The room was nice clean and tidy, let down by being over the kitchen with the noise and smell from the kitchen and the loud vent fans. Not good if you go to bed early ok after 11pm after that lovely sound from the river. As for the restaurant the food not as good as it should be for the price charged. First night fresh local fish chowder made with mostly salmon not local and not a nice chowder, second night night duck pancakes as I bit down on a piece I had a large bone about an inch and quarter long, complained to the young waitress and received a reply of OH!! no apology heard her tell the chef thought I would have an apology finished our meal paid in full, after paying we mentioned about the bone the reply from the manager was oh yes the chef sends his apologies, I felt this was very indifferent and they did not care one bit. left the next morning after paying our bill in full would not go again. We feel the hotel was let down by lack of attention to small details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside is situated in Boscastle, one of the most picturesque parts of North Cornwall. Located in the South West of England, Boscastle and its surrounding area are internationally recognised for their outstanding scenic beauty.Nestled in a secluded valley close to the harbour of Boscastle, The Riverside is open all year round. We have thirteen bedrooms catering for walkers, cyclists, day trippers or holiday breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- The Riverside Boscastle, Cornwall