“Terrible Experience with the hotel and Eviivo website”
Review of Rising Sun Hotel

Rising Sun Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Wembley B&B and Inns
UK
“Terrible Experience with the hotel and Eviivo website”
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Booked a room to stay here via Eviivo, who were equally as awful as the hotel itself. I made the booking on the Tuesday afternoon for that evening. Turned up at the hotel, which is a pub with rooms above it, fair enough. Walked into the bar to be greeted by the site of a female slumped up against the toilet door, completely drunk beyond all control of herself. She was being sick down herself and unable to move herself. The bar staff remedied this by.... picking her up and dragging her outside, leaving her there. Nice.

Anyway, I was stuck so decided to go ahead with my stay. Or so I thought. Went to check in, the owner informed me (whilst laughing) that he hadn't received my booking and that they were full. "But I booked my room not three hours ago" I protested. He blamed Eviivo, saying he'd told them to take the vacancy off the website. Eviivo deny all knowledge of this.

I was offered a room at another hotel, which would have involved me carrying my luggage half way across London, via two exchanges of tube lines. And I would have had to pay for the privelige myself. Seeing as I also specifically booked the hotel as it was within a 5 minute walk of where I was working the next day, I declined.

I complained to Eviivo, who basically told me that they were merely an advertising media for the hotels and that it was nothing to do with them. I should take it up with the hotel owner.

Nice. I was stuck without anywhere to stay for the night.

Oh, and my debit card had been debited about £2.50, which turned out to be along the lines of a booking fee for Eviivo. Asked them for the money back, they said that it was up to the hotel to refund me, as they'd offered their part of the service in good faith. Called up the hotel owner, he sent me back to Eviivo, Back to them with several emails and phone calls (which took a lot of chasing - they were very unresponsive), I did not receive any refund. Clearly the £2.50 is more of a principle thing for me, but neither the website or the hotel took responsibility.

Needless to say, I have never used either the website or the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
61 Thank chriswales
, Manager at Rising Sun Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2017
Hi Chris,
We're very sorry that you had such an experience and would like to apologise that we could not accommodate you.
However, eviivo are correct that they simply provide a booking and payment technology to us and so any issues you experienced would need to be dealt with by our staff, and not eviivo who have no control over our accounts and were absolutely not at fault in this situation.
Thanks
Yoges

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Liverpool
Reviewed 22 June 2007

The fact that this hotel isn't listed on many hotel search engines should really have told me all that i needed to know before i booked my stay.

The newly opened Wembley Stadium (which is stated as being 10 minutes walk away on the hotel's website) had my favourite band, Muse, playing there and so i needed a cheap and affordable place to stay for the night which this event was taking place. Rooms from £40, and listed as being only 1.8 miles away from the Stadium, i thought The Rising Sun Hotel would be perfect. Oh how wrong i was.

From the moment i arrived, the problems began. Getting to the hotel in the first place was hard enough, with black cabs not existing in Wembley and so i had to take the bus and somehow managed to find the hotel. I was "greeted" by the hotel manager and straight away i feared the worst. He seemed to be asking me if i'd brought a printed out copy of my booking form, which was not a stated requirement on their website. I told him i had my reference number, which should have cleared all the problems up. However, this was not the case.

It seems as though the hotel manager only makes a record on a paper based system (a diary) as to whose checking in and when. Our names were not down despite already paying for a double room online and contacting the hotel manager a day before we arrived! In the midst of this confusion, the hotel manager inpolitely broke away from the debate and went back to pouring drinks for customers for a full ten minutes before returning and trying to resolve the matter. There was a huge linguistic difficulty in trying to describe the situation as the hotel manager does not speak fluent english; in fact i'm not sure he speaks much english at all.

Eventually my sister and i were granted a room, but with one bed. We had booked a double room, yet we had been allocated a room with one bed and not much else in there. On the hotel's website the claim was that the rooms "had been refurbished to a high standard". This couldn't be further from the truth, as the bed was unmade when we arrived, there was no kettle, the shower was broke and there was the most horrendous smell of wet paint. The hair-dryer did not work, the T.V arial was broke and the level of friendliness in general offered by locals at the hotel was appauling.

We were also never informed of what time breakfast was served at, but i didn't even want to ask as i felt that from my first impressions of the place, cooking a meal would have been asking a bit too much. Upon checking out, the morning after the concert, (which by the way made up for all of the inconveniences) the hotel manager asked us if we would like to book a room! I simply left the key on the counter and that was the last we saw of him.

Overall, i don't think that a hotel could have offered worse service if they tried and the only reason i've rated my stay at 1/5 is because the option of 0 was not present. Do yourself a favour and do not enquire about vacancies at this hotel.

• Liked — The fact that it was close to a train station so it made escaping easy
  • Disliked — Evrything detailed in my review, but mostly the level of service (or more accurately incompitence)
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
18 Thank Absolution_Syndrome

Travellers are raving about these Wembley hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wembley
Hilton London Wembley
Novotel London Wembley
The Green Man Hotel
The Green Man Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wembley

Been to Rising Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!