“Very Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
Cardiff
“Very Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed for six nights at the end of February, we had 3 rooms, two corner suites, (798 and 898) and an executive king. All the rooms were lovely, comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed the space in the suites and the separate shower in the bathroom was great. In the executive room you only have a shower over the bath which is not problem but I prefer a separate shower.
With all the rooms we had free breakfast in the executive lounge which was good. On a few mornings we took breakfast in the restaurant and this was good except on one day when the lady cooking the eggs spoke poor English and it was difficult communicating our preferences to her.
We have stayed at the hotel several times before and this time we noticed that the standard of the Executive Lounge had dropped. The Staff were extremely pleasant and as efficient as always but the quality of the drinks and canapés were not as good as they were in the past. We were disappointed to find that the lounge no longer serves 'afternoon tea'. It appeared that the lounge was undergoing a big cost cutting exercise. It was still nice to sit in the lounge and enjoy the views from the top of the hotel.
We ate in the bar and restaurant many times during our stay. The food was very good, definitely above average. On our last night we had a problem in the restaurant because service was quite slow and our food arrived cold. This problem was rectified by the Manager and we were compensated for our disappointment.
The pool was nice and never overcrowded when we visited.
All the Staff at the Hotel are extremely friendly and efficient, especially the two ladies in the Executive Lounge who have worked there since the hotel first opened, they remembered us from our previous stays and did all they could to make our visits to the Lounge enjoyable.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel and I look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley. Thanks for choosing to stay with us when you visit Wembley!

I was very surprised to receive your feedback relating to your experience, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service which you have experienced in the past.

On a positive note, I was pleased to read that you liked the rooms you stayed in and that you also experienced a friendly service delivered by the team.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was modern, clean and luxurious and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Has everything you need in the rooms and the Breakfast is fantastic. I also used the pool (guests just swipe their room key card to access the health club) and found it very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and really pleased that you found the hotel luxurious!

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our gym which offers amazing views of the Wembley Stadium.

Thanks for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

As a seasoned business traveler I had a good chuckle about my trip to the Wembley Hilton. It kicked off with me explaining to the non-English staff that Bill was short for William and therefore that's why they couldn't find my booking for 20 minutes. Then waiting another 20 minutes for the concierge to return to the desk tried my patience just slightly. Add to this the reception staff chose to book me into a disabled room without asking (perhaps I'd annoyed them with the Bill / William thing), these guys get an average from me.

The room was fine apart from this (nothing special) but the food in the restaurant to their credit was very good. £25 for 3 courses and a very good choice.

One of the escalators between floors didn't work for the 2 days I was there so all in all the GM needs a kick up the behind! Perhaps they were on Holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for a Stadium view otherwise you get a wall and that's it!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your experience with us.
I am sorry that the team member did not understand that your name in short was Bill. Please accept my apologies for the confusion which arose which delayed your check in.

Please be advised that we rely on diverse workforce and that we support training wherever possible. I will indeed relay your feedback with our Front of House Team to avoid a similar experience in the future.

Please accept our apologies for the escalators not working during your stay. It was equally frustrating for me as General Manager to have our escalators out of operation. We had “escalated” this matter to our Senior Engineering Team. I am pleased to inform you that the necessary parts were urgently flown in and the escalators are now fully operational again. As an alternative and for our guest’s convenience during the time of your stay, all 4 of our lifts were fully operational which I trust you used instead.

Thank you so much once again for writing this review, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We choose to stay at the Hilton Wembley because it was right next door to the Wembley arena where we were seeing a show. The hotel was just what we wanted, all the staff were polite and very attentive. The room was simple but exactly what we were looking for. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us recently.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was lovely with quick and efficient check-in despite arriving before check-in time. The hotel is well positioned for Wembley Stadium with views over the stadium complex.
The meal I had in the restaurant was tasty and service was superb.
The bedroom was a good size, and hotel WiFi was usable for work during the afternoon (I was getting between 4 meg and 8 meg).

The only criticism I have was that although the bathroom was clean, it felt a little overdue for a refurbishment, with the natural stove counter particularly damaged. I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price, but for the 1/2 price I paid acceptable.
All in all not the best hotel I've stayed in for the price but certainly not the worst!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am delighted that your check in experience was great and you found our rooms to be comfortable.

Hilton London Wembley opened in July 2012, unfortunately since opening we have discovered a defect with the marble across over 80% of the hotel causing stains and marks. I can assure you that your bathroom and all rooms are fully cleaned and checked prior to guests being allocated rooms. We are currently in dispute resolution with the manufacturers of the bathroom pods and hope to have this resolved and all marble tops replaced in the very near future.

Thanks once again for your feedback. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Parma, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent hotel for any event held at the stadium, I was there for an exhibition. Very polite and professional staff at the reception, clean room, excellent buffet for breakfast. Easy to reach with the underground, lot of restaurants nearby in the shopping centre.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review following on from your recent stay with us at Hilton London Wembley.

I am thrilled to read that you found us as an excellent hotel and delighted that our location worked well for your visit to Wembley. Your positive feedback I will share with the team.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Hilton when we attended a concert at Wembley Area (which is about 5 steps away from the hotel).

We parked in the 'gold' car park which is very close to the hotel, secure, clean and easy to park. If you stay at the hotel you can park here from the day you arrive to the day you leave for £15 which saves you a lot of money.

The hotel is positioned in between Wembley Arena and Wembley Stadium and could not be in a better location. Behind the hotel there is also a new shopping centre with outlet shops and a huge variety of restaurants inc TGI Fridays, Pizza Express, Wagamamas, Nandos etc

We stayed on the 7th floor in a family room. The room consisted of a huge king size bed and a double pull out sofa bed (which was already made up). The bathroom was lovely with extra touches such as a decent shower curtain, nice toiletries and scales. The room was also equipped with a mini bar (if you activated it) and a huge TV with several channels.

The breakfast was excellent and consisted of porridge, cereal, meats, pastries, fruit and/or a cooked breakfast. The usual juices, tea and coffee was also offered.

We even saw the star from the concert at breakfast the next day!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel especially if you can get a good deal on the price as we did.

Room Tip: An inside facing room will probaly be a little quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton London Wembley during your recent visit to Wembley.

I am really pleased to read that Hilton London Wembley ticked all the right boxes for you and delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable and pleasant one!

Thanks for your positive and detailed feedback which I will indeed share with the team. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.