“Shockingly poor”

The Green Man Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Arrived here on a business trip. To be far I had just booked the cheapest hotel I found (won't be doing that again). Bathroom tired but ok. Room had a single and a double bed. Double collapsed when I sat on it (I'm only 11 stone!). Went downstairs for a couple of beers and some food. Fairly standard pub grub. When back upstairs, tried to close curtains to find I only had 1. No TV, so decided to read. Put desk lamp on to find it had a red bulb. Not sure if this was advertising the rooms former role so went to bed.

When I woke up I had alot of trouble finding anyone about to leave the key with. Eventy phoned someone (and woke them up) who directed me to a box to put it in.

A bit like faulty towers, possibly character building.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank SimonRobinson56

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My friend and I used this as a base for just one nights stay in London before a charity walk. Before we arrived we were a little dubious as something so low cost in the London area usually means horrible surprises, so we weren't expecting much! YES - the corridors and rooms need updating and look extremely unloved and dated, BUT the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the staff were welcoming. I'm sure that if they gave the place a damn good lick of paint they could easily charge 50% to 100% more a night.

The food is reasonably priced and is good quality pub grub.

If you're heading to the Wembley area and need a stop over for a night or two - I'm sure you could do much, much worse!

Reviewed 13 July 2011

This pub has lovely friendly, hospitable staff.
It's 5 mins walk from wembly stadium. 15/20 mins walk from wembley stadium tube and less than a fiver in a taxi...so the location is fab.
Yes, there are areas of the pub that are desperately in need of redecorating but the bedsheets and towels were clean, and the shower worked well.
The food was good, average pub food.
For a onenight stay after a gig/event at wembley stadium this place makes an ideal place to retreat to for a good booze.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Great value for money so close to Wembley stadium - 5 mins. 15 mins walk from Wembley Central station. room was dated but clean, nice white cotton sheets, huge room, and separate bathroom, good shower. Hallway, stairs and corridor desperately in need of decoration but price reflects this. Pub was great very friendly staff and the food was excellent with a lovely beer garden. will be back if going to another event at Wembley - ideal for one night stay. dated rooms and shabby hall outweighed by the location to Wembley and friendly staff!

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I paid £109 for a twin room as we were going to Take That concert. Yes its really close to the stadium and we had a half decent meal BUt the hotel is so shabby and dirty paper peeling off all the walls and the room was a pit We got a double instead of a twin and the bed was about 6" from the floor it looked like a squat ! the bathroom was so disgusting I washed with wet wipes and I wont talk about the toilet. The tea and cofee facilities were filthy and the complimetary biscuits out of date the towel rail feel off the wall light fittings were hanging off and paint was peeling off everything I honestly would not let a dog stay here. I will say the staff are very friendly in the bar and I did get a full refund as we decided not to stay so no complaints about the people running it. I knwo its london and close to the stadium but £109 ???? Nooo way We drove home instead

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank dalaney
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We booked this hotel in January in time for the Take That gig at Wembley (not the most celubrious of areas of London). We booked 2 family rooms (3 to a room) but when we arrived the owner told us the previous manager had held a grudge and messed up the bookings. We were given two twin rooms and the owner had to put 2 of us in a nearby B&B (almost as bad as the Green Man). As other reviews have said, peeling wallpaper, threadbare carpet, old furniture, musty smells, old curtains, NO HOT WATER. Granted, the sheets were clean but that was all. One room was above the bar and 2 of our party were still awake at 2 a.m. due to the noise.

We had to make the most of it as there were no other hotel rooms to be had and ended up laughing about it.

The outside was untidy with litter all around and overflowing bins, which was a shame as it could be a lovely beer garden.

On the positive side, the bar was nice enough and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The owner was apologetic and gave us 50% off the bill.

Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else. Like a tent.......

2  Thank Lesley136
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We still tell people about our stay here - usually prefixed with 'well the worst hotel room we have ever stayed in was...'

Actually when we got there they couldn't find out booking - now normally that would have driven me crazy but not this time, I was almost quite relived until they said they had found it.
I should have known as we climbed the dirty stairs with the wall paper hanging off - the bedroom was two singles, not too bad but the image that we both still remember is the very dirty hand prints on the wall just above the bed.... We stayed as we were going to a concert at Wembley and it was convenient. Pub is actually ok - have eaten at the pub a few times and its fine - I would just never stay there again. Ok the Hilton and the like are so much more expensive but....

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Pusscatio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wembley
Ibis London Wembley
#3 of 12 in Wembley
Novotel London Wembley
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Best Western Plus London Wembley Hotel

Been to The Green Man Hotel? Share your experiences!