Lancaster County. It has become a must stop for us. Breakfast for me was a huge farmers platter that came with everything you need, and also came with coffee cake! My wife's bacon and eggs came out hot and fresh as well. Everything was delicious! We will return here on our next trip to Pa.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The family stayed in the Best Western Intercourse and this restaurant is attached to the hotel. We initially intended on just eating the discounted breakfasts here. We had breakfast several times. The Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy (A personal favorite) and Creamed Chip Beef were both good, not the best but very good and worth a try. The Biscuits are not huge in size but they have a good taste and this was a surprising welcome change from my traditional mega Biscuits. Their Baked Oatmeal on the other had was Awesome! The only thing that could have been better would have been to serve it with steamed hot milk but it was delicious all the same.

We ended up doing dinner here because we were just done with the Mega Buffets and the marginal piles of food. Let me say this, the Bread Stuffed Meatloaf was Epic good. I have seen some other reviews here that shoot this place down, Personally the Meatloaf gets 5 stars all by itself. The texture, the taste the gravy, it was all fantastic.

This place does a stunning amount of business just on the local farmers and towns people, We were there for a week and saw many repeat customers, that says something right there.

Lets talk about the staff as well. We were happy to see a very attentive and friendly staff, many of whom are Amish. Fannie was an amazingly sweet waitress and having a chance to make friends with a traditional local was a real bonus to the trip.

Overall I would revisit Intercourse, PA from NYC just to have Breakfast or Dinner here again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Best Western Intercourse Village so this was a natural fit for breakfast. Ate here several times, twice for dinner. The baked oatmeal is addictive and the meatloaf is delicious. The staff (Fannie specifically) makes you feel like you see in their home.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stopped in Intercourse at the visitor's center and this restaurant was suggested. The inside of the building is beautiful and very clean. Too bad the food doesn't come close to being good. My friend and I shared the turkey dinner, she had mashed potatoes and I had carrots. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were from a box and the carrots had no flavor. One good thing to say was the homemade brownie was awesome. Good thing or I would have left hungry.

Kyle M, Manager at The Olde Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Donna,
I want to thank you for your feedback. I am always happy to hear our guests comments, whether good or bad, so that we can improve on either our product or service. It is our goal to ensure that everyone that dines with us has an outstanding experience, so it upsets me to hear that you did not. I want to assure you our mashed potatoes are made from scratch in house, and I want you to know that your other comments will be followed up on. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy our homemade brownies though.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Having been to this restaurant for years we decided to try the newly remodeled building and service.
I ordered the meat loaf and my wife had the stew. I had to stop eating the meat loaf after two bites. No taste at all and I could believe how bland and plain it tasted.
I will not return thanks to server who took the meat load off the bill.

The Hales on vacation.

2  Thank greenjeff

Allow me to first thank you for your comments. When we hear back from our customers on their experience it gives us the opportunity to either let our employees know that they did a great job or to make improvements/changes when necessary. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meatloaf dinner. I can assure you that this is the same meatloaf recipe that we have been using for years, but because of your feedback, we will take look at our recipe and see what changes need to be made to make it better. I am happy to hear that your server took care of you and your complaint.