“Stayed for the first night of 1D”

Hilton London Wembley
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had phoned in advance to book the car parking and was advised what to do which helped.

Check in was nice and smooth very friendly was informed of the Executive Lounge as had not stayed there before.

Excellent friendly service, room was clean. Was unable to empty the bath and no instructions how to pull the plug.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us recently.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer. I am sorry that you couldn’t empty the bath, when you next stay with us please let us know, a team member will show you how to do it.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Separated from the Adjacent Wembley Stadium by a tree lined pedestrian thoroughfare the Hilton Hotel is perfectly located for event stop overs.

I parked in the attached Multistory Public Parking building which was charged at £35 for a 24 hour stay however it's worth noting that the hotel reception will validate your ticket at checkout reducing the cost down to a much more reasonable £12.00.

Breakfast was both hot and cold and of good quality with fresh omelets and fried eggs made to order.

The Living Well fitness centre had both gym and pool with the the gym being equipped with a variety of cardio and resistance machines and free weights. The pool area was clean and housed a steam room.

The rooms were of good size with good decor. The bathroom was also of good size and was clean with plenty of clean white towels. Weighing scales were provided. I stayed in room 657 which faced the inner walls of the hotel so had no view.

The bar prices weren't unreasonable with a pint and a half of lager costing £7.50.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

Many thanks for your feedback about the car parking. The nearest car park to us is the Gold Car Park. The car park is not owned or managed with us, however we have secured a discounted rate for our residential guests at £15 for continuous 24 hour parking.

I am delighted that you found our rooms a good size and sorry that you did have a great view! On your next stay do let the Reception Team know and we will try our very best to allocate a room for you with a lovely view.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had a conference in this hotel and stayed here 2 days. As a gold member I got a room at the Exec floor. The room was spacious and comfortable. Staff at front desk was nice, but it all seems a bit unorganized. Sometimes things take long, are a bit chaotic etc. Good intentions, but it doesn't come out.
F&B really needs attention. For lunch I had a Hilton Burger, which was ok. But the mayonnaise served with the burger clearly had been poured on the small dish a few hours before. There was a dark colored crust over the mayonnaise. The same happened with the french cheese in the Executive Lounge: 2 days in the row it totally was dried out. One other example: at a certain moment the Exec lounge buffet ran out of dishes. After waiting 5 minutes I had to pick someone out of the kitchen who was willing to bring new ones, after he had finished his phone call....And more of these small things happened during my 2 days stay. This shouldn't be the case in a Hilton hotel

Conclusion: Nice rooms, service needs improvement

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley.

I was very surprised to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A few weeks before staying here I had visited the Canary Wharf sister property, and whilst this hotel was fairly nice with big clean rooms, it can't compare to the Canary Wharf one. On the good side the sky bar access from the executive suite was very nice, sadly the actual service in the executive lounge left a lot to be desired with waits for evening snacks, a small selection of drinks and slow clearing of other peoples items. The room itself was pretty nice and I must say that I slept well. The front desk service was quite slow for no clear reason though I did make full use of the fitness centre which was a very nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I was very surprised to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Front of House Manager, Jenny Kallien directly on jenny.kallien@hilton.com. Jenny will be happy to learn more about your experience in more detail.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were warmnly greeted by the reception staff and found out that we have been given an upgrade! Great news. We had a King Executive room with view over Wembley stadium. The room was a good size and had all the things we wanted! The executive lounge is a great place to unwind and there are free drinks and nibbles! There is even a sky terrace with a view over Wembley.

The hotel is located just 20mn from the center of London by tube so the distance is not an issue... and worth it as the hotel is very recent and is near a shopping outlet (for a bit of shopping...or catch a film...)

We'd definately go again!

Room Tip: An executive room with a stadium view is fanatstic!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mikeplewi
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive comments with everyone.

