“1ST TIMER”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
California
“1ST TIMER”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We came over from the US and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton recently. The staff were all very pleasant but Allya was amazing, she always went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable.. She was very polite, professional and I have to say extremely efficient at her job and always had a smile on her face, not to mention a great sense of humor. Great hotel and great location and would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller than the USA, Most of the employees there will always say "NO" with a sm...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I was delighted to read your comments regarding Aliyah and how helpful she was delivering service with a smile. We recognise our outstanding team members each month and Aliyah will certainly be rewarded following your feedback.

Thank you for your comments. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Very good Hilton with great rooms, located just a few meters to Wembley stadium, SSE arena and the outlet. It's a brand new Hilton (2012). The cons are the breakfast (variety) and the fact that if you are not Gold or Diamond HH member you don't have complimentary internet or a single bottle of water. The executive lounge closes at 21h what does not make any sense... But apart of this, I believe it's a genuine 4 (plus) star hotel with spacious rooms, where you do not listen to any noise from other guests and as well where you feel safe and you can sleep with comfort!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review online following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you found our location great and rooms spacious. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and recommending us as a place to stay, we very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed here recently for a family gathering to celebrate her 21st birthday. We could not fault it. The room was spacious, comfortable and had a great view of the stadium. The staff could not do enough to ensure our stay was perfect. My special thanks to Daniel, the night manager and Jenni the front of house manager for their attention to detail. We had a great weekend and we are really looking forward to returning on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am thrilled to read that you and your daughter had an excellent stay with us and that you found our team to be extremely helpful. Our team work extremely hard to deliver exceptional service to all our guests, I am delighted you were able to experience this.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to complete this review, we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 9 August 2014

When a person reads the comments on TripAdvisor, would think that he/she is visiting the best hotel in London. However, is far from reality.
I had stayed for one week with them, and had addressed all my issues in a low voice and in a respectful manner. However, there were one after another terrible situations in Hilton Wembley.
My last days experience was the most terrible, I had ordered room-service, and the waiter, named Audrey (or similar)
by mistake double-dialed me, without knowing, and I could here how he was making jokes with the Chef on my account,that "she will swallow it the whole"... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even this is enough, not to talk further how terrible was my stay.
I managed to meet one of the supervisors, who decided to close my mouth by a complimentary glass of wine, and explained that in their property
!!!!!! "all guests complain, in order to get something deducted out of their bills".!!!!!!!!!
I was astonished. My bill was requested to pay in advance by reception, so I explained this hardly can be the reason people to complain for any of the guests. But he insisted. I told him each time i order room service, it is charged at the second before they cook it even, so it is impossible. And if your card does not pass the amount, they ask for cash before cooking...
! ! ! In addition, Few days, earlier I had send a description of my bad experience in the hotel to the Operational Manager work email, however, he did not read it all, as he claimed, and offered to change rooms. Which I understood why appeared, as the supervisor told me as it was seen as another complain to get something for free. ?!!!!!!!
- - - This is disrespectful, and treating your guest as cheap visitors, who just showed up in the lobby to use the Hilton WC.
Whereas, my only desire was to get better service, and options to eat inside the hotel, no to walk around in a search for gluten-free, diary-free meals. If I wanted cheap elementary service, I would stay in the near 3-4* hotels, not in Hilton. If this could be even considered as Hilton Property..

*Rooms: my first view was towards a wall . I managed to change, but a whole floor has this depressing wall view. A guest should be informed upon check-in, Prior payment!

*Housekeeping: it is Hilton so I had expecting nothing but clean, unfortunately my sheets and pillow cover were heavily dirty. Please see the attached pictures.
They did not leave even a sorry message, or a letter after I calmly and kindly asked for housekeeping supervisor to visit me. May be next time I will try shouting, and at least I would be able to get a "go to h***" note. This eventually will leave a Feeling of personal treat, when one was personally entitled to dirt!

* transport - 10 mins walk to the tube.

* Restaurant - it was very confusing, which is open when, because the information in the elevator, and in the rooms menu was different. May be they currently had changed.

