This was our second Amish Country family vacation staying here. We ended up staying here by accident last year because the Best Western property in Lancaster I had originally planned to stay at was booked solid. The hotel had just completed renovations a couple weeks before we stayed, so it was basically brand new. My kids loved the hotel so much, and the central location to so many attractions in the area, that they pretty much demanded that we return this year. A year after the renovations, the hotel has been extremely well maintained. There were a few dings and scratches on the walls from people banging luggage around, but it still feels almost brand new. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. We had one minor hiccup during our stay, which was mostly my fault. I incorrectly assumed that the three bed, two room suites all had patios or balconies, and this is not the case. The hotel did the best they could to accomodate me. They could not switch our room during the first two days of our stay, but moved us to a room with a patio for the last three nights. Be sure to request a patio or balcony when you make your reservation, if you enjoy winding down outside from a busy day at Hershey by enjoying a cocktail and listening to the clip-clopping of the Amish buggies passing the hotel. Speaking of cocktails, BYOB, this is a dry town. Plan on a 10 minute drive to the nearby town of Gap if you need booze or groceries. Hotel breakfast at the attached restaurant is excellent, but the service can be painfully slow. They offer a grab-and-go option in the lobby which consists of donuts, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. but only on the weekends. If you're not in a hurry, the restaurant is worth the wait. Something nice for the kids that was new this year for us was a family movie night. They show a movie in one of their conference rooms on a powerpoint projector and a big screen, and provide popcorn. I think this is Saturday nights only, but it might be Fridays too, I'm not totally sure. The owner, Kurt Thomas, is on site and seems to be very active in the day to day operations of the hotel. I saw him several times during our stay walking the halls and checking on the pool and restaurant. He even remembered me from last year, not by name, but knew that I looked familiar and had stayed there before. The location couldn't be better. You are within 45 minutes of Hershey, Lancaster, Turkey Hill, Reading, Lebanon, Harrisburg, and York. You can easily fill up a week of kid-friendly fun staying here. We will be back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now offer a Full Service Day Spa onsite - Serenity Day Spa is now open for business! Offering massages, facials, manicures, and pedicures to pamper and relax you on your next getaway! We offer top quality accommodations which include a large and inviting lobby, Indoor pool & Hot Tub, meeting space, large two room guest suites and family suites. Located in the Village of Intercourse, within walking distance to shops in the village and close to all Lancaster attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Restaurant Hotel Intercourse
- Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn And Restaurant
- Best Western Intercourse
- Intercourse Best Western