“Simply Perfect”

Lower Pennycrocker Camping & Caravan Site
Wells, United Kingdom
“Simply Perfect”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked this site for our first ever family camping holiday based on other reviews and were not disappointed. The site overlooks the beautiful Boscastle coastline and first thing in the morning especially it is absolutely breath-taking. The site is well maintained and the owner is extremely accommodating and helpful. There is a small shop on site for the essentials like milk and eggs for that all important breakfast, and there is also a selection of homemade goodies for sale. The showers were always clean with plenty of hot water as were all the other facilities.

We had planned to stay for two or three nights and ended up staying four, only leaving when the weather changed, and we ran out of clean clothes. We are already planning a return visit and can't praise this site enough.

So from two adults, two teenagers and Rutzen the border collie, we would just like to say try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Colin G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just returned from one night camping on this site. I'm not one for leaving reviews on websites but I thought I should on this occasion. The view of the coastline was really stunning from the camping field. At £6 for just me and my dog, I thought it was excellent value. Clean basic facilities and a very friendly, helpful owner. 10 out of 10. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank rachel p
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my dog last August. I arrived in a large field set slightly away from the caravans with the most amazing sea views. Perfection! It was blowing a gale and I had to enlist help to get my tent put up but the holiday makers in the caravan field were only too willing to help and one lady even came back with a lovely cup of coffee for me...Thank you!!! The shower facilities were clean and well looked after and incredibly spacious. The coast path is just a short walk down a country lane which led to the most breathtaking views. This campsite has everything you could want for a complete getaway from the stresses of modern life. I can't wait to get back there again this year.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank madbramley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscastle
Camelot Castle Hotel
Ruthern Valley Holidays
Atlantic Bays Holiday Park
Atlantic Bays Holiday Park
#8 of 13 in St Merryn

Been to Lower Pennycrocker Camping & Caravan Site? Share your experiences!