“Museum interesting.”
Review of Smugglers Museum

Smugglers Museum
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Bolventor
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The museum itself, although small, had a lot of information to look at and read. Not much for younger children. The gift shop was excellently stocked and reasonably priced. My only criticism is of the staff. The lady on the entrance barely spoke, didn't make us feel welcome, and was verging on very rude. Looking at other reviews this seems to be normal, but what a shame for a beautiful building, full of history and in a lovely area of England. Du Maurier would be so disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Smugglers Museum

Reviewed 27 July 2014

An interesting place-lots about Daphne Du Maurier which I wasn't expecting and lots of artefacts to do with smuggling which are well labelled and interesting and we did learn a lot especially about how to smuggle goods in all sorts of everyday items!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I'm glad I've been but will not go again, I was impressed but a little disappointed too, I thought there would be more spooky facts about smugglers

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We loved the museum in the Jamaica Inn. In particular, the various methods of smuggling used throughout the ages. We particularly enjoyed the part of the museum dedicated to Daphne du Murier, including items of furniture purchased at auction after her death.
Certainly worth a visit.

1  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

In the Dark, I didn't want to be in there, in the daylight a great look back at the history of the Jamaica Inn.

1  Thank Phil B