This is a review solely of the restaurant. Having dined a The Wellington many times before it never disappoints. The service is always impeccable, friendly and not overly formal and the setting comfortable with good views out to the harbor and hills. The meal is good value for money and includes an amuse bouche and pre-desert so be prepared to be very full! As vegetarians we are well catered for: We had an asparagus starter, and as a main fried polenta, goats cheese and spring vegetables, of which I particularly appreciated the ransom (wild garlic) oil element which was subtly done. All this was washed down with a very fresh tasting bottle of prosecco that I can recommend.
We managed desert, both of which were surprisingly good (orange cheesecake and a rhubarb tart). Coffee is freshly ground and comes with delicious petit fours (the freshly made chewy honey comb was particularly good). All in all some of the best dinning available in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the harbour in the Cornish fishing village of Boscastle and surrounded by the beautiful North Cornwall coastline, the Wellington Hotel has benn providing a warm welcome to its guests for many years. A Listed 16th Century Coaching Inn, the Hotel has 14 bedrooms, a traditional pub serving Cornish real ales and home cooked food and a fantastic 2 AA rosette restaurant. There are 10 acres of private woodland walks and the Hotel is in an ideal location for walking the Coastal Path and for discovering Cornwall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Wellington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellington Hotel Boscastle
- The Wellington Hotel Boscastle, Cornwall