“SHOCKING GUEST HOUSE”

Ranked #7 of 11 Wembley B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“SHOCKING GUEST HOUSE”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived here to stay for 5 nights and went to my room and that was enough for me I had to leave straight away it is terrible
I have stayed in a lot of B&Bs around the country and this is the worst I have ever been to
A twin room was £ 50 and it was £ 49 to much
they left pillows on our beds that with stains on that even vanish could not remove
its very close to wembley but that's the only good thing about this guest house

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Decka1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked this "B&B" because it was near to the stadium and we were looking for somewhere at short notice. We were told by the owner that we would be staying in his other "Hotel" just down the road. He said it was in walking distance but he would drive us there as he was feeling lazy. He told us the room was not ready yet (at 1630!) but would be by the time we got back (2300). After we got into his car he said he had forgotten his phone (despite having two in his hand)and would just pop back for it. After 15 minutes of waiting I went back to get him. He then got into the car with another man and took us to the other "hotel". We walked past a conservatory type room, which had a single bed stored in it, and in through the back door!! We were shown to a twin room which had books and photographs on one of the shelves. When I asked if someone lived there I was told "yes, but its OK, he's not here". The room (and the whole house) was dirty and smelled disgusting. The paper was peeling off the walls, the carpets were filthy as were the windows. I stupidly went into the bathroom - if it had been a public loo I would have complained to the council - I have never seen anything like it in my life!! There was a quilt sticking out of the bottom of one of the filthy covers - it was literally black with dirt. Needless to say we decided not to stay! We then had to book a hotel - on a saturday afternoon of a big concert. Luckily we got one. Please NEVER NEVER attempt to stay in this establishment - I wouldn't have let my dog sleep on those beds!!

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sharon L

Travellers are raving about these Wembley hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 September 2013

had a reasonable stay. a good location, reasonable care and room service bad. but it was because we were the tour and the location helped a lot. on the first day gave us a pessimo apartment, but after they upgraded us our complaints and improved.

Room Tip: the higher floors are terrible
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Francktarcisio
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked this b+b for me + my sister in june 2013 as we were attending a concert at wembley. when I enquired, last minute I was told there was a twin room cancellation available. We were told to arrive any time after 12, as the concert didn't start till 6.30pm we turned up at 3pm and were told that the room wasn't ready as he's cleaner didn't show up and he was alone. We were told we could hang out while waiting. While he took a break or we could leave our stuff and enjoy the gig and our room would be ready when we got back. We had no choice but to leave our stuff in the living room!!! When we got back at around 12.30am we were told we would be staying in he's personal room!!! not really what you expect when your paying £70 a night.
The room was full of all of hes personal belongings, my bed head board was the door leading to what I'm guessing was a conservatory~ again full of all of hes stuff~ kinda like a junk room.
The beds had a sheet and what looked like new duvets and pillows without covers! and under our 1 pillow was a sofa cushions. The divan base of my bed was ripped.
The nights sleep was bad, every time someone used the toilet you could hear what sounded like a generator switching on and stayed on for quite along time. All night you could hear both the guests above us and the owners tv's. At one point during the night/early morning we could hear what sounded like the owner having a disagreement with a guest, which I'm now guessing was "Leeds2302" We were awoken at 7am~ ish to what sounded like indian pray music!

Other all we didn't enjoy our stay and I think if you say you have a room spare it shouldn't be your personal room! We didn't bother staying for breakfast. Not as advertised don't waste for money. If we hadn't been so desperate we wouldn't have stayed!
The only good thing was how close it was to Wembley stadium!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank shortartist
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This b&b is cheap but not worth whatever you pay. Beds are so uncomfortable, I couldn't sleep a bit. Bathroom and rooms are so tiny that you won't have space to move.
Owner is not particularly friendly.

In nutshell, do try your best to avoid it.

Room Tip: don't take a room.. that's the best tip.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a double room for one night at the guest house by phone three weeks prior to a concert we were attending in June 2013. We were told it would £50 she repeated £50 each or for the room then the man on the other end repeated £60 for the room. We booked the room and asked if a deposit was needed but was told "No it's OK and we will see you on the 22nd of June" When we arrived we had to knock on the door a few times before someone answered, we went in, my girlfriend told the man her name he then looked in a book and scribbled something out and asked if we had paid? We said the man who took the booking said it was OK he didn't want a deposit, he then asked if we had the right hotel? We then showed him the details we had wrote down and asked if we were at the right place, he confirm the details. He then said only him and his wife placed booking for the guest house and he hadn't taken our booking. We asked if he knew of any other guest in the area with vacancies? He said he didn't know but we pursed this and he begin to ring around. While he was on the phone we managed to look in the reservations book and found the page for that day only to find my girlfriend name, phone number and £60 circled with the whole thing scribbled out, we told him our names were in the book and he said he didn't know who took the booking. This then turned into an argument, my girlfriend tried taking the page out of the book with our booking on only to be pushed out of the way and the owner screws up the page and threw it on the floor. Whilst all this was happening another man who we think could have been his son couldn't stop laughing, at this point we left knowing we had to find somewhere to stay, if we were to see the concert only to find everywhere around Wembley was full.

My advice is don't stay here if you are going to an event at Wembley stadium, because I believe this guy will sell your room to anyone or the highest bidder who turns up on the day.

I would definitely get an confirmation of booking or invoice before you stay at this place if they have any procedure in place to provide this, so you don't end up in the mess we did 200 miles away from home, travelling all over London trying to find a room for the night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Leeds2302
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

i have been staying at this guest house for year as i work regularly near by, and always book in advance the guest house has recently been taken over i have never had any trouble until august 2011, as usual i booked early a double room for me and my wife for a saturday night, we phoned on the monday before to make sure everthing was ok with the room, and to inform them we would be arriving between 8 & 9 at night they said this was ok, on arrival at 20:15 there was nobody answering the door bell, i phoned the number displied on the wall out side, the owner answered he told me he was phoning someone to sort us out, after tring to phone him for an hour and a half of standing outside he finally answered telling me he had given our room to some one else and was trying to get us in some where else, there was a heated conversation and he put the phone down where we were left to find alternative hotel which luckily did,

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business