Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
LW1911987

Great day

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Aug 2021via mobile
Lovely golf course (tricky but fun back 9 made it interesting!) and superb service after - the food, drink and staff were equally brilliant. Particularly the guy who brought our food out. We’ll be back as soon as possible. Hopefully in glorious sunshine as we had for the first 15 holes!
Date of stay: August 2021
      Agoda.com
      No booking fees
        1.9 miles from Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club
        View more hotels in Camelford
        All reviews pro shop in great condition every member of staff group of friends evening meal pool table night stay stayed for two nights sunday carvery cooked to perfection fantastic stay short break full english breakfast feel very welcome nothing is too much trouble simon holes
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 9 August 2021

Great Hotel, Smart Rooms,Great Food the staff are a delight right around the hotel.
        Lovely course with some real gems on the back nine. The Greens are a little patchy but run true. Shame about the poor weather.

Date of stay: August 2021
        1  Thank MSW1960
        Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

Just come back from the Bowood, we had a lovely time, the hotel was nice, but could do with up dating, and a fridge, the rooms are a good size, clean, but only small wardrobe, with 5 hangers, we had a bath with a shower, always plenty off hot water, a kettle and coffee machine was provided , with coffee pods, tea bags, sugar, and packets of biscuits, spare bedding if needed, also a hair dryer was provided, rooms are cleaned every day, staff are all lovely, breakfast really nice, full English/cereals/ Yoghuts/ muffins etc, We had a few evening meals , and all very good, The golf course is lovely to, we will stay again. Port Isaac and Tintagel are close by, well worth a visit

Room tip: Take some snacks as no shops, village few miles away, coffee machine in reception, and machine that does pop and sweets
        Date of stay: June 2021
        Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        1  Thank Q2719KEsusanh
        Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

I booked for a group of 24 golfers, originally from a special offer in mid-2020. £50 for B&B and two rounds of golf. Stupendous value!! Due to various lockdowns the dates got moved twice, but they did agree to honour the deal which was positive. When I booked I was told I would get a £100 pro shop voucher if there were more than 16 golfers. Unfortunately this turned into a £50 voucher when we were onsite. And no amount of argument was budging them.
        Also, when I booked originally we agreed on tee times of 10.30 both days. However, when I telephoned to confirm 4 days before arrival, I was told NO tee times had been reserved at all!!! Between us we managed to sort out a later start on each day, but I had assumed the booking would just be carried forward. It surprise me that they knew 24 blokes were coming for a night, but no golf was booked? What did they think we were going to do?? On arrival I informed the reception that one of our party was unable to attend due to a family emergency. I was told that they might charge us for the room!!! Given it was pay on departure, no deposit was taken, how did they expect to enforce that?? What if 16 people hadn’t turned up? I understand that last minute cancellations are difficult to deal with, but my understanding was that during COVID you could pretty much cancel whenever?
        In the upside, the food was very good, rooms were pleasant and the golf course was excellent. I must reserve a special mention for the bar and restaurant staff who were amazing. We never had to wait for table service, they were extremely friendly and super-efficient. Nothing was too much trouble - so well done!!!
        It feels a bit churlish to complain about such a great value break, but it slightly soured the whole experience and left me feeling a little disappointed

Trip type: Travelled solo
        Reviewed 11 June 2021

I booked in for a 5 night stay to play golf and relax. From the moment I made my booking, Elisha who replied to my enquiry ensured all needs were met. I have to say, hand on heart, this is probably one of the loveliest stays I’ve ever had at a hotel. Aside from the beautiful location and superbly kept golf course, the staff at the hotel were AMAZING!

The manager Simon should be very proud of the way all of his staff engage with customers, always in a friendly and personable manner be it the receptionists, cleaning or bar staff & not forgetting Max in the Pro Shop! He himself was also very personable with his approach to managing and assisting his staff, regularly seen to be interacting with the guests. The food in the restaurant was great, they have a well stocked bar and the service from all concerned couldn’t have been better.

I’ve listed this as a mid budget stay because I don’t want anyone to think this is a budget hotel, it most definitely isn’t. However, at £100 a night for a twin room breakfast included when other nearby establishments are inflating their prices, this was great value for money.

Thank you to everyone at Bowood Park Hotel & Country Club, I’ll be telling all of my friends about you and I will most definitely be back!

1  Thank Bigbob1263
        Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Very happy with the accommodation, all needs catered for! Smart TV, kettle, shower/bath, cosy bed, plenty of wardrobe space, Super friendly and helpful staff! Great bar and restaurant! Ill definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo