“Location Location Location”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Location Location Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is an average hotel, the parking is tight and not very well organised. However the location is perfect for Wembley. The service was excellent as expected. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone attending an event at Wembley but would also advise to get there early if you want parking as on match days it is open to the public. Otherwise the train is only a few mins walking.

Room Tip: Get there early for parking for major events. Otherwise take the train!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear JulyAid,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, I will pass your comments on regarding the car park, if you have any suggestions as to how we can improve your experience please feel free to contact us

Hotel Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Romsey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, looks recently refurbished. Reception friendly and helpful. One criticism would be about the area; Wembley has lots of restaurants but very few bars so don't come here for the nightlife. The hotel is within walking distance of the town centre and is not very busy at night time. For breakfast we chose the cheaper option of eating across the road at Cafe 2000, good choice of food at reasonable prices.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Panther14,

Thanks for your review, Im glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Yarm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had two good nights here and will likely use it again if we return to Wembley stadium as it is perfectly located for it and is easily accessed from any Wembley train station. The outlet mall nearby is great for a variety of restaurants so we would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear JKY2013,

Thanks for your review!

Im glad that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

After our experience next door we decided to book into this hotel for our return visit. Chalk and cheese! If you need to stay near Wembley then this hotel is the only choice. Very friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble, looked after our bags free of charge for a week, very nice renovated room and great fitness area. Very good value for money. All the staff should be congratulated. Very good service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Macca6178,

Thanks for your great review, I will pass your comments onto the relevant heads of department who will be thrilled with your feedback!

We look forward to seeing you again soon

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I would like to thank the staff for literally 'saving the day' yesterday. My husband and I arrived for a 2 night stay to celebrate our sons graduation at wembley stadium. unfortunately an on going knee problem of my husbands flared up and he was unable to walk.The hotel so very kindly loaned us a wheelchair so i was able to get my husband to the venue., and even provided an extra blanket!.
We cannot thank you enough for enabling us to enjoy our day with our son.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear lookseeengland,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel, Im pleased that we were able to help with the wheelchair, and that it didnt spoil your stay

We look forward to seeing you again at the Hotel soon

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

As the title says, this is one of the best Holiday Inns I've stayed at. Upon arrival, my expectations weren't too high. The building was very '1960s tower block' and looked a bit miserable. Having found the entrance (it takes a while to find, especially coming from Wembley Stadium station!), I checked in at the hotel, and from there onwards, everything was fantastic. Throughout my one night at the hotel, between check in and check out, every member of staff I came into contact with was trained to perfection. The management of this hotel are clearly doing a fantastic job at recruitment & training, as this was with no doubt the best staff crew I've ever been served by at a hotel. They were all polite, friendly, helpful and respectful. I was welcomed by the check-in lady as a platinum IHG Rewards member, and offered a complimentary drink or points bonus as usual. I was also given a pre-printed letter from the hotel management. They have made the effort of preparing welcome letters for platinum members, giving them a welcome to the hotel, showing current points balance as well as outlining the platinum benefits at the hotel. This was the first time I've ever had this at a holiday inn. My room was on the 10th floor, an executive room I believe, and it was clearly refurbished in the past few years as it was a beautiful room (photo attached). The view over London was also fantastic, just a shame I could only see it at night. The dinner was in the form of a buffet. Don't let that put you off though; the food is of an extremely high standard. Even better was the service in the restaurant. Staff were extremely attentive but not intrusive. When I got up to get my next course from the buffet, I would return and my table would have been cleared of the previous course. Staff were there if I needed them, but not intrusive at all. Just a pleasant 'How's your meal, sir?' from a man whom I assume was the restaurant manager. I had a very good night's sleep, the bedding was excellent quality and very comfortable. I awoke in the morning to my scheduled wake-up call, precisely on time, and opened my door to find a complimentary copy of the 'i' newspaper waiting outside my room. With complimentary water & chocolates in the room, as well as a chargeable minibar and room service, there was plenty available for drinks and snacks. There were also bathrobes, slippers and luxury toiletries, as well as a rain-style shower in the en-suite, which was very nice. Overall I really enjoyed staying here, and wouldn't hesitate to return. I believe it is a franchised Holiday Inn (as most are), but the management of it clearly have an outstanding perception of customer service - the efficiency and helpfulness of everything during my stay was exceptional; this place definitely deserves more recognition since perfecting customer service like they do is a very fine art. If I had to give one downside, it would be that breakfast only starts at 0630 - I'd have liked to be able to leave earlier than I did, as I had to get into central, and have breakfast shortly after 0600, but this was only a minor issue, and probably won't affect most people who I'd imagine are here for wembley stadium/arena.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Henry C
Dear Henry C,

Thanks for your great review!

Im glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and we are looking to address the look of the outside of the building in the coming months, I will pass your comments onto our GM who will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, as I was going to a match at Wembley. The price booked by my company was £190/night b&b pre-paid, non-refundable. It appears the premium for all Wembley hotels on match day and, with this in mind, it represented reasonable value.
When checking in, I was informed that the telephone in the room was broken and asked if I was okay with that. Glad I went with it, as it secured me a refurbished room, which is essential for a comfortable stay. One of my work colleagues had the misfortune of being in a non-refurb'ed room; which was tired and featured a mouldy bathroom. My room, however, was modern and clean, with a walk-in shower in place of a bath, in a stylish, modern ensuite. Although fairly compact, the room was well enough appointed to provide comfortable accommodation.
I went to the gym, which was rather small and hot. Fortunatly, it was at least quiet when I went.
In the evening there is a pleasant bar area, which, whilst busy,seemed to cope well and didn't feel overcrowded, despite the residence being full and it being match day.
The evening pre-match buffet was £35/head and was a bit of a rip off; but you can't complain too much considering the demand when a match is on. Also, it was acceptable to entertain customers in, which is more than can be said for many of the nearby eateries!
Free WiFi in the public areas allowed me to get some work done in the bar in the morning.
Breakfast was an unmemorable hot buffet.
Staff were pleasant throughout, especially on reception.
Overall, reasonable value and good bet for Wembley events.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear king_of_muffins

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, I will pass your comments onto our General Manager, if you have any thoughts on how we could make your next stay a 5 star review please let us know