“Best Dhosas!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Saravanaa Bhavan
Ranked #30 of 173 Restaurants in Wembley
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Best Dhosas!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love my occasional Dhosa fix and in London theres no better place than Saravana Bhavan!! Theres a reason they are globally known! Keep up the good food!

P-S - Love your chilli paneer as well!! :D

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food - staff quality poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a review for both these places - there is one in Eastham and one in Rayner's Lane.
Food is good-however the staff are ill trained and people simply do not realize (customers included) that there is something called a queue.
Waited to be led to a table last week at Eastham. Waited 10 minutes to be ignored. In walk a couple and a member of staff promptly crosses the counter. Was I invisible?
Ordered a thali (an entire dinner dish in one go) - and asked for a replacement "poori" - and the Matre'D retorted back - "You will have to pay for it "Sar"" - not the spelling of "Sir" as pronounced as "Sar" - and the arrogance the fellow had - this at Eastham.
To be honest, the food is good. The staff leave much to be desired but that is the typical Sarvanaa Bhavan standard I feel - could not care less about customers as long as them come and pay.
Would I recommend - not really - your clothes smell of spice once out and that is an indication it is poorly ventilated.
Would I go again - not alone - my blood pressure does tend to rise seeing staff work in England purely without learning any manners !!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shripadsathe
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Quite superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here 4 times over the last couple of years and have never been disappointed. Everything we have eaten has been exciting, vibrant and incredibly fully flavoured. The service has always been excellent, and the Thalis are wonderful. I have thrown myself at the mercy of the staff every time, and they have repeatedly guided me through the extensive menu and advised me what to have each time. The restaurant is always busy, and has a family buzz to it which suits my colleagues and I, but maybe not a couple looking for a romantic candlelit table for two. I would rate the value as very good. Remember though, strict vegetarianism and no alcohol. It's on our re visit list.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“tasty, yummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was missing indian food sooo much.and one of my friend suggested this place.
Food was soo tasty south indian food and punjabi food is best.we tried one subzi with paneer, besides limited quantity, but best quality, people who love oily and spicy food must try this restaurant..
And falooda was excellent I never had before.

• Visited May 2014
New Delhi, India
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went for lunch all petty indian items available.May be South Indian,paav bhaji,chaat,Chhole bhature,thali,you just name it.Stick kulfi,floods were very good.fully crowded just feel you are in India

• Visited June 2014