I am really pleased tha you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, standard and team members were all to your complete satisfaction throughout your stay.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time in our Executive Lounge, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Thanks for letting us know that you would return! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Friday and Saturday 31st and 1st June as I was attending both the England football game and the boxing at nearby Wembley stadium and had wanted to treat myself after my recent marathon exploits. I had stayed here before for a concert at Wembley arena and loved the closeness of the hotel to the venue.On the Friday I was greeted with courtesy and politeness and very much enjoyed my stay and everything was fine. On the Saturday however how things had changed. The hotel has a policy of letting in non paying guests to its bars on both the 3rd and 9th floors and subsequently I was refused entry to both bars despite being a guest, as I was informed they were both full. Yes they were full with non paying guests and I decided to try and go outside to find a bar/restaurant but it was absolute chaos around the lift area so much so that I ended pushing three very inebriated people out of the lifts who had shoved their way in hoping to get to the 9th floor, the lft would not move as it was overcrowded and the women in the lift were getting squashed and concerned. I got covered in drink for my efforts and verbally abused in front of my partner which I to be honest wasn't bothered about but my partner was upset and concerned about me.
I have to say I never bothered to complain at the time as the hotel was in absolute chaos with people milling around everywhere and most with drinks in their hands and when I went to check out on the Sunday the queue was ridiculous so I just handed my room card to a staff member and left. I am due to stay here again in December but my partner does not want to go through that again despite my reassurance that it may off been a one off.
The hotel itself is wonderful and its so dissapointing to have to write a review like this as the rooms and facilities are fabulous, but they really do need to address the non staying members access to the lounge and bar areas. It would not be so bad if you were allowed a guest or two in with a wristband so you knew who was legitimately in there but to open it everyone became a farce and will stop me staying again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Most travellers out of London will find that this hotel is located a short walk from wembley park tube station. This gives the hotel great links in to the city, being about 30 mins from most key locations around the centre and east of London. The jubilee line will take you all the way to Canary wharf so great for the business person wanting to stay away from the city.

Finding the hotel can be a little tricky if you don't know the area, I certainly wouldn't want to arrive after dark if I didn't know where I was going!

This area has developed a lot following the the new Wembley construction and the hotel is located right in the heart of a small retail outlet centre at the side of wembley arena.

Note - I REALLY would check if there are any wembley or arena events in when you plan to stay as I would expect it will be manic and busy if there are events taking place.

Once you locate the hotel finding reception is also a little tricky! It's around the side nr where the taxis etc are. You can see reception through the windows but getting in isn't very obvious in my opinion!

Once in... Reception is easy and swift but not very personable compared to other locations I have stated at. As a high level hilton honours member I expected a warmer welcome than that I received.

I had booked an executive room giving me access to the lounge. The lounge has celebs views of wembley stadium and has an outside area to relax in also. Opening hours are approx 0700-2100 but worth checking. Happy hour is 1800-2000 and during this time drinks and snacks are offered free of charge. I hope you like barbecued chicken wings because for my whole stay that was the offering!!!!

The staff in the lounge are very friendly and pleasant and you do have to push them if you want something away from what is display, ketchup for example!

The bed room was large enough and comfortable with the usual hilton offering.

I was up an out too early for lounge breakfast so had to have my food in the main breakfast area. What a joke!

Service is slow, staff appear free to do as they please with no real structure. There was always a long wait to get seated and then coffee was served cold etc. NOT the usual hilton breakfast experience.

Every day there was a fire in the toaster! Chinese guests insisted on putting croissants through the toaster despite the sign requesting you don't... BUT why not put the notice in Chinese so they can understand it???? Simple really isn't it!

The egg chef was friendly and helpful and nothing too much trouble. That was the only good experience I am afraid, F&B manager really needs to experience this poor service and put it right!

There is a gym and wet facilities available, swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Both the sauna and steam can seat 4 persons and any more gets crowded, which is a shame because the gym is used by locals enjoying gym membership so guests are pushed aside a little really.

Overall, book more than 21 days in advance and if you get a decent rate then book. If not a reasonable rate I would go elsewhere given the choice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone, we very much appreciate your time.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms and facilities to be excellent. We are extremely proud of the facilities and product we offer and are always thrilled to know our guests feel the same!

Thanks for sharing your overall experience with us which I will share with the team.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.