“Wonderful old fashioned chips”
Review of Sails Cafe - CLOSED

Sails Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sold up and under new ownership under a new name, thank you to all our loyal customers for your custom.
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful old fashioned chips”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This cafe has wonderful food. Very friendly staff, can't do enough for you. The chips are exceptional.. Visited in July, When the chips were made from local new potatoes and the skins left on. Lovely and crispy perfect with the Cod we had. We recommend the Folkingtons drinks too, we had the pear and also the mango. The cafe also sell traditional tin miners pasties. Prices very reasonable. Felt we had supported the community who 10 years ago had the awful flood. Boscastle has recovered and is lovely.

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Simple and good”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and simple but good food at affordable prices.
Enough choice for children and they've got nice smoothies. There's outdoor seating, so one can enjoy looking at Boscastle.

Grantham
“Excellent value and great food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have been going to Boscastle for around 15 years now and have never been impressed with sails under its previous owners. Things have really changed though and we will definitely be eating at sails much more when we go back to Boscastle.

My wife had a sandwich one night and the filling was more than generous so we went back next day before we went home for fish and chips. What can we say? Friendly staff, great vale and fresh food. The chips are hand cut from local potatoes and that is reflected in the taste. I wonder why some of the more expensive restaurants can't manage this!

At the end of the day Sails is a cafe and not a fine dining restaurant but it is a little gem under the current ownership - highly recommended

“Pasty and a coffee”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Not the best pasty or coffee in the world but not the worst either. Quick service and reasonable prices. Average.

• Visited June 2014
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“pasty i can eat”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

we went to boscastle for the day and I was worried I would not be able to eat out there as I have coeliac disease (wheat and gluten intolerance) and I spoke to the owner of sails and he explained the chips were the only food fried in the fryer and I could select from the gluten free menu so I tried the pasty with chips, well what can I say it is the best pasty I have had in a long time, the waitress was new and still learning but she was so lovely well done to her, as it is not easy learning a new job, I have two digs and even they were made to feel welcome as they were given water and dog treats, my whole family eat there and enjoyed the food and the warm welcome, keep it up sails and thank you,

• Visited June 2014
Sails-Cafe C, Manager at Sails Cafe, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your great review, we are pleased you enjoyed our range of gluten free foods, thank you for your visit and kind recommendation.