“Close to Wembley, nothing else good to say”

The Green Man Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very close to wembley stadium, the bar food is generally ok, otherwise, a complete disaster. Wallpaper peeling off, mould on the ceilings, uncomfy beds, filthy all round. Fire alarm goes off at 6 am. No staff on site, fleas in my room, electrical joints in the shower, do not use signs on plug sockets, broken lights, torn curtains. The place is disgusting, it looks and feels like a squat, and not even a nice one.

Very cheap and still not worth the money, stay well away, as far as possible, I dare anyone to stay

14  Thank dazleeds0

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Having planned a weekend in London to watch the Community Shield For Man United against Wigan at Wembley we saw this hotel at a decent price right on the doorstep for Wembley.
We arrived at the hotel on Saturday lunch to be told what rooms we was in. We had booked 2 rooms as there was a group of us .
The bar area and the pub itself seemed quite clean and tidy so we had quite good expectations about the rooms only to be let down very quickly upon gettin to our room. I really am struggling to find words to describe how disgusting this place is especially as what i could only describe as an air conditioning system lol by that i mean a 2 inch gap at the side of the window over the bath . Anyway i could write a book on what was wrong with the room but i won't. All i will say is avoid like the plague

7  Thank lstringy2010
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here with my sons on 4/8/13 , ok so the decoration is a bit rough but the room was clean ,and how can you complain £16.33 per person for the night with a days parking thrown in . If your not fussy and are going to wembley why not. I have stayed in worse places

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Where to start...I was born in wembley and have been to the green man since a child, however since my last visit (1 year ago) this place has gone down hill big time! Staff are rude! Management r rude! Pub is disgusting (normally u bear bits and pieces in pubs as they ain't the cleanest place anyways) the management just mentioned to the kids parents your kids are ruining my garden (as he walked past heading outside) then started shouting at the kids making them cry (even tho the parents were on they way out to stop them) the guy soon cleared the garden, everyone left, after all a pub garden in this weather u expect kids to be running around, the sofa in the garden was broken on one side, the tv in the bar had a random extension lead hanging in the middle of the walk way, mens toilet was awful. wee all over the floor no soap in the dispenser, the bar man was heard calling one off the kids a "brat" and when the father confronted him he just ignored him and walked off, even tho their was 4 family's in that group that had been their all afternoon spending money they get treated like that. We had food, which was vile! Didn't even eat it! Wouldn't have given it to my dog lol. Wouldn't go back, Like to hear more views.

15  Thank Dervv
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you're into cleanliness, don't bother. There's wallpaper hanging off walls, cracks in walls, all that jazz, the place really needs renovating. Other than that, the beds are okay, the people are nice, there's free wifi, once you get it working, there's clean towels every day, all the usual. If you're short on money but prefer a hotel over a hostel, this is a good place to go, provided you're not too picky. I thought the place was fine and I spent a week there. It was very hot though in summer, with no air conditioning, though I'm sure most places were hot. There was a heat wave after all. Keep in mind though that if you don't leave before 11 am or so, they might not clean your room. The house keeper leaves early. They do however leave fresh towels in front of your door. It's not perfect service, but it'll do. Also, it's on top of a hill and about a mile away from the Underground. Prepare to walk a bit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JaneMadelyne
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Well, seriously, this is THE worst I've stayed in...Ever. Renovation wouldn't do anything for this place! The wallpaper is literally hanging off, it stinks, there are flies all through the corridors. The rooms.... Well, the beds are the cheapest most uncomfortable things imaginable, the springs are poking through! The duvets are all ripped, the bed bases are soiled and stained (see my pics) you just feel as though your being crawled on! The curtains are all ripped, there are marks on the wall where we had to question if its poo! Its greasy and dusty! The bathrooms are full of mould, the shower is powerful although ours faces the wrong way and is broken so you just had to hold it over you, I half expected the water to come out brown! The floor boards are all creaky, the wash basins are full of cracks, my husband, daughter and nephew slipped on the bathroom floor whilst getting out of the shower, good job i didn't as I'm 6months pregnant, we've not seen management once to tell them! On the fire escape there is a mouldy kebab that's probably been there for along time! (Again see my pics). on check out, again, nobody to be seen, had to drop key through a box, realised fire escape door and side entrance door had been wide open all night, straight open access to our rooms where the kids were!!! Location is walking distance to Wembley which was good. I just don't understand how this place could stay open?? I walked in and almost cried, I went across from Wembley stadium to the premier inn and to the ibis to ask if there are any spare rooms but they were fully booked! I seriously dare anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013
17  Thank lisa b
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Green Man Hotel...where do I begin!?
If I could rate this establishment a 0/5 believe me I would!
This sickening place reminds me of a scene from the 2006 horror film 'Silent Hill'. First impressions were of an extremely run down place. The garden area was poorly maintained with broken furniture and a derelict tent which was falling to pieces.
We were given the key to our cest pit and had to navigate our way through a dark maze of stairs and corridors.
When we entered the room we were overwhelmed with the stale stench of the room and our eyes were immediately drawn to a large hole in the wall (How does that even happen!?).
There were urine, blood and vomit stains all over the walls (Is it really that difficult to scrub the walls and give them a lick of paint!?).
The chest of drawers had knobs that did not match and two of them didn't even have bottoms to them (Extremely useful for storing clothes Green Man!).
The curtains did not cover the full width of the window which meant sun blaring through the windows at 4am every morning.
The bath had cracks in the bottom and was very poor. You had approximately 5 minutes of warm water, once that is used up you are inevitably screwed for what seems like a couple of hours.
The plug sockets in the room were extremely disproportionate. Do we really need three next to the bed!? Surely this is a safety hazard for children?
The beds were awful, it felt like a spring was being impaled through my spine.
The kettle must have recently been replaced and the management have decided to leave the old base hanging from the table (Pure laziness!).
To conclude this review I would like to share some quotes with you from my friends that joined me on this trip...
"This place is unfit for human occupation"
"Why are we in this cest pit of disgusting proportions?"
"Such a horrible place...I genuinely do not want to be here!"
"Fortunately we don't have to be here that much"
"Such unnecessary disproportionate plug placement"

This place is so disgusting it would shave years off your life.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank effex74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wembley
Ibis London Wembley
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Travelodge Wembley
Travelodge Wembley
#463 of 1,077 in London

Been to The Green Man Hotel? Share your experiences!