“Great Food, authentic feel.”
Review of Starvin' Marvin's - CLOSED

Starvin' Marvin's
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food, authentic feel.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have used this place on and off for years - went there yesterday with 3 adults and four kids between 10 and 14. The service was really great, the guy was a yank and attentive and relaxed. The food was top notch - and I do know what I'm talking about! I will be back soon - a great place to stop after making your way out of that London! We all loved it.

• Visited August 2014

“Dirty place burger king is better”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible we ordered our food waited over 1 hour for it, it arrived cold and overcooked, all in all I would not recommend people to go here all the staff are miserable and just rude food is all fried and manky I would recommend 5 guys in Uxbridge if your looking for an authentic american burger.

2 Thank Amandeep S
“Filthy and stomach churning !!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The state of the car park should have been a warning to turn around and leave - fast!!! Unfortunately we didn't. What a filthy dive..... Grease on the chairs, floors sticky with filth, blind pulls black with years of grime. A very nasty odour hanging in the air. Again should have left but as I'd been there years ago and enjoyed it I thought I'd give it a go. Big mistake. We both ordered the "American" cheese burger and curly fries, as soon as it turned up I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant. At BEST the burger tasted like something disgusting that you'd get served from a kebab van, cheap, nasty, offensive excuse for meat. Vile. The chips were semi edible but clearly frozen and bought back to life in the (filthy) deep fat fryers they have on show. Poor service, our dirty glasses were never cleared even when new drinks arrived. All in all an expensive experience that I never wish to relive, in fact thinking about that burger makes me feel dirty and sick. Totally appalling. Please read this and don't make the same mistake! DO NOT GO!!!!

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank MelanieFS
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bad Service&Dirty!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Popped in for milkshakes as thought the concept of a 50's diner was appealing but was sadly mistaken! Wasn't greeted on entry/exit, service was slow (despite only 3 other tables being occupied) and waitresses were chatting amongst themselves. Place was dirty and the floor needed a scrub, dead flies in the bottom of the neon picture I was sat next to. Oreo milkshake tasty but coke float the ice-cream was too cold and had huge chunks of ice in. Oh and I saw one of the girls playing with her waist length hair then handle the food (no gloves/hair nets). Don't go unless you want a grubby experience!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Good food & service, quirky place!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

9 of us nipped in and was pleasantly surprised. Quirky and a bit different inside. "American diner". Very friendly welcome and excellent service. Relaxed atmosphere. Food good. Enjoyed our steak and strawberry pudding. Good evening had by all. Parking bit tricky but guess if you plan shouldn't be a problem.

• Visited June 2014