My husband treated me to 2 nights here for my birthday. It was hot & sunny throughout our stay which meant we didn't get more than a couple hours' sleep each night due to exceptional heat during the night. This didn't stop us partaking in what has to be the best asset Boscastle offers and that is coastal footpath walks (4hrs first day towards Crackington Haven & 7hrs to Tintagel and back the next). You won't find more stunning scenery in the world! Take walking poles though as the paths are almost vertical in some places & arduous. To be able to return to our quiet, clean and comfortable bedroom in the evenings was wonderful. Then to be served delicious 3 course dinner both nights was heaven especially as the staff are so friendly. We only chose seafood options every time as it is so fresh & beautifully cooked. Our only complaint would be everything seems to be served with the same salad each course & whether it's lunch time or evening. Some local seasonal Cornish vegetables & freshly baked bread as opposed to white baguettes would have been icing on the cake. The breakfasts really set us up for the day with fruit juice, cereals, (ask for alternative when booking if dairy allergic though), fish choices or traditional cooked breakfast & plenty of proper ground bean coffee or tea. On that subject the tea tray in the bedroom could do with decaf option and/or herbal drink. These are minor things compared to the overall experience of staying here. The B&B is right in the heart of Boscastle so after dinner it is lovely to be able to wander around the tasteful & unique gift shops & most importantly wander around the ancient harbour & listen to the blow hole & the birds before settling for bed. Thoroughly recommended to de-stress even when the weather is too hot to sleep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside is situated in Boscastle, one of the most picturesque parts of North Cornwall. Located in the South West of England, Boscastle and its surrounding area are internationally recognised for their outstanding scenic beauty.Nestled in a secluded valley close to the harbour of Boscastle, The Riverside is open all year round. We have thirteen bedrooms catering for walkers, cyclists, day trippers or holiday breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- Riverside Hotel Boscastle
- The Riverside Boscastle, Cornwall