“The curse of the mini bar...”

Hilton London Wembley
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Let's start with the positives!

Easy enough to find. Travel on the jubilee line to Wembley Park Station and straight away you should see the stadium. Head straight towards it, the hotel is just to the right of it.

Check in was fast and efficient, if not a little robotic as previously mentioned in other reviews. The receptionist took a swipe of my card to hold £50 a night for any 'accidentals' as she kindly put it.

I had a king size room, it was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I was in room 722 which had a nice view of the stadium which was right next to it. (Keep in mind when booking this hotel that there are building works going on around the hotel at the moment so you will often hear a few bumps and bangs throughout the day.)

In short walking distance of the shopping mall which is still undergoing building work. Good choice of restaurants including Prezzo, TGI Friday's, Wagamama's etc. Small Tesco express round the corner next to the shopping mall for any essentials you might need during your stay.

I didn't see/use it but there is a swimming pool.

And on to the negatives...

Wifi isn't complimentary and I wasn't prepared to pay £15 for 24 hours.

I believe (after witnessing) the mini bar man will let himself into your room while you're out to check your fridge. I felt really unwell during my stay and put some of my water in the fridge & sat some of the drinks that were in it on the side whilst my water cooled. Came back after getting some medicine, got my water and put the drinks back in the fridge, unopened. On check out I was told that I had £13 to pay after purchasing items from the mini bar...

After reading previous comments about the mini bar, just a heads up...Don't even open the door! It's more trouble than it's worth.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lollylewly
Hilton-Wembley, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review online following your recent visit to Hilton London Wembley, we very much appreciate your time.

I am delighted that your check in experience was great and you found our rooms to be comfortable. I am sincerely sorry to hear of the disturbance caused due to the final completion works of the London Designer Outlet. Unfortunately the works which were being carried out were beyond our control, as they were not taking place on the hotel premises. I am pleased to inform you that all such works are now complete.

Wifi is complimentary to guests in our public areas and Executive Lounge. I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their internet charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and not something that we can reduce or increase of our own free will.

I am sorry for the issues you experienced with the minibar which I will follow up and feedback to the team.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon when you will have the opportunity to make use of our leisure facilities.

Bernadette Gilligan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,899)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Hotel situated right opposite wembley stadium. Very easy to book our stay on line and very easy to check in when we arrived. Car parking just a very short walk away at £15 per day which is the reduced price when staying at the hotel. 7 mins walk to the nearest tube station-you need a day ticket for zones 1-4 costs £8 per adult children travel for free. Takes about 20mins on the tube to get to Green Park station and it's easy then to get to all the city attractions and the shops. There is a new designer outlet shopping centre just 2mins walk from the hotel.

We had a delux king size family room with double sofa bed. Sofa bed had no pillows, duvet or sheets when we returned in the evening. Tried to call house keeping and reception from the phone in the room but no reply. Had to go all the way back down from floor 7 to sort this out and to be fair, it was sorted within 15 mins. Room was spotlessly clean, very large and bathroom was a fab size as well. Nice soft towels too.

Breakfast was included with our room. Was served til 10am, very spacious dining are with fab views of wembley stadium from all tables. Fantastic selection of hot and hot food all buffet style from traditional full English breakfast, porridge, fresh fruit, yoghurts, crumpets, Danish pasties etc. The fresh bread was to die for!!!!

Didn't have time to use the swimming pool but it did look nice and the area clean.

Would definitely return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Hilton London Wembley as your home away from home during your visit to London. We are very fortunate to be ideally located next to Wembley stadium with great links to the City.

I am sorry that no bedding was placed on the sofa bed and that you could not get hold of a member of our team. I have followed up on both matters with the team, my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Excellent room and service. If you shop around you can get extremely competitive deals with this hotel as well. The breakfast is the best hilton breakfast I've ever had.

Late checkout costs considerably extra at this hotel compared to the usual Hiltons that let you stay much longer but this is to be expected for a hotel in this location.

