“Got it in the sale... Fab location for Wembley stadium/arena”

Hilton London Wembley
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
London, United Kingdom
“Got it in the sale... Fab location for Wembley stadium/arena”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. The reception is extremely lovely. The rooms are a very good size and i was impressed. It is a shame the closest parking is the good parking which is rather expensive however for the price we paid for the hotel i cannot fault!

Bathroom, amenities and bed was lovely! Will be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, we very much appreciate your time.

I am delighted that you impressed with our hotel and that you found our rooms good in size.
I have noted your comment regarding the parking charge. The car park is not owned or operated by Hilton London Wembley, we have negotiated a discounted rate of £15.00 for 24hours continuous parking for our hotel guests. I am sorry that you felt the parking was expensive.

Thank you once again and for letting us know you would return. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, England
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst attending a conference at Wembley Stadium. The hotel is right next to the Stadium and so is ideal if attending a function. It is also adjacent to Wembley Arena. It is a 10 minute walk from Wembley Park underground station. The hotel itself is modern and nice enough. I was in a King Executive which gave me access to the Executive lounge which was pleasant enough - a decent supply of drink and canapes, (much better than the Manchester Hilton canapes), from 6pm -8pm or 7-9pm depending on I'm not really sure! My room was nice with appropriately modern furnishings however, the bathroom was dated and old-fashioned looking. Just a bath with a shower attachment rather than a separate shower - also a note in the bathroom apologising for staining on the sink surfaces - apparently they were working to rectify it. The scandalous thing though was charging for wifi. In this day and age it is awful practice to charge anything for wifi - I know they don't advertise wifi as "free" and therefore will justify the charge but blimey £14.99 per 24 hour session is outrageous - Dick Turpin would be proud of them. Wifi is free in the Exec lounge and I think in other communal areas but Starbucks can offer free wifi for the price of cup of coffee and McDonalds bundle it with a hamburger and yet the Hilton cannot for the price of a "King Executive" - they should be ashamed of themselves. I did not use the restaurant so cannot comment on that. The hotel bar was fine. Not really a glowing report - it was all adequate, (checkout was slow as was checkin), other than the wifi issue which as I've said already is disgraceful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review, we really appreciate it. We hope you had an enjoyable and successful time at the conference.

Many thanks for your detailed response. I was delighted to read that you found our hotel modern and I am also really pleased that you enjoyed the canapés in the Executive Lounge!

Thanks for your feedback relating to the bathroom. Hilton London Wembley opened in July 2012, unfortunately since opening we have discovered a defect with this marble across over 80% of the hotel causing stains and marks. We are currently in dispute resolution with the manufacturers of the bathroom pods and hope to have this resolved and all marble tops replaced in the very near future.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent in regards to internet charges. As a Hilton Brand Standard, we offer free wifi in all public areas.

Thank you again for sharing your experience us. We very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Paderborn, Germany
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for the England v Denmark match. The hotel is in a great location to the stadium and we took advantage of the executive lounge which is on the top floor of the hotel. It was great standing outside on the balcony soaking up the atmosphere with a beer. The stuff were very friendly, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Hilton London Wembley.

I am delighted that you found our location to be perfect and you were able to enjoy our Executive Lounge!

I am really pleased that you had a wonderful stay and you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

The team at Hilton London Wembley are delighted to be able to offer you a friendly service and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Cardiff
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed for six nights at the end of February, we had 3 rooms, two corner suites, (798 and 898) and an executive king. All the rooms were lovely, comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed the space in the suites and the separate shower in the bathroom was great. In the executive room you only have a shower over the bath which is not problem but I prefer a separate shower.
With all the rooms we had free breakfast in the executive lounge which was good. On a few mornings we took breakfast in the restaurant and this was good except on one day when the lady cooking the eggs spoke poor English and it was difficult communicating our preferences to her.
We have stayed at the hotel several times before and this time we noticed that the standard of the Executive Lounge had dropped. The Staff were extremely pleasant and as efficient as always but the quality of the drinks and canapés were not as good as they were in the past. We were disappointed to find that the lounge no longer serves 'afternoon tea'. It appeared that the lounge was undergoing a big cost cutting exercise. It was still nice to sit in the lounge and enjoy the views from the top of the hotel.
We ate in the bar and restaurant many times during our stay. The food was very good, definitely above average. On our last night we had a problem in the restaurant because service was quite slow and our food arrived cold. This problem was rectified by the Manager and we were compensated for our disappointment.
The pool was nice and never overcrowded when we visited.
All the Staff at the Hotel are extremely friendly and efficient, especially the two ladies in the Executive Lounge who have worked there since the hotel first opened, they remembered us from our previous stays and did all they could to make our visits to the Lounge enjoyable.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel and I look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley. Thanks for choosing to stay with us when you visit Wembley!

I was very surprised to receive your feedback relating to your experience, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service which you have experienced in the past.

On a positive note, I was pleased to read that you liked the rooms you stayed in and that you also experienced a friendly service delivered by the team.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was modern, clean and luxurious and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Has everything you need in the rooms and the Breakfast is fantastic. I also used the pool (guests just swipe their room key card to access the health club) and found it very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and really pleased that you found the hotel luxurious!

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our gym which offers amazing views of the Wembley Stadium.

Thanks for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

As a seasoned business traveler I had a good chuckle about my trip to the Wembley Hilton. It kicked off with me explaining to the non-English staff that Bill was short for William and therefore that's why they couldn't find my booking for 20 minutes. Then waiting another 20 minutes for the concierge to return to the desk tried my patience just slightly. Add to this the reception staff chose to book me into a disabled room without asking (perhaps I'd annoyed them with the Bill / William thing), these guys get an average from me.

The room was fine apart from this (nothing special) but the food in the restaurant to their credit was very good. £25 for 3 courses and a very good choice.

One of the escalators between floors didn't work for the 2 days I was there so all in all the GM needs a kick up the behind! Perhaps they were on Holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for a Stadium view otherwise you get a wall and that's it!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your experience with us.
I am sorry that the team member did not understand that your name in short was Bill. Please accept my apologies for the confusion which arose which delayed your check in.

Please be advised that we rely on diverse workforce and that we support training wherever possible. I will indeed relay your feedback with our Front of House Team to avoid a similar experience in the future.

Please accept our apologies for the escalators not working during your stay. It was equally frustrating for me as General Manager to have our escalators out of operation. We had “escalated” this matter to our Senior Engineering Team. I am pleased to inform you that the necessary parts were urgently flown in and the escalators are now fully operational again. As an alternative and for our guest’s convenience during the time of your stay, all 4 of our lifts were fully operational which I trust you used instead.

Thank you so much once again for writing this review, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We choose to stay at the Hilton Wembley because it was right next door to the Wembley arena where we were seeing a show. The hotel was just what we wanted, all the staff were polite and very attentive. The room was simple but exactly what we were looking for. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us recently.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.