“The best Bhajia in London”

Maru's Bhajia House
Ranked #39 of 177 Restaurants in Wembley
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The best Bhajia in London”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Having tasted bhajia from around the World, I must say that this is THE best bhajia I have tasted outside of India. Having said that, it is rather expensive for what it is and the place is so popular that you can wait up to an hour for your order. When I was there customers were getting upset because they had been waiting so long for their food ! ! ! I was having a takeaway but still had to wait 45 mins ! ! ! SHOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU RING BEFOREHAND WITH YOUR ORDER.

• Visited March 2014

London
“Not great about it”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

It was a ok type of experience. If its a bhaija house. 9/10 people were not having bhajia. I guess its time for them to update new menu. Done and dusted with the menu for long time. M bored now

1 Thank SaurabhSal
United Kingdom
“Crunchy Hot and Fresh”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went here a few weeks back and there was a queue running outside the door. We thought we should wait and it was well worth it. The service is a bit disorganised and I don't know if the waitresses communicate with each other in regards to people waiting or having their orders taken. This was the only downside. The restaurant is very small but the bhajia are amazing. They have a crunchy, generous coating of batter with different herbs which makes this an ideal tea-time snack. I would suggest that they concentrate on a meeter-greeter and lets the waitresses concentrate on turning over tables etc. The food is priced very well, but get ready to fork out for parking if you park on Ealing Road.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank lifeoffood
“Average bordering poor”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

No parking anywhere in the area. Tables clean. Plenty of soft drinks to choose from. Bhajiya themselves average my wife and mum can make better. Chutney and sauces utterly waste of time. Don't believe the hype

Visited December 2013
3 Thank pardesi_Ashiq
London, United Kingdom
“Often intimated, never bettered”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

One of the Ealing Road originals, this place was highly recommended by every one of my Indian friends who told me of its reputation as THE place for authentic East African-Indian eating in London.

After trying the potato bhajia once, I can’t get enough. Those perfectly fried potato slices sprinkled with herbs and spices and topped with a chutney packed with flavour and heat are so good it’s no surprise they queues stretch out of the shop on one particular busy Saturday afternoon visit.

Since trying Maru’s I have ordered bhajia at a number of other restaurants around London and there really is no comparison – the often greasy batter mix overpowering all the other flavours and drowned in spicy but tasteless chutney.I guess I should have just listened to my mates and stuck with the original!

• Visited July 2013