“Good Service...... cold to warm food.”
Review of Trevithick Inn

Trevithick Inn
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Camborne
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good Service...... cold to warm food.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First time to Trevithick Inn,was not Happy with the food it was almost cold so I didn't order a dessert. My two son's had the gammon which was almost cold I had a chicken burger and wasn't to impressed, my husband did have a dessert apple crumble and ice cream which was ok our tea was luke warm. so I don't think I will be in any rush to go back I was really disappointed because it was my son's Birthday and I wanted it to be a treat for him and my family.

Camborne, United Kingdom
“Slow service lack lustre food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

When this place first opened it was great safely these days the staff seem to have lost their way service is a nightmare and I constantly here friends say they left without dessert as they couldn't wait any longer!

• Visited January 2014
St. Erth, Cornwall
“Camborne TableTable”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went to Trevithick Inn for a first date. We were seated swifty, opting to choose the restaurant area as it was more cosy. The Inn is situated on the outskirts of Camborne, attached to a Premier Inn. We were seated and served by a lovely girl called Sophie. A polite young lady who served us swiftly. We started off with drinks first. Coke/Shandy, which were served cool and were refreshing. We spent time browsing the menu, opting for the spring menu. We both opted for Gammon as our mains, with pineapple, egg and chips for my date, and I had double pineapple and chips. The meal arrived quickly, was fresh and hot. The meat was tender, not overdone which is a bonus as I tend to find meats are 'uncared' for and cooked hard. My dates meat was a little fatty, which is why I scored four. After our mains we ordered dessert. I had a strawberry sundae and he had the apple crumble and custard. He said his was delicious. Mine was an explosion of strawberry. I loved it, the cool ice cream and whipped cream cooled the strawberries down so that they had a crunch to them, it tasted like heaven. We drank a couple more pepsi/shandys which were refreshing after our main. My date paid for our meal, which was good value considering all we had. I would definatly recommend it as value for money. Will be visiting again on the special offer.

2 Thank cornwall2013
Redruth, United Kingdom
“Great Service......POOR FOOD”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I can honestly say the waitress we had was fantastic! very efficient, friendly and polite, however the food was so bland and tasteless. Had a family meal and ordered the medium hot thai curry from the new spring menu......my cup of tea was hotter when I got home. This restaurant always disappoints as The one in Helston is great and also the one at carnon downs, so why the chefs here cannot get the food tasting as good I do not know which is strange as they have the same menus. I hope one day to visit and the restaurant surprises me with tasty food. the only criticism towards the waiters and waitresses is they never ask if we would like more drinks but that's minor. please kitchen staff improve so that you match the front of house service and be as good as the one in helston and carnon downs.

Redruth, United Kingdom
“Great Service........POOR FOOD!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Have been here before always hoping for a better change! The waitress that served us was so friendly, efficient and polite could not fault her. The food was bland, I cant quite get my head around this as we go to table table in Helston and Carnon downs and the food has always been fantastic there, and its the same menu! Why it tastes bland at Camborne I don't know. was told by another table table that they were going to change the chef and put them on courses, didn't seem like this was the case. I ordered the new thai curry on the spring menu which was meant to be medium hot, my cup of tea was hotter that I had when I got home! dessert was good, shame about the mains. I just wish that one day this table table will shock me and be up to par with the others in cornwall!