Boscastle is a lovely little place and The Riverside has a great location.Our visit didn't get off to the best start since the door bell wasn't working properly and the front door to the hotel is kept locked. Once we got inside the staff were friendly and showed us to our room. It's an old building and the stairs are quite steep, room 7 was down another small flight and was frankly tiny! Two adults and a suitcase filled the space.It was also creaky when you shuffled across the floor and rattled when the front door was closed firmly.On the other hand the bathroom was huge but only had a hand held shower and no shower curtain over the bath.We didn't have an evening meal there but the breakfast was stunning full table service,excellent quality and very attentive staff.We were only staying for one night had we been staying longer I would have requested a different room.I suspect that it may be a great place to stay if you avoid room 7.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside is situated in Boscastle, one of the most picturesque parts of North Cornwall. Located in the South West of England, Boscastle and its surrounding area are internationally recognised for their outstanding scenic beauty.Nestled in a secluded valley close to the harbour of Boscastle, The Riverside is open all year round. We have thirteen bedrooms catering for walkers, cyclists, day trippers or holiday breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- The Riverside Boscastle, Cornwall