“Very good buffet”

Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Camborne
Price range: US$8 - US$129
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Very good buffet”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Due to the reviews, I was a little dubious to visit this Chinese Restaurant, but thought I would check it out for myself.

Based on this visit, I would say it is probably the best Chinese Buffet in Cornwall and I will certainly be a regular diner here in the future.

The food was delicious, especially the starters and all the dishes were being constantly replaced with fresh.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Paul G

“Stay at home”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The food is no better than your below average take away. Pretty grim experience all together, but this is Camborne after all. Shame though, it could be so much better.

• Visited September 2013
Redruth
“Worst Chinese restaurant ever”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Bad restaurant, bad experience, BAD management with ATTITUDE, bad quality of food.
Never again, 3 days of diarrhea/food poisoning, how can people say its good food. Cheap price yes but same time cheap soup kitchen.
Chicken curry total tasteless coloured water more like soup and not curry, peanut sauce total joke.
Food standing for hours, once half empty they top up and stir/mix in the fresh.
Blackbean tasteless & dried up.
Ribs, I had to check my feet just to see I wasn't eating my shoes as the ribs were over cooked and dry.
Tables packed close to get more customers packed in like sardines so customer service not a thought ONLY profit

2 Thank iwasthereRedruth
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Have eaten in quite a few Chines Buffet establishments and as we were on holiday in Cornwall we decided to try this one. As it was a new establishment we viewed the comments on here but still decided to try it. We actually ended up going there 3 times and on each occasion we found the food to be of good quality and in plentiful supply. The service was good although the waitresses were a little slower in removing the dirty plates than in some of the other Buffet's we have eaten in. The waitresses were always friendly and pleasant in their attitude but we did wonder whether this was because the 'nasty lady owner' was not around. Well on the 3rd visit she was and we have to admit that she was very pleasant and the waitresses all seemed happy even though she was there, she was very attentive to the needs of the customers and at no time ever raised her voice to the staff or customers.
It may be that in the early days of the place being open she wanted to make sure that it all went right as this is quite a big commitment opening something like this.
We will be eating here again when we return to Cornwall next year.

• Visited August 2013
“Been to better, also been to worse.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Last night was my first experience at Buffet City in Camborne. I've been looking forward to it, since I first heard about it.
My first experience has let me down a little, never the less though, I would go back and try again.
First of all the staff was quite rude and I don't not find then very helpful. With it being my first time, there was a little confusion of when to go up and knowing where plates were placed. Drinks were very pricey so I only enjoyed on beverage, they also charge 15% on your total bill if you have water - a little unfair in my eyes. They also charge £3 on food wastage, but they do not explain how much you can waste, for you to get charged, so you're conscious about that and don't relax or enjoy it so much.
The food was of okay quality, some dishes a lot better then others. Or though I do not have children of my own, I noticed if you had a child over a certain height, they would be charged for an adult. I found that very unfair, a certain age maybe, but not height.
The toilets were very clean and very nice, the whole place did seem very clean and well maintained. Just the food and the staff were a let down.