Lowest prices for your stay
No prepayment needed
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
No fees just great deals
Sarah
Plymouth, United Kingdom

More than your money's worth.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Apr 2024via mobile
Lovely hotel, friendly and attentive staff, good food and service - the room that we were in was very spacious and clean. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The pub itself is nice too - our food came out super fast, despite the restaurant being busy. We all enjoyed our meals. The only downside is the lack of parking. I will definitely be back.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Plan where to park.
Trip type: Travelled with family
John Francis Basset, Owner at The John Francis Basset Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your wonderful review Roam! We are delighted to hear you found your room spacious and clean, and our staff helpful and friendly! We apologise for the lack of on-site parking, but hope you were able to find somewhere convenient nearby. We are also glad ot hear you enjoyed your meal in the restaraunt and will pass on your compliments to them too. Hope to see you again soon!

Reception
Our Hotel as seen from the high street.
  • Vio.com
    • Vio.com
    1.1 miles from The John Francis Basset Hotel
        0.2 miles from The John Francis Basset Hotel
        View more hotels in Camborne
        All reviews wetherspoons hotel biscuits car park iron and ironing board excellent hotel excellent room town centre large room the ground floor double bed comfortable beds excellent value for money good size high standard premier inn massey aldi
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 11 March 2024

I am disgraced with the way I have just been treated at a Wetherspoons hotel in Cornwall to be specific it is the John Francis hotel I booked 8 rooms with use and 2 of our lads was downstairs on the fruit machine an one of the lads had 1 whiff of a vape and the manager come over and said we had to go and they did not argue but the lad didn't know you wasn't allowed to vape he did not see any signs anywhere and then on the top of that all of your staff was rude and end up ringing the police on us after we did nothing and then now we have to sleep in the van because we have no hotel room after we are only working men

1  Thank Lewis M
        Reviewed 2 March 2024

I had double booked our airbnb and found myself in need of an alternative place for me, my partner and my parents to stay at 1am during half term! It was impossible to book anywhere online because it was past midnight and into the day of arrival but of course check in is later on. We phoned he John Francis Basset and spoke to night porter Roy. He said he couldn't take walk ins as needed a credit card registered with the booking online for security. But he said if we booked for the following day he would see if he could amend the booking and release the rooms immediately. He hadn't done it before and went out of his way to help up. I honestly don't know what we would have done without him. He was so kind, professional and friendly. When we got to the rooms I was amazed how huge and comfortable they were. Our bed must have been a super king if not bigger it was huge. I loved the decor and there were lots of really nice touches like tea coffee hot chocolate biscuits and mineral water. I only wish we could have stayed more than six hours!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
        JFB Manager, Owner at The John Francis Basset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2024

Thank you so much for your kind words I rarly get a mention as people usualy forget what Ive done for them by the time they wake up in the morning, so once again thank you and glsd you enjoyed your stay, I hope the rest of your holiday went better than the start with your punctured tyre.

Roy

Reviewed 24 February 2024

I stay regularly at the John Francis Basset in Camborne as THE hotel of choice for all of my visits to West Cornwall. The location is perfect, with mainline rail service, and an extremely efficient bus network enabling all parts to be reached with ease, even West Penwith.
        The hotel is kept in tip top condition, the public areas and rooms are excellent showing no sign of wear, Rooms are very generous sizes, with all comforts and many have great views.
        The staff are well trained and offer a genuine welcome and support during the stay. The hotel has it's own street entrance separate from the splendid pub downstairs, and there is no disturbance from that in the rooms.

In these days where businesses are cutting costs and providing less value for money this hotel stands apart providing comfort and quality at a great price with no corners being cut. It is one of Wetherspoons very finest and in my experience the best run.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
        JFB Manager, Owner at The John Francis Basset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Thank you for your wonderful review Spacexecadet!

We are grateful for your loyalty, and delighted to hear that we have been able to continue to meet your expecatations! We are also pleased to hear you found us conveniently located, and that you found our Hotel spacious and welcoming! I shall pass on your wonderful compliments to the rest of our staff as well. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2024 via mobile

The staff were lovely, my room was wonderful, and the whole experience was great from start to finish. :-) For £75 I had a big bedroom, well stocked with tea, coffee, water, etc., a huge bathroom with a roll-top bath and walk-in shower, and a very comfortable bed. I have stayed in hotels before that cost more than 3x as much that were not close to the quality of my room. On top of that, I had a very nice dinner (with a drink) for less than £10, and a cooked breakfast for £2.25. How can you possibly fault that?
        Whatever preconceptions you might have about Wetherspoons (personally, I think they do a fantastic job of offering fantastic value and usually pretty good quality too), you should really go in with open eyes and be prepared to have your expectations changed for the better. I would, without hesitation, stay in one of their hotels again, and would encourage you to do the same.
        10 out of 10. :-)

Room tip: Room 104 is wonderful!
        Trip type: Travelled solo
        JFB Manager, Owner at The John Francis Basset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2024

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for leaving us such an amazing review. We're glad to hear that we offered a great room for you at a good price, and that you found the connected Wetherspoon to be a quality offering.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,
        Liam

Reviewed 6 February 2024

A very comfortable and large room (twice the size of a Travelodge room we had recently) with all the needed amenities incl TV, kettle, drier etc. in a very centrally and conveniently located spot only a few minutes walk from railway and bus stations with a main bus stop outside. The double-glazing demolished not only all pub and traffic noise at the road junction below but also the drilling and generator of road works There were plentiful supplies of coffees, teas, hot chocolate and biscuits kept topped up by the freindly staff, who also went beyond the call of duty without asking after my wife was ill. We were not only allowed to keep our bags there hours after check-out but they insisted on carrying them for us. As it is a Wetherspoons food is good and available for long hours according to what you want from the pub menu - no breakfast 8-9 only and it must be x or y - in a comfortable and well decorated lounge with local historic themes.

Date of stay: January 2024
        • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        JFB Manager, Owner at The John Francis Basset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2024

Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your room size, as well as it's amenities. It's also good to hear that you found our Hotel conveniently located. We will pass on your kind words to our staff, who are always happy to hear their efforts are appreciated! Hope to see you again soon.