“Our Stay was let down by restaurant”

Hilton London Wembley
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Wembley for the Andre Rieu concert on 23rd December 2013. Check in was fine, room really great. I had booked an a la carte meal in the restaurant on line beforehand. The service in the restaurant was shambolic. I can only assume the waiting staff were untrained, casual staff. There was no a la carte available only a 'hot' buffet. The food was cold and substandard. We could not eat it so walked out. The supervisors we complained to were very helpful and tried to offer us a meal in the bar. We declined as we had really been put off eating there. The bill was waived for the meal and wine. The breakfast was also cold. It is a great shame that our stay, the hotel and the regular staff were let down by the food. If a buffet is only available this should be made clear before you enter and order wine. The food should also be hot! I must reiterate that the supervisory staff did everything to appease us but appeared to be let down by the kitchen. Would I stay her again - yes. Would I eat here again - NO

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Bernadette Gilligan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,899)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for the Boyzone concert at Wembley Arena.

I don't have any negative views about it. Check-in was friendly, room was spacious, clean and my top priority - the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good (although where were the cooked tomatoes?). Didn't use the pool or gym so can't comment on them.

London Designer Outlet is next to the hotel, it has several restaurants and a M&S Outlet but there are many empty units.

I'd definitely go back to this hotel, it was easy to get to from Marylebone Station on the Chiltern Railways line to Wembley Stadium station.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am delighted that your check in experience was friendly and you found our rooms to be spacious and bed comfortable. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast like many of our other guests. I will share your feedback regarding “cooked tomatoes” with our Executive Head Chef.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Spacious comfy room. Plush surroundings. Excellent breakfast. All for a very good rate in London. Very good location for Wembley stadium or Arena. Bar very pleasant. Pool could be updated and warmer. Quiet room with all usual extras. Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We booked to attend the Andre Rieu concert at the Arena. The Hilton was reasonably priced and from the moment we arrived it exceeded expectations. Great welcome, cheap parking, large well fitted room, great meal- relaxed and to time. A spectacular building which made our trip....oh the concert was exhilarating!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us recently. Thrilled to read that you had an amazing evening at the Andre Rieu concert!

I was also delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us at Hilton London Wembley and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I should start by declaring an interest, I used to be a Diamond Honours card holder until working where there was not a Hilton and had Hilton strip 92,000 points from my account, but one of my favourite hotels in thew world is the Hilton Dubai Creek.

Sue had booked here because we were going to the Andre Rieu concert in the Wembley Arena straight over the road. The problems began with us trying to find the hotel and no one answering the telephone, we finally found the hotel and asked where the parking was, its UK15.00 extra but you do not know that until you have booked. The concierge took the bags and said back up there to the left, we drove back to the left but the parking said something like 80 or 100 pounds for the night, so we did a u-turn, not easy in our car, and went back and I was then told that we had to use that car park and they would validate us when we checked out, why this could not have been relaid to us on the first question and why they do not Valet park was not clear. Check in was pleasant enough but they asked for a card swipe for the mini-bar which we gave. Up to the room, pleasant clean but small for an executive floor room, try to open the mini-bar but it does not open, why, well because the system was down so why take 50.00 pounds on my card for the night, well I might want to watch a movie, at these prices no way. A quick check of the prices in the mini-bar made me glad it did not open.

Then there was the WiFi, its been a long time since I have been asked to pay for WiFi in a hotel but to add insult to pocket injury, anyone can wander into the lobby, or stand just outside and use the WiFi for free but if you are a paying guest and you want to work in your room you have to pay for it. Kind of stupid really, penalise the guest for staying with you.

We did not eat in any of the restaurants, the prices were not so bad but we had had a good lunch and went out and bought some snacks. Although we were staying on the Executive level and our reservation seemed to say we could use the club we were told we could not.

Checkout was good until we were informed that having validated the parking receipt you have 10 minutes to get the car paid for and out. The last negative point which some people might take as picky, you walk out the front door head towards the car park and have to walk past the Hilton Staff having a quick cigarette on the street, not a good advertisement.

The good bits, the room was clean the bed good for me hard for Sue, the bathroom was clean with a heated segment that was mist free, the TV system takes bit of understanding, the coffee tray was well provided.

Would we go back, well it it is ideally placed for the Wembley Arena so for shows there yes, does it make me a Hilton fan again, well no there were to many annoying little things and I want my 92,000 points back.

Room Tip: Higher floors better
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I was very surprised to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

What a change. The three day special made this extremely affordable and a quick trip into London on the Jubilee line.

The room was first class as was the pool and gym

breakfast buffet was good

The staff were exceptionally helpful and the doorman even came outside in the rain to point me in the right direction.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us recently.

I was thrilled to read that we surpassed your expectations and you found our team members to be attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

On my recent visit I found a prescription medicine inside my pillow . The only response was an agreement that it was not good.!! Not what one expects from this quality hotel chain! !
Otherwise very good specially breakfast. The parking is expensive.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with everyone, we very much appreciate your time.

I am sorry that you found a prescription inside your pillow cover, we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of standards and I am disappointed to read that we did not deliver this during your stay. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper to also address with her team.

I have noted your comment regarding the parking charge. The car park is not owned or operated by the hotel or Hilton, we have negotiated a discounted rate of £15.00 for 24hours continuous parking for our hotel guests.

On a positive note, I was delighted that you enjoyed breakfast! Thank you again for sharing your comments with everyone, we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.