“Great Holiday rental”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Valley Lodge 46

Valley Lodge 46 -Honicombe Park
Hot tub located on outdoor verandah Fully equipped kitchen - cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Valley Lodge 46 -Honicombe Park
Hot tub located on outdoor verandah
Fully equipped kitchen - cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave
kitchen
kitchen off living room
Main sitting room
Double bedroom
Twin bedroom
small twin bedroom
Original artworks
View towards Honicombe Manor across outdoor pool area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Wendy S
“Great Holiday rental”
Reviewed 4 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This holiday rental at Honicombe manor was in a great location, it is on the Devon/Cornwall border so could access places in both counties. The lodge was amazing, very nicely furnished and there was everything we needed to make our stay perfect. The Hot tub was great my Grandchildren really enjoyed going in that. The facilities on site were good indoor and outdoor pool, a nice bar and restaurant which we used a few times. Everyone on site was so friendly and helpful and Sarah the owner was available if we had any questions, we would highly recommend this Lodge, we hope to go back sometime in the future.

14 Aug 2017
Ahh..so glad you had a nice holiday in our lodge and lovely that you have taken time to give us this review-much appreciated . Do let us know any places, restaurants etc activities in the area that you think we should recommend to other guests.
Julie T
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Break”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Just home from a fabulous Easter Break at the lodge. It has been refurbished recently and the owner has made a great job. We were very impressed. We went as a group of 5 which included 2 adults 1 child 15 and two grans. We all enjoyed the lodge and the facilities on the site. The hit tub was an added bonus for us and was used each day if our stay. We visited the onsite bar/restaurant during our stay. Can highly recommend the food - especially the carvery. The outdoor pool was not open as a little early in the season - they were also working to improve the pool area. The indoor pool was adequate size. We also made use of the tennis courts. All in all a tremendous stay. We will definitely be back!

2 May 2017
Really glad you had a good holiday and good to hear about the food in the restaurant as a friend, Dee, has recently taken over the running of the restaurant - I will let her know.
Glad you like the lodge as well.
Kind regards Sarah
LisaW1810
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed with our children and friends for new year. The lodge was modern, beautifully decorated and had everything we needed for a lovely relaxing break. The owners were contactable and answered our many questions before our stay and even while we were there. I would highly recommend this lodge to anyone considering booking. Thank you for making our stay special and for the thoughtful new year banner, prosecco and chocolates!

14 Jan 2017
You were lovely guests a pleasure to have staying in our lodge.
Reviewed 27 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
28 Aug 2016
Hello Janice
Thank you for setting out your comments on trip advisor – we take all comments posted very seriously and hope to learn from your stay with us to help in the running of our lodge for future holiday makers.
You are correct we do not allow dogs in our lodge and I am concerned to learn that you thought you could smell wet dog on arrival – I wish you had let me know at the time as I would certainly have despatched the housekeeper down to sort out any problem immediately. I have spoken to her today and asked her to make sure that the lodge is vented as fully as possible on future turn around days just in case someone leaving on the day that a new guest arrives has taken advantage of a last minute dip in the hot tub and has had wet towels lying around just before leaving – we do have a dehumidifier for the housekeeper to use on turnaround days and I will make sure that she takes extra special care to use it on future tight turnaround days .
Thank you for letting me know about the hob light I will let maintenance know to check that this week.
I have spoken to Kevin who manages the hot tubs on site and he assures me that your hot tub was checked daily and chemicals added when needed . He does try to check hot tubs to least disturb guests ie will not ask you to get out if hot tub already in use but will return later – it may be that you were out at the time he called to check the water. He said that the hot tub at Lodge 46 ran well during the week of your stay without any reported problems.
I shall have a look at the settees when I am down next week – when I last visited in June they were fine but I shall check next week and if there are problems with the springs then will make a decision as to whether to replace them. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Likewise we will check the mattress on the main double bed and I will attempt to remove the crayon marks that you have reported in the base of the bath – I can’t imagine why children were crayoning in the bath always a surprise what people let children do when on holidays!
I am glad that the site were able to recalibrate your leisure passes for you to be able to continue to use the leisure facilities. I have notified reception today of the problem that you had last week encountering a nail in the sauna – they are sending down someone to look at this straight the way today as this is the first that has been reported to them and obviously important to remedy to ensure that no one else comes across it.
We have had lots of guests staying in Valley Lodge 46 who have all had very good holidays down at Honicombe and I am sorry that you felt the lodge disappointed on this occassion. We have always responded quickly to guests requests for maintenance but as this is the first that I have heard from you I apologise that I could not therefore rectify anything during the course of your stay.
Kind regards
Sarah – Cornish lodge Holidays
Lindsay M
Devon, United Kingdom
“Lovely Christmas break”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Had a lovely couple of days over Christmas here with my family. They left us a super hamper with wine, chocolates, biscuits and even crackers!
They decorated the lounge with a small Christmas tree which was very welcome.
The lodge was warm, comfortable and homely, with plenty of room for socialising. We enjoyed the hot tub immensely.
Although the leisure facilities were closed when we were there, it didn't spoil our stay.

Travelling group: Extended Family
3 Feb 2016
Thank you that is very kind of you to take time to review Valley Lodge 46.
jax956
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Had a great time here. The place was very clean and well looked after. We had an amazing time sat chilling with bubbly in the hot tub and found the staff at the local bar very friendly and welcoming (even down to giving me some oil for my car). The food we ate was great value for money, not one of us even managed to empty our plates as there was that much.

Sarah and Ken was superb in answering any queries and making our stay a very enjoyable one.

Definitely would recommend any one visiting the area to stay at this lodge. A*******

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub and the comfy beds
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Amy A
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing location”
Reviewed 6 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

A group of 7 of us rented out the lodge for a short New Year break and we had such a great time in this lodge. It is a perfect size for a group of 8 as all the bedrooms are spacious as well as the lounge/dining area. The hot tub was perfect in the wet weather and the location of the lodge was beautiful as well. Overall a really enjoyable stay and amazing value for money

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub and excellent value for money
Liked least: Toilet flush was broken!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing