“Best Sunday Roast in the area!”
Review of The Chiverton Arms

The Chiverton Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blackwater
The Chiverton Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Blackwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have been going to the Chivvy for over. UeR now, and it remains the best quality and value for money Sunday roast in the area!
Today, I took a friend of mine who also lives locally but hd never been and she was more than complimentary about her Sunday lunch - best she'd had next to doing one at home!

You get really great quality meat, loads of veg and extra gravy if asked for. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, a live pianist just adds to it and all in all, what more could one ask for on a Sunday! Can't wait till next time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having driven past this place over long periods of time and seeing it go from open to closed and boarded up, I'd never given it a second thought or ventured inside. That is until I passed recently on a visit to my homeland of Cornwall with a friend and found it alive and well. Desperate for a meal we ventured inside having turned the car around and headed back. We were very pleasantly surprised with the light lunches we enjoyed: cooked and prepared splendidly well and in a different league to the ready-prepared stuff you get elsewhere. This was undoubtedly good, solid yet crafted-with-care food, pleasing to the eye and tastebuds and ample portions too. I was so impressed I visited twice more on my visit, with another friend for lunch and on the Sunday for the roast: all of which were beyond compare and I can honestly say the best pub roast I've ever had. Spot on!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

After a long day and a missed lunch my three friends and I were treated to culinary treat for dinner at this friendly hostelry just off the A30 (set well away from the road you can forget you are just 30 seconds from the main Cornish trunk road). A generous portion of whitebait and a tender steak defeated my ravenous appetite and left my taste buds surrendering to the rich and flavoursome meal. Friendly, spacious, comfortable and well cleaned - a lovely place to be.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 1 January 2014

December 27th where to go for lunch? One of our group suggested Chiverton Arms. Hadn't been in there for 20 years or so. I was impressed.
Our waiter was excellent both in terms of his knowledge of the food and the beers. The food is not 'fast' but all 4 in our group w ere happy with our
Choices. The dining area is well thought out and a special mention for the toilets, both ladies and gents were immaculate. On leaving we saw that there was accommodation. Only 3-4 miles from the coast, good food, beer and a bed. Sounds good to me.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

What a poor excuse for a Sunday roast that was served to us tonight. Where else would you go and not be served sage and onion stuffing with roast pork!!! We were also given a very poor and small selection of basic vegetables for two of us but were charged £9.50 each. Not value for money in our book. Full marks though to the lad who was serving and running the bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

What started off as a good evening very quickly went down hill. We arrived early only to find certain dishes were off the menu! Main courses arrived, the fish had to be sent back as it was not cooked properly, a new piece arrived only to find exactly the same problem. Steak and ale pie had no taste, obviously taken from the freezer and microwaved. The next table to us also sent several dishes back and ended up with bacon egg and chips. The poor waiter was having a mental break down.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great location just off the A30 in central southern Cornwall making easy day trips to either coast and the end of the Cornish peninsular and all the noted beach areas along both coast's.It is also very convenient for many of the cathedral cities and old mining areas that we wanted to see.The
accommodations are very clean and comfortable and the dining room offers typical pub fare which was very good.There is a childrens outside play area which our 7 year old grandson really enjoyed. The staff are terrific and on my wifes birthday, they went out of their way to make it a special day

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Been to The Chiverton Arms? Share your experiences!