As a married couple, we have enjoyed many regular stays at this golfing resort and hotel. Despite the weather, the course was as always in fairly good condition for the time of year. However, this year we realised how tired the hotel room was. It was definitely in need of updating and the window was needing some repair or replacement as there was misting, peeling paint and black mould caused by condensation. The room appeared to be set up for only one person as there was only one hand and bath towel plus one small bottle of water and pack of biscuits, where normally there are two. In the bathroom there was also one tiny bottle of shower gel between the two of us. The beds were obviously 2 single pushed together to make a double as my husbands side had a mattress with bad springs so he felt like he was sleeping on the base. The bar food had gone up dramatically in price for what you got. My husband had the burger which consisted of 2, over cooked shopped bought, thin burgers. I was looking forward to a lovely warming pud, but the only things on the menu were small deserts, that we're more like summer puddings. The young girl behind the bar did a brilliant job, where the others seemed to be hovering in the kitchen doorway talking loudly and not being very helpful. As always, the breakfast was good, although we now have to help ourselves to tea and coffee. The service from the woman that seems to have been doing breakfast service there for as long as we have been going was as friendly and attentive as always.The original manger seemed to be not there anymore and the change was noticeable after staying at Bowood every year for the last 5 years. We've decided sadly that as much as we like the golf course we won't be staying anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the championship golf course, this hotel has an award-winning restaurant, free Wi-Fi and free parking. The charming villages of Tintagel, Port Isaac and Boscastle are 15 minutes' drive away. In the 13th century, Bowood Park was part of the Black Prince's deer park. It is still set amid 230 acres of picturesque hills and woodland. The hotel has modern decor and luxurious fittings throughout. Each room has an en suite bathroom, a TV, and facilities for making tea and coffee. Guests can dine in the hotel's restaurant, which offers British and international dishes, including local seafood. Cornish cream teas and a Sunday carvery are also available. The Bowood Park Golf Club has a course which meets USGA standards and is open all year round. Golf clubs and buggies are available for hire on site. The North Cornwall coast, with its surfing beaches and fishing villages, is 15 minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowood Park Hotel And Golf Course
- Bowood Park Hotel Course
- Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club Camelford, Cornwall