“High standard B&B in town centre”

Lower House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callington
Lower House Guest House
Ranked #2 of 11 Callington B&B and Inns
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“High standard B&B in town centre”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Lower House guesthouse four or five times in the last few years. This is an overdue review.

The hosts, Peter and Tessa, are charming and hospitable. The rooms are clean and comfortable with original artwork providing special interest. Breakfast is a real treat - fresh local ingredients perfectly cooked and served. Overall - seriously recommended.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Since last winter we have visited Lower House in Callington on a number of occasions, every time experiencing the warmth and care shown by the hosts Tessa and Peter Sulston. We are always happy to stay with them, as they succeed in combining a very personal style with a professional attitude on a high level. You feel at home at Lower House even without participating in any artistic activity or being part of training courses or programs. Being Norwegians, Tessa and Peter have opened Cornwall to our hearts and minds and made us curious to learn more about so many local sites and events. The hospitality, the good dinners, the friendly atmosphere and the feeling of being in a place of art and love of art are unique and worth exploring. Thank you Tessa and Peter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mayfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Tessa and Peter Sulston have created something extraordinarily special at Callington Art School, Lower House. Tessa is an inspirational and generous art tutor, who transmits her enthusiasm and dedication to her students; for me, my week at Callington was a game-changer. Peter is a superb cook; I very much enjoyed the delicious food, good English dishes sourced from local ingredients. The atmosphere was, as others have suggested, rather like a very good house party. The decor is tasteful, and beds are comfortable, with excellent quality linens. I was particularly impressed by Tessa and Peter's professionalism at a difficult moment: despite experiencing a bereavement, they soldiered on in impeccable fashion, with a smile on their faces.If I could give them ten stars, I would. I'll very definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SusanStreet
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is the second time I have been on a course at Callington and again I had a really lovely time. The course was excellent and Tessa is always aware of the needs of each individual. The food is wonderful and always freshly prepared by Peter. Great time.
Hope to go again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just returned from my second six-day course at the Callington Art School and already looking forward to another one! Tessa's instruction is kind and tactful but also practical; she brings people on amazingly in just a few days. Whenever weather permitted, we made painting/sketching trips out to the beach, the moor and locations on the Tamar.

Peter's cooking is delicious and he and Tessa are delightful hosts.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Tessa and Peter were the perfect hosts who welcomed me into their house like one of the family and not a paying guest! They provided food to die for throughout the day!! I worked in Tessa's studio and out and about. Nothing was too much trouble for either of them. I felt I could make myself a cuppa at any time. A fantastic few days hosted by two lovely people. Definitely a visit to be repeated!

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Lower House, the breakfast's are amazing with so much choice, Peter and Tessa are a lovely couple, nothing was too much trouble, and were so helpful in answering all our questions about the area, and advising us on places to visit. If we are ever in that part of the country again we will definitely book to stay with them, as it was perfect.

Room Tip: Do not think there are any tips as such but I always look at the reviews I think they really help yo...