I had booked 2 rooms at this B&B some 3 months before our arrival there last month. Unfortunately the couple that were holidaying with my husband & myself had to return home due to a family crisis the day before the Cornwall part of our trip. Heather was notified immediately that one of the rooms would not be required. She asked that we do the cancellation through Booking.Com (whom we had booked with). Despite confirming via email with Booking.Com that only one room was to be cancelled plus Heathers daughter confirming this also, by phone, on the day of our arrival that that was the case we were disappointed to find that both rooms had been cancelled when we did arrive. Although our room, Crows Nest was already occupied we were offered "William" or "Forrabury Heights" for our 3 night stay by a member of staff who had dicussed this with Heather. With "William" being the larger of the 2 rooms we opted for that one. We unpacked and got settled. The room was clean and well presented & staff member, Leah, was delightful. However shortly after unpacking, Heather informed my husband that we could only stay in "William" for 2 nights and we would have to move into "Forrabury Height" for our third night as they had accepted a booking for "William" for that night. Although I accept that Booking.Com were responsible for mistakenly cancelling the 2 rooms it was Heathers handling of the situation which disappointed us. Surely we should have been allowed to stay the third night in "William" and the other couple who stayed just one night, be put in "Forrabury Heights". Upon checking out after our 3 night stay we told Heather that we were disappointed with the way the situation was handled but she would only blame Booking.Com for everything & she believed she had handled the situation well. I would not stay here again because of Heathers attitude but on the plus side the B&B was clean, comfortable and lovely breakfasts. However Heather seems to think that you need no more than 6 ice cubes to chill an unchilled bottle of white wine as she refused us more when we asked but we later found that for £1.20 we bought a bag of ice cubes in the local Spar & stored them in the B&B's freezer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lovely 200 year old building is situated within a ten minute walk through quaint cottages to the famous Elizabethan harbour. Boscastle is situated on the glorious coastline of North Cornwall and offers guests an unrivaled base to explore the very beautiful scenery and places of interest. Every bedroom is en-suite and each one is decorated individually with white linen, colour coordinated accessories and the mattresses are of the best quality. Our lounge is spacious with deep leather sofas and chairs in which to relax. Breakfast - We pride ourselves in serving delicious choices from our extensive menu offering either full English breakfast or a lighter meal, for example Smoked Salmon on scrambled free range eggs plus vegetarian options. We have a private car park for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bottreaux Hotel Boscastle
- Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast Boscastle, Cornwall