“Great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
Bath
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay, clean , friendly and good conference facilities.
Fitness suite clean and well kept. Food very tasty.
Particularly like the sky bar.
Staff well trained even though a fire evacuation.
Allowed to check in early as they had rooms ready even given an upgrade

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us recently.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer. I was really pleased to hear that we were able to give you an upgrade and thanks also for your positive feedback about the staff being well trained.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Arrived late to the hotel after decided to stop and tour around Chinatown ourselves from the tour group. Took the train to the hotel and it is quite a long walk. Hotel room were big, clean and quiet with very good room amenities. Breakfast were good in a spacious restaurant. You can see the Wembley stadium just across from the restaurant. Plus point - have Premium outlets as neighbour for our follow up on shopping even though some outlets were not fully open yet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Escazu, Costa Rica
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Huge hotel, but the service was poor.
The Bar staff were to busy messing around instead of attending to customers. I formally complained and they offered to mend the mess, nothing came of it...
The hotel charges for internet use... All other hotels in the area give you free wifi internet everywhere, they only give free wifi in the lobby and bar. Meaning that you need to fight for space with all the other guests to get some work done. They wanted like 15 a day... I stayed in the Hilton in Glasgow the days before, free internet there... HMMM... Parking... Guests have to pay for that too... You need to sleep 4 in a room? You get a sofa-bed, not confortable at all... Hotel is huge, and the elevators are on one corner of the building, you have to walk a ton to get from one end to the exit...

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators... And with a window to the outside, not the inside...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley.

I was very surprised to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service and attention.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

bjishi
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Gold member. Stayed at this hotel 2 times the past month for 3 nights each. I had prepaid so I returned the second time otherwise I would have switched locations. This is the worst Hilton hotel I have ever stayed in. I will not return to this hotel when in London.

Pros: New Clean Hotel. Pool and work out facility clean. Breakfast has good selection. Breakfast restaurant staff provided very good service.
Close walking distance to underground (subway) station and outlet shopping mall.

Cons:
Checked in, no recognition to Gold status. I had to ask for my perks including the free internet.
Front desk needs more employees. Very long lines at check in. Any time you need help, you will have to wait. The employees are in the back and only one is usually upfront.

I called guest services from the room 3 times during my stay and no one would answer. I had to go down to front desk physically to get help.

Tried to get change for a 10 pound bill but front desk said they don't have 2 5 pound bills!

Executive lounge is the worst I have seen. Poorly stocked. Food items are limited and do not match the amount of people served. The coffee machine was out of order on my second stay.

Suggestion: Provide a queue or line for the front desk so people can be served in the order they lined up.

Room Tip: Ask for room closer to elevators. elevators are secluded and will not bother you in the room. The ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I was shocked and very surprised to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just spent five nights at this hotel while visiting the sights of London. We were very pleased with our choice of hotel. We are a couple in our mid-fifties. It took us exactly six minutes to walk from the hotel to Wembley Park Underground Station, and the Jubilee line took us right into the city in about 20 minutes. Next to the hotel, there is an outlet mall that houses several restaurants and coffee shops. Breakfast at the Hilton offers a wide selection of food from which to choose, and everything tasted good; but like all hotels, it was rather expensive, so we sometimes opted to eat breakfast at one of these before catching the train to the city. The staff at the Hilton were very helpful and friendly. We stayed on the sixth floor overlooking the stadium. The room was a good size ad very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linens and pillows were cozy. There was an ample selection of TV channels available. The shower in the bathroom was great. Our only complaint would be the internet service. We found that we lost internet connection frequently and we were paying for the service. It seems that the hotel might need to broaden its band width to accommodate all the guests who wish to use the internet. However, we felt that we received value for our money and we would definitely stay here again on our next visit to London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to London and delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be friendly and service minded and that we looked after you during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you lost internet connectivity during your stay. I can assure you that it was a one off and we will certainly look into.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom

The title says it all
From the view of the stadium to the service provided
Myself and my work colleagues loved every moment of it and will make sure to be using it again
The bar gets abit noisy but it is reasonable and does not affect others mostly

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer including the views from the hotel!

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked the Hilton for a weekend in London after seeing a discounted rate available, and knowing Wembley is pretty central and easy to get to on the train.

The hotel ticks all the boxes, its close to Wembley Park underground (5-10 mins walk) so easy to get to and right next to the new Wembley shopping and restaurants that have recently been developed. These shops and restaurants give good options if you don't fancy heading into central London.

The room was very good, big comfy bed, TV with sky sports, bathroom with a good shower and decent sized bath, plus an iron/ironing board and the usual coffee/tea facilities.

Other points:

It was quiet with no outside noise, though this may change when there is a big event on in the evening.

The hotel's restaurant was very impressive, it was really quiet when we went but the food was lovely and 2 courses for £20 or 3 for £25 was very good value for the standard on offer. Highly recommended.

Staff were friendly not that we had any problems to report.

If you're heading to Wembley stadium or Arena you won't get any closer, though I expect the rates go up a bit of course!

Conclusion
So in conclusion a lovely hotel in a decent area, well worth booking if you can get a discounted rate or if you just fancy splashing out!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Hilton London Wembley as your home away from home whilst visiting London.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and were able to enjoy our Restaurant. We are very fortunate to be ideally located next to Wembley stadium and Wembley Arena with great links to the City.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to London.