“Valentine's Nightmare”

Ranked #7 of 192 Restaurants in Wembley
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Wembley and located under the iconic Wembley Stadium Arch, Wembley Tandoori has been serving its own unique style of Indian and Nepalese cuisine for over 30 years.
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Went for a meal after choosing this restaurant based on score on the door review.

We were put on a table up the back behind a table full of kitchen stuff and our table didn't even have cutlery or napkins.

Menu took ages to arrive, we weren't offered the special v day menu, food took forever, and I had to root through the table behind us to get napkins. I felt like laying all the tables myself.

I was on the verge of quitting several times as I was going to a concert at Wembley and the restaurant wasn't even all that busy. Whoever was ordering all the takeaways didn't have to wait long though.

There was only one floor staff who was trying his best, bless him, but the managers were more interested in their party of friends and family who were given stacks of attention. They shouldn't have bothered opening if they weren't going to notice paying customers.

Will never go back. Was so annoyed that I would give them minus points if I could.

The saag aloo was rubbish too.

1  Thank Deborah C

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We arrived early for a meal, and being Valentines day realised restaurants were likely to busy as we hadn't booked. There was a Special Valentines set menu on offer which we ordered thinking it sounded reasonably priced and that it would be quicker than ordering off the normal menu...
The starters arrived ok and we're very good, however after more than hour there was no sign of a main course and it was noticeable that nobody seemed to be being served although plenty of take always seemed to be going out. We did ask if our meals were coming and were told they were on their way. After another 20 minutes no food, by this time we had been in the restaurant for 2 hours. Eventually just as we were about to leave part of the meal turned up. The waiter said some of his staff had not turned up due to the stormy weather. After another 10 minutes we gave up and left. I understand that they clearly had staffing problems, but the communication about this was dreadful. At no point did anyone bother to explain the delay or apologise. There was a large party who seemed to be family or friends who were the only ones being served and most of the other customers were also looking fed up. Fortunately we weren't out for a romantic evening but just trying to get a quick (ha ha) meal after watching a TV recording, I am sure anyone out for a romantic meal would have been very disappointed!
It's a great shame as they food we did get was actually very good!

1  Thank Pjs666
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant last night and enjoyed a delicious spicy lamb jalfrezi. Lots of meat, lots of taste, and large portions. Staff were polite and helpful. Meal was a very good price. Would highly recommend. Can't really fault the place.

WembleyTandoori, Owner at Wembley Tandoori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is seriously one of the best Indian restaurants I ever tried. It would be the best if they would have my favorite India dish: fish pakora. Nonetheless their cheese naan was fantastic, the owner was extremely friendly, the drinks were really good, and at the end I got to try a to-die-for "secret" dessert that was not on the menu. All in all, it was a great experience and I highly recommend to anyone visiting the Wembley area. Its location is really good, close to the metro.

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your review. We have taken your comments into consideration as we always look to improve the menu here at Wembley Tandoori. I am glad you had a good dinning experience with us. See you on your next trip to London hopefully!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were late back from the city, and wanted a meal other than the restaurant in our Wembley Hotel. We were given a warm welcome, and a very quick efficient service. The food was very good, and I have no hesitation in recommending it for anybody looking for a good curry in wembley. I would definitely use again in the future.

Dear Reviewer,

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.