** If you have specific dietary needs, like gluten or diary-free, forget to eat inside except the window between 17,30 to 22h. But better do not go any near employees.
All the other time is sandwiches only served.
- you might say 4 times "no gluten - no bread, no chips, no rice, just salad instead", by still you will get plenty of it, and at the end you ask yourself why did you eat inside when a cheap place outside would have been the same? Even I went to Front Desk to ask them to put gluten-free and diary free not in my customer profile, but it was a waste of time.
However, to be fear:

* Front Office staff- Kind, educated, well-trained, beautiful mannered people.

* Air conditioning-? making worried biases during the night like an old bell ring in. They fixed it the next day, but who cared that a whole night I had lack of sleep?

* I had more bad experiences, but I am skipping, due to my stay was on a "friendly rate", so may be this was the reason to be treated as a trash during my whole week there.

Conclusion:
In general, I will NOT repeat my stay there Ever. The amazing FO staff really can make a difference, but still when you been made joke of some stuff .... never would be able to swallow it :).
* Also, Check your sheets, before opening your luggage. They might be surprisingly dirty.
And definitely eat outside.
+ It is a pity, because they have some brilliant employees as Ms. Iris Becker, who managed to keep me calm the first day. Very adequate treatment from her, which saved the day. Other very well and adequate people there are Daniele, Judith and Jenny, and the FO team in general, besides them all the others have not even heard of a 5 star service.

Room Tip: above 6 floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GalenaG
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley. I am sorry that you have had the need to place this review on Trip Advisor.

I was very surprised and sorry to receive your feedback which certainly is not reflective of our normally high levels of service. I was aware that you had experienced difficulties during your stay at the time, Russell Markou, our Director of Operations had briefed me and mentioned that he had the opportunity to speak extensively with you during your stay, regarding the problems you encountered. I believe he also tried to resolve and make it right before you departed from the hotel.

Having said that, it is clear that you are still dissatisfied with the hotel’s response and for that I am very sorry. I would be delighted to talk further with you. If that would be agreeable, I would be most grateful if you could contact my PA, priti.sachdev@hilton.com providing her with your telephone number so that I may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in further detail.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Fantastic hotel I cannot say enough about this hotel and the experience of our stay. Great location right next to the Wembley arena and stadium. Staff were excellent as was the room we stayed in a King executive with lounge access, would certainly recommend. Free drink and snacks between 6-8. But soft drinks and coffee available all day till late. The lounge access also includes the breakfast next day so for the cost of £30 is well worth the expense. The bed is to die for its one of the few places I've been its more comfortable than my own at home! Enjoy you wont be disappointed if you choose to stay here. Close links to the tube means you can also go into London. Shopping centre and resturants 100yards from hotel nice area! Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Hilton London Wembley. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and were able to enjoy our Executive Lounge. We are very fortunate to be ideally located next to Wembley stadium with great links to the City.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to London.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 7 August 2014

stayed there as a couple, could not sleep at all, there was a party on the top floor,lasted till 3 o'clock minimum, BUT despite numerous conversations with reception and asking them to make the music less loud (was extremely loud even though there was a few floors between the roof and us), the stuff did not make any attempt to help us. Nothing was done even after we said we will call the police!
at check-out the manager did not offer us any discount, after a long dispute and complains only a symbolic discount was made.
the hotel management is aware of the parties planned, so why do they give people rooms close to the party???? very bad planning

Room Tip: not a good place to stay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley.

I was very surprised to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact our Director of Operations directly on Russell.markou@hilton.com

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had lots of activities planned for this four day break and wanted a hotel that was near to the tube stations, a quiet location, modern, clean with some local amenities and the car to be left in a secure place. We found all of these with this hotel. The staff were friendly, most helpful and very pleasant. The hotel and communal areas especially the swimming pool and changing rooms were very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton-Wembley, General Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us recently and for choosing to stay with us to celebrate both your daughters special birthdays.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful location had to offer.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Wembley in the not too distant future.