Room Tip: All rooms appear excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theturnipking

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your sharing your positive review with everyone, we very much appreciate it.

We are privileged to be in the perfect location for events at Wembley Arena and Stadium and also central London with connections in under 15minutes. I am pleased that you were able to secure a competitive rate. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast like many of our other guests.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about 10mins walk from Wembley Park underground, and right next to the stadium. Can't argue with the location. Easy, rapid access to central London via the Metropolitan line.

Staff on the desk were very helpful.

The room was a king size. Very clean, and a good size. Bathroom, with bath, also a good size.

Gripes: for a business hotel chain, charging for wired Internet in the room, with no in-room wifi, is behind the times. If I'm paying £150 per night, I expect free wifi for guests in the room. It's 2013, for goodness' sake!

There are some other things that the hotel charge for: £5 to empty the minibar, a mandatory tray charge on top of the room service prices that strike me as a bit of a budget hotel mentality, which I don't appreciate if I'm in a four star hotel.

I wouldn't recommend until the internet access is sorted out.

• Stayed: November 2013
Hilton-Wembley, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive comments with everyone.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, standard and team members were all to your complete satisfaction throughout your stay. I was thrilled to read that you found our rooms to be spacious, comfortable and clean.

Your comment regarding the £5 charge for emptying the minibar has been acknowledged which I will discuss with the team.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is nothing like central London hotels. In many ways, it's better - sharp, modern decor, spacious rooms, etc. It's relaxing and comfortable although it's a bit of a walk from the station - not a huge problem and not excessively far but a bit isolating. I wouldn't recommend driving here although I'm sure it's feasible. On the plus side, it really is very easy to get to from central London and the area feels safe enough.

Staff were okay; didn't have much interaction but it didn't really feel like they got customer service.

The rooms however are a standout - unbelievably spacious for London, modern and immaculate. Beds were as comfortable as ever and price was very reasonable. I didn't manage to get breakfast although I'd be keen to try.

