“Clean and Tidy”

Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Boscastle
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Visited recently with family. Only stopped for a light mid morning cup of coffee etc. The first thing about this B&B cafe is that all of the staff are so polite and helpful.

Secondly, the inside and outside are always clean and tidy, when visitors leave the empties are normally cleared within a couple of minutes, there is no litter on the floor and the cafe always looks smart even in the poorest of weather conditions.

I had a latte, nice and smooth and one of the biggest toasted teacakes I have ever seen and with it I got a nice sized pot of butter, not one of these terrible butter portions which barely covers a third of one half of your teacake, also there was plenty of fruit otherwise it would be a breadcake. My wife had a piece of hazelnut sponge cake which she said was light and moist with plenty of flavour, she also had a black coffee which was really tasty. My mother in law had a cappuchino, also very good and a very light scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam.

The main meals (those that we saw other people eating) all looked good and from the comments they were enjoyed. There is also seating indoors which looked very cosy, the cafe also has B&B but I cannot comment on this as I have not stayed here.

All in all well worth a stop for a cuppa.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

we popped in after a ramble around the harbour and town. looks cute from the outside. the pasty I had was superb and scones were of a good texture ( as my 8 year old son says) the boys had home made chips with their food that were tasty....so good to see somewhere that doesn't open a bag of frozen ones! Owner was friendly and does most of the baking himself!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Visited for afternoon tea, we were slightly put off by the smell of old cooking oil on entering but chose to sit in the right hand dining room as far away from the smell as possible, cream Tea was acceptable as was the carrot cake, but my tip would be to improve ventilation and change those awful energy saving lightbulbs to something more in keeping with the light fitting and also the upstairs loo, really does need updating.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Truly excellent cream tea. Light scones, wonderful jam and gorgeous clotted cream. Perfect combination. The service was friendly, premises very clean. Go here for your tea early. By 4pm most fruit scones had gone. 2 scones, clotted cream, fab' jam and a pot of lovely tea £4.75. Amazing.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I am local to boscastle and work in the village, I visited The Bridgehouse with my boyfriend on a sunny September afternoon, friendly welcome, great outside seating and inside too. My other half has always recommended the coffee and cream Teas, so we came here and we had a latte and a cappuccino, both really good, and the scones were lovely, nice jam too not the usual basic jam you find in most places.
Stsff extremely friendly
Would like to try their food sometime!
highly recommend!