“Hotel review”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Hotel review”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My Daughter and I stayed here overnight last Saturday. We chose this location for its closeness to the arena. Less than a 5 minute walk which was ideal.
Every member of staff we came into contact with was helpful and friendly.
The room was comfortable and clean but definitely in need of updating. The walls were paper thin and other guests voices could be heard clearly.
I came down in the morning hoping to buy a coffee. The lady on the breakfast checkin was really helpful and said if I'd like to sit in the bar area, someone would bring me a coffee. I had a pot of fresh coffee and 2 shortbread biscuits for £2.40. I was very pleased.
We got a good deal via booking .com
Overall it was clean and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which has already been renovated.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Carolejh-2,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our great location and staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, England
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The hotel is undergoing a major renovation - and I got a room that had been completed just the week before. A faint hit of paint in the air, but no problem. The new rooms are well up to standard. Reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the bar attendant was first class!

The hotel-TV help pages stated that wired internet was free and could be used with the internet cable in the dresser drawer. There ARE no drawers - and no internet cables :( On enquiring of the manager he stated that wi-fi was free in the public areas and chargeable in the rooms. He didn't seem too understand the wired option. Perhaps the video help page is in need of revision?

Breakfast (early, just 10 minutes after it started) LOOKED great, and tasted just as good - but to describe it as lukewarm would have been an exaggeration. Perhaps its put under the heat-lamps like that and would have been fine half an hour later, but I like a full-English HOT! A disappointing end to a stay in what is otherwise a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bob831
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Bob831,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel, im very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay and I will certainly be taking these up with the General Manager on your behalf.

Please rest assured that the issues will be looked into and rectified ahead of your next stay with us

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is not your "Holiday Inn" like you see on the commercials in the US. If you're traveling from the US, lower your expectations so you won't be disappointed OR request a room on the 8th, 9th or 10th floor. Here's why: they must be doing renovations. I was booked on the 1st floor. When I entered the room, it smelled and looked like an animal had died in it. Even the porter agreed and suggested I stay in the room for the night and ask for a different room in the morning. I didn't wait. I asked the receptionist for a different room. He rudely told me and his colleague that there were no rooms available at all and walked away. Luckily the night manager was there and was able to find "the last room" in the hotel. Anything beat the dead animal smell in the first room. So I took it. That last room was on the 10th floor and the layout was night and day versus the 1st floor room. Which got me wondering why they are charging people an arm and a leg for smelly rooms when they have nice ones available. On lower floors, expect dingy conditions and lots of "renovation" noises such as jackhammers, banging, loud talking, etc. Also, look out for hairs on the towels. :-(

I'm not suggesting that you DON'T stay there...I am suggesting that if you do, make your requests known up front and try to get a room on one of the higher floors. Know what you're getting into.

My ratings are based on the experience overall not on the 10th floor room that I stayed in (that one was nice).

Room Tip: Stick to higher floors for the time-being or simply ask for a newly renovated room. Do best to stay...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear WorldTraveller2177,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel and for raising the points mentioned in your review.

Im sorry to hear that you felt the room wasnt adequate and as you mention we are going through a full refurbishment of the Hotel, I will pass on your comment sto the General Manager regarding the staff and ensure that some training is given to ensure these problems do not happen again.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel has recently been taken over by Holiday Inn. They are currently renovating it so I do not advise anyone to stay during this time unless you are using it for its great location!

We stayed here for 2 nights. Got a great deal with Stockton Heath Travel including our rail tickets it came our half the price of any other online quote.

Train stopped at Euston, its a 5 min walk around the corner to the tube station. The hotel is a few stops from Euston Square Tube, getting off at Wembley Park. Using the Oyster card I only topped up around £15 for the whole weekend so don't worry about it being a little more expensive to stay outside central London.

From Wembley Park station you can take two routes to the hotel but the better one we found was to walk down the stairs and go underneath the bridge and walk directly towards Wembley Stadium, once at the stadium turn right, you should already be able to see the Holiday Inn sign, if not you will be able to see the Hilton and/or Wembley Arena! Once you get to the shopping area you can take any of the paths heading to the main road and turn left. Roughly 15min walk in total.

Theres a Costa, TGI's etc right around the corner to the hotel and a McDonalds on your way to the tube station.