Obviously for events at Wembley, the location is superb - but the rates tend to reflect that around event periods.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us recently.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer. Pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and spacious.
I have noted your comment regarding customer service. Your feedback is extremely valuable to me. More importantly, because I have recently been appointed General Manager for Hilton London Wembley, therefore, your important feedback will assist me to drive improvements in the levels of service we offer our guests.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is in a very good location - close to some stunning and impressive iconic, prestigious landmarks which truly stood out to the eye. The Wembley area itself has been greatly rejuvenated ever since the Olympic games, which has, in part, made the area seem overly compact and congested with its narrow streets and its crowds which did make it a little difficult to get too at first, however this was not a major issue for us. The hotel was ideal for us as we were visiting Wembley/Pinner and Harrow (North/North West London) and were not venturing anywhere into Central London. It was close to a large shopping center and various designer outlets, with nice restaurants featuring cuisines from across the world close by and not too far from Brent Cross Shopping Centre, overlooking both Wembley Stadium and Wembley area. We were reasonably close to the M1 (North), although because Wembley is such a large sprawl, travelling does take time from this area, unlike "slightly" quieter Pinner. We were firstly surprised at how modern and sophisticated this hotel looked from both the outside and inside as it was newly opened just 1.5 years ago. The decor seemed beautiful for a 4 star hotel of this stature. We were surprised at how clean the hotel was. We were however, slightly disappointed with the check-in, which proved to be just that bit slower than expected, only a slight minor issue cropped out though as it was pretty busy, although the check in staff were friendly and had a good attitude which we liked. It is a large and very clean hotel. It seemed spotless throughout and that included our splendid room too. We adored the layout of this hotel - much better than other 4 star hotels that we have been too. As we entered the room, the entire place seemed spotless - the room, the bed and the bathroom was quite simply spotless. The large TV stood out to us in the hotel. As we looked from the windows, it seemed that there was a carpet in our reach beneath us, however it was actually the ground, a gem which added to this beautiful place! It was a shame, though, that there was no Sky TV in the room, something that nearly all hotels have stopped now, nonetheless it still would have been nice if we had it. 2 friendly staff quickly came into our room without any bother whatsoever and laid the extra bed in our room. They did it with a pleasant smile on their faces - something which we were particularly impressed with. Wi-fi was not available on the room itself which we would have ideally liked, although this did not prove to be a major problem. We found the parking prices, however, a little too steep, something that proved to be slightly irritating for us,.otherwise the hotel was particularly reasonable for what we got. Our main concern, as raised above, is regarding that there was no phone service inside our hotel. We were very disappointed about this issue, something which did stand out from the other minor complaints that we had and this really does need to get fixed ASAP. Another thing that bothered us was that, although there was an A/C in our room, it was either too stuffy during the night, despite us setting the A/C to the correct temperature, it was still too stuffy in our room, it did not cause us to be sleep deprivation,though it was uncomfortable. I hope that this matter can be fixed. The breakfast itself was brilliant with everything that we wanted as it tasted delicious as expected, though the hospitality of the staff had blown me away - as my son is allergic to Wheat/Gluten Free food, one of the staff decided to bring special bread down to breakfast with me, however without me even asking, a staff came up to me and said that they offered Wheat/Gluten/Dairy free bread for my son and he, without hesitation, quickly came to our table with a pleasant smile on his face to bring the toast onto the table. I was very pleased and thankful for this gesture. Another thing which we greatly appreciated was that when I asked for milk sachets to be delivered into our room just after breakfast to have a cup of tea, the staff did not hesitate and they brought it up to our room straight away. The swimming pool and sauna was very nice and of a very good size - not too big, yet not too small, both child-friendly and very good for adults. No complaints. The views were spectacular from breakfast - as it overlooked both Wembley stadium and Wembley Arena, as many others have complained about construction work going on in the hotel, I did not see any problem here, instead we thoroughly enjoyed watching everybody doing construction work and it did not seem to be an eyesore in any way, shape, or form. The wallpaper, the layout an the decor is stunning for a 4 star hotel, something which we really liked. I accidentally left a bag with some documents and a laptop inside it as we went out to eat something in Harrow area and the staff in the hotel quickly gave us a ring to come and collect it and luckily we were in London, we were able to collect it quickly and efficiently as the staff handed it to us appreciatively. Check Out was quick, easy and efficient. I would like to thank all of the staff for their immense help and support that they have provided us alongside their pleasant faces and nice gesture. The service was truly outstanding beyond measure. I really do hope that these complaints do get fixed, particularly the one where there was no phone service inside the room, which did prove to be our biggest complaint of all. Nonetheless, I would highly recommend this modern, clean and sophisticated hotel to anyone staying in the Wembley/North London area as it was just so reasonable. Despite the complaints that we had, from experience, we will definitely be staying here again, sometime in the near future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking both Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena if you can. Enquire about wheth...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time and thanks also for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Brent and Harrow.

I was delighted to read that you found our facilities to be excellent and I have noted your comments. We are extremely proud of the facilities and product we offer and are always thrilled to know our guests feel the same .

I am pleased to learn that you found the hotel clean throughout, our Housekeeping team work hard to ensure we deliver excellent standards at all times. Delighted that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be friendly and service minded and that we looked after
you during your stay.

Thank you for recommending us as a place to stay when in London, I very much hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I am pleased to see that this Hotel is getting more popular.
The staff have become more "user friendly" and the food is now served at the proper temperature.
It is a good place to stay and at a reasonable price.
The food is good but the restaurant still lacks some atmosphere.
The bar is popular now and does have an atmosphere.
The rooms are first class, clean, tidy, spacious and with all mod cons.
To be recommended now it is getting used.
Probably good value for money although some 30 minutes or so from central London - walking and tube.
Well worth a stay and I suspect it will get better with time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review.

Thanks for sharing your experience following your stay with us again. I will certainly share your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.