“Great cafe in nice location!”

National Trust Cafe
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Boscastle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great cafe in nice location!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We visited on a very sunny afternoon after returning from Tintagel. It was very busy in Boscastle but the cafe was actually a bit quiet which meant we'd have chance of getting a seat. We weren't sure about the selection, mushroom soup and some of the sandwich choices didn't appeal. Therefore cream tea for 2 it was!

The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient, so much better than any other National trust cafe I've been too which usually involves a chaotic lunch service and lots of queuing. The clotted cream was properly refrigerated and the scones were fresh, couldn't have asked for a better cream tea! I don't mind a takeaway tea cup but tea is always better to drink tea out of china. National trust cafes are a little expensive but actually felt it wasn't bad considering the food and drinks were nice and the service was excellent.

We sat outside, where the staff brought out our warmed up scones. Nice little area to sit and people can bring their dogs too. It was a bit breezy though so we nearly lost our paper plates and serviettes a few times!

• Visited August 2014

Northumberland, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for a cup of coffee.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lovely place to have a cup of coffee ( and a bit of cake if you're so tempted). Nice little courtyard area, full of plants for sale, to sit in and enjoy the sunshine over a first class cup of coffee. Friendly staff added to the pleasure

Visited June 2014
Boscastle, United Kingdom
“A Boscastle "must visit"!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Probably the nicest National Trust Cafe I've been to. Very nice, friendly & efficient staff, good quality food and drinks. Dog friendly. There is also a well stocked shop, together with an area showing video footage of the horrifying 2004 Boscastle flood.

• Visited March 2014
Camelford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hurray for tea in a china cup”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Popped in on Friday with my husband and dog, which we often do. We had a lovely cup of tea, I do agree with everyone is, it would have been nicer served as a pot of tea. I mentioned this to the young lady serving, Emma I think her name was and she poured me another tea in a china cup - thank you :o)))))

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Adrian B
Lichfield
“Terrible and very expensive for what we had!......must do better N.T !”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stopped by for lunch, had a cream tea, slice of cake and two coffees. Scone was not fresh, cake was not fresh and had to be sent back ( when I did, the woman who served it to me earlier said, "yes, I thought it was past it's best".....and then asked her colleague to take it off the counter. Why serve it to me if she knew it was past it's best????). The coffees were served in paper cups, which felt cheap and nasty.....but were not at £2.60 a cup,! .....atrocious experience and one not to return to ....or to recommend on here!....disappointed National Trust!!...must do better!!

Visited May 2014