There was a long queue at check-in which we expected. Got our room cards and headed to the 3rd floor. The Reception, bar area has already been renovated and is your typical Holiday Inn deep shades and shiny floors but as soon as you enter the lifts you get the colorful carpets and musty smell. The double room was unfortunately just two twins noticeably put together but very comfortable. You get an iron, hairdryer, tea/coffee. Bathroom is very basic as is the furniture but again this will all change. Couldn't work the heater and the signal of the TV's are awful on some channels (apparently well known in this area). The room did get cleaned. Luckily there is a lock on the door as the cleaners do just walk in, but she was very friendly. Not much of a view regardless of what room you have, we had the curtains closed the whole time. You have to crank your next to see the stadium, otherwise you just see Tesco Extra or the Ibis hotel.

Wi-fi was free in the bar area. The drinks were priced at London rate, roughly £7 for spirit and mixer. The food was excellent and this was just from the bar menu. The restaurant menu did not appeal to us in the slightest. Again expensive, around £14 for burger and chips, £12 pizzas.

The hotel is literally next to the stadium which was so useful! Not having to be sardines on the tube after the game.

The hotel gave us free late check-out until 2pm Monday. We always ask the night before check-out as depending on how busy they are most hotels can offer you this for free. (little travel agent trick of trade).

Unfortunately we were there during the big storm so didn't get to see much else of London!

I have only given this a average sleep quality rating due to the work starting on the hotel early, loud drills and banging above us throughout Monday morning.

I would stay here again for the Wembley Stadium or Wembley Arena.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear PurpleBeach5,

Thanks for your review of the Hotel, I have made a note of the points you have mentioned and will take these up with the General Manager, I value feedback like yours as this ensures we learn and get better as a Hotel.

Our renovations are soon to be finished so we look forward to welcoming you back to the fully upgraded hotel soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in November. The location was fantastic and great for access to the new designer outlet next door. The newly refurbished rooms were done to a really high standard - the bathroom was immaculate!

The bar area was really good and pleasantly busy with people. The restaurant and food were also very good.

All in all I would certainly recommend this hotel and will be coming back to stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jonathan H,

Wow!

Thanks for your great review of the Hotel, I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I will pass your comments onto our Housekeeping Manager as she will be delighted with your comments

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was really pleased with this hotel. It came up as cheapest on comparison sites and so I took the plunge. Thinking back to Wembley before it's regeneration, I was worried I might be staying in a dingy and dated hotel hence paying £75 per night for myself and my two sons.
On the contrary the hotel is very modern, clean and comfortable.
One downside is the 10-15 minute walk from Wembley Park Tube, all of the other chain hotels are right by the tube station.
The room (722) was very modern, plush bathroom with one double and one sofa bed which wasn't the comfiest but the double was fine. Central London and the Shard were visible from our room.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble.
Made use of the pool and sauna on both nights which was clean and available to children until 10pm (9 on weekends) which was a bonus for us.
Nice bar area and restaurant, very spacious. For the price I paid I was delighted with the services available and then size and cleanliness.
One other down side, there are large, heavy fire doors on the corridors and the sound of these slamming to throughout the night was a little annoying but nothing we couldn't handle.
£8 pays for a travelcard in to London which can be used to get to/from the hotel and then all day around town so if you can get a good price on this hotel as I did, it is worth stating here and then using the tube to get in to Central London. For this price the facilities were excellent, family friendly. Bar staff, lobby staff, pool staff and breakfast staff were all very friendly.
There was a large contingency of what looked like Eastern European visitors present and at breakfast I noted some of the guests were quite demanding of some of the staff, some clicking their fingers in their direction and demanding coffee refills etc but I never saw the staff lose patience and they did everything they could to be polite to guests.
Lobby staff offered help with my baggage and made a fuss of my sons which goes a long way.
I've yet to have a bad experience at a Holiday Inn.
Superb value for money, bar drinks were also reasonable at £1.65 for a cola.
Really pleased Thankyou.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Shaun B,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel, Im delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with your sons.

I will pass your comments on regarding the fire doors as I know the sound can be very annoying, especially in the night.

I will also let the General Manager know about your comments regarding the staff as we value all the feedback we receive.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have used numerous Holiday Inns across the country over the years, but found this one very disappointing. Perhaps because it has mainly transient guests, but I found the hotel and its staff very impersonal and not at all accommodating. I didn't feel that they welcomed or appreciated having my business at all.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gill155,

Thanks for your review of the Hotel, im sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy your experience of the Hotel, could you please contact me on salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk so that I can discuss this further with you and understand more about the problems you encountered