Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Richard F
Exmouth, United Kingdom

Premier Inn Camborne greatness

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jun 2023via mobile
I often travel for business, on this trip to Camborne to take in the local pleasures I stayed at the Premier Inn.
I was greeted with lovely smiles from the front of house staff (Dani and Philippa) asking me how my trip was, with various other pleasantry’s. Due to my arm and left big toe missing they could see that I was struggling with my bags of souvenirs. Without hesitation Philippa nominated Dani to help me with my bags, carrying a 1:25th scale replica tin mine to the foot of my room. I wish all Premier Inn staff were so accommodating to guests that struggle with these eco friendly paper bags!
Date of stay: June 2023
Room Tip: One eyed Petes garage of tin mine relics behind the fancy sandwich shop (Subway)
Trip type: Travelled on business
£56
    £56
0.8 miles from Premier Inn Camborne Hotel
Restaurant
Our Hotel as seen from the high street.
£94
    £73
4.2 miles from Premier Inn Camborne Hotel
View more hotels in Camborne
1,507 results
All reviews table table restaurant next door air con meal deal road noise reception staff good nights sleep first floor plenty of parking st ives family room room was spotless car park would stay again cooked breakfast stayed for nights short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2023

We stayed as a family (2 rooms) in May half term, and it was the worst accommodation i think we have ever had in the UK.

The hotel is run down and poorly maintained. Our room was very dated with damaged furniture, no working extractor fan (or openable windows) and on arrival was left incredibly dirty - with heavy stains all over the carpet, furniture peeling and food left under one of the beds.

The room we were in (Room 26) also had incredibly creaky floorboards above the room - meaning that all evening and early morning all we could hear was the people in the room above - it was so loud it prevented my young kids from sleeping and woke everyone up at 6am. However as this is noise outside of the "designated quiet hours" the hotel are unable to do anything about it. The camp bed given to my son was rock solid and despite weighing less than 6 stone couldn't sleep due to the discomfort.

The attached restaurant is very poor. Run down, and the breakfast was swimming in grease. The staff work very hard, but there is not enough of them to cope with demand.

Its a shame as usually i am a massive fan of premier inns, and often choose to stay there as they offer great value for money and a clean comfortable place to stay.

This hotel would be great if given some TLC, its a great location but desperately needs a refurb.

However this hotel truly did have a negative impact on our much needed family break (as i had tired grumpy children from lack of sleep) and the poor response from their "customer service" has made me cancel a couple of future bookings i have and moved them to a different hotel instead.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2023

Spent four days at the inn. My room was spotless and comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and polite. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The food at the restuarant was lovely. The Gluten Free options were excellent.

Room tip: Great staff and great food.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2023 via mobile

Just got back from a great weekend in Cornwall, I stayed at the Camborne Hotel which is close to all attractions.

The hotel is very clean and the staff are so friendly nothing is too much trouble, I would like to thank Phillips, Caroline and Joanne who were always there with a smile, I’m looking forward to my next trip 🙂

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2023

Well appointed and with parking on the quiet end of Cambourne. Welcome was good and slept well.

Price was reasonable. Left early to catch a ferry so did not have breakfast.

The pub next door is appalling, so do not plan to eat there!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2023

The perfect gateway to travel around Cornwall. We had a Premier Plus room and it was ideal. Very friendly helpful staff, particularly Shane for his IT help and Phillippa for sharing her local knowledge.
Great help yourself breakfast to set you up for the day.
Would stay again when we are in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple