“Top Notch Family Vacation in a Great Location”

Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Intercourse
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our second Amish Country family vacation staying here. We ended up staying here by accident last year because the Best Western property in Lancaster I had originally planned to stay at was booked solid. The hotel had just completed renovations a couple weeks before we stayed, so it was basically brand new. My kids loved the hotel so much, and the central location to so many attractions in the area, that they pretty much demanded that we return this year. A year after the renovations, the hotel has been extremely well maintained. There were a few dings and scratches on the walls from people banging luggage around, but it still feels almost brand new. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. We had one minor hiccup during our stay, which was mostly my fault. I incorrectly assumed that the three bed, two room suites all had patios or balconies, and this is not the case. The hotel did the best they could to accomodate me. They could not switch our room during the first two days of our stay, but moved us to a room with a patio for the last three nights. Be sure to request a patio or balcony when you make your reservation, if you enjoy winding down outside from a busy day at Hershey by enjoying a cocktail and listening to the clip-clopping of the Amish buggies passing the hotel. Speaking of cocktails, BYOB, this is a dry town. Plan on a 10 minute drive to the nearby town of Gap if you need booze or groceries. Hotel breakfast at the attached restaurant is excellent, but the service can be painfully slow. They offer a grab-and-go option in the lobby which consists of donuts, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. but only on the weekends. If you're not in a hurry, the restaurant is worth the wait. Something nice for the kids that was new this year for us was a family movie night. They show a movie in one of their conference rooms on a powerpoint projector and a big screen, and provide popcorn. I think this is Saturday nights only, but it might be Fridays too, I'm not totally sure. The owner, Kurt Thomas, is on site and seems to be very active in the day to day operations of the hotel. I saw him several times during our stay walking the halls and checking on the pool and restaurant. He even remembered me from last year, not by name, but knew that I looked familiar and had stayed there before. The location couldn't be better. You are within 45 minutes of Hershey, Lancaster, Turkey Hill, Reading, Lebanon, Harrisburg, and York. You can easily fill up a week of kid-friendly fun staying here. We will be back again next year!

1  Thank MattBart3975
Write a ReviewReviews (2,159)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Another wonderful stay at one of our favorite hotels. We visit several times a year and always have a warm welcome and great stay. Love the oatmeal and coffee cake for breakfast. great ambiance. An easy walk to some little shops.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was a wonderful overnight trip for myself and my two friends, one being 92, so we reserved a handicapped room. It was more then I expected, the décor was beautiful, great beds, and so quiet. We arrived after going to Sight and Sound to see Moses, went to the hotel restaurant, which was delightful, great food, great staff. I was surprised to see so many locals eating dinner, went back in the morning for breakfast, it was the same, great meal, great staff, very busy, but ran so smooth. I will be planning a fall trip soon for my family, I plan on making reservations for this hotel. We loved the hot tub and pool it was beautiful. I know my little granddaughter and her Mom will enjoy that beautiful pool too. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is probably one of the more exceptional hotels I've stayed in. It was clear that the staff pays close attention to detail. The front desk was sure helpful and friendly and the maid service was exceptional. It was a very comfortable and clean stay. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Hotel is gorgeous on the inside and out. Great food at the restaurant. Courteous staff that will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Walking into the lobby makes you feel like you are at home.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Our family of 5 had plenty of space. Rooms were bigger than many hotels. Everything was very clean. Pool was great too. All staff were very friendly. If I had to change one thing I would add a shelf in shower to put shampoo bottles on. But that's it. Restaurant had delicious food. But on crowded days, get to restaurant before 8am for breakfast if you don't want to wait. We'll be back :)

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time in this hotel, it is pristine, very lovely accommodation. We will come back again. A very nice comfortable hotel, the pool area is very clean, my family enjoyed our time in this hotel.

1  Thank Juvy A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
AmishView Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lancaster (Amish Country), PA
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!