“A wonderful stay”
Review of Treglos Hotel

Treglos Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Constantine Bay
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We revisited this wonderful hotel again after a gap of ten years. It was just as we remembered. A great family run hotel offering great service and food in a gorgeous part of the world.
We had a double and a single room linked with a bathroom great for us and our teenage daughter. The room was spotlessly clean and had all the amenities that you need. The room was at the back of the hotel and therefore could be noisy at times with staff and deliveries coming and going but this did not affect our stay.
Breakfast was plentiful and all cooked perfectly to order. There was a great choice of fresh fruit, juice, breads and cereals. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but enjoyed our evening meal on the first night that we ate in the restaurant every night of our stay.
The hotel has an indoor pool which we enjoyed using in the late afternoon and a spa offering a full range of treatments.
Overall a complete family package. We will be back soon. Thank you everyone for a memorable stay.
We will make sure that it is not 10 years until we next return.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Rose B, Owner at Treglos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

A lovely review thank you. We are particularly pleased that you enjoyed eating in the restaurant so much that you returned every evening, a real compliment to the kitchen and restaurant team.We hope to see you again next year !

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked the Treglos hotel months ago, staying 4 nights end of August, with a family four (girl 11yrs and boy 8yrs). I asked for a room with a seawiew front. The hotel emailed me saying they would try but could not promise. We were given a large room (no 16) with a fantastic seaview. The room had a bunk bed for my two small children. After the first night they complained that it was uncomfortable. I mentioned this to the hotel reception and they immediately changed to two single beds. They also gave us a fan as we found the Duvets thick and too warm. The hotel had a pool table in thye 'Den' room as my small son loves to play. However, the room did small a bit.

The beach is just 5 mins walking from the hotel which is really great.

Internet in the room was good, but there was a power cut on our last day causing the Internet to be down all day.

The only thing I didn't like was the carpet, a bit old (70's looking), some dog hair and the two deck chails were dirty and not cleaned. I did not mention this to the reception.

Breakfast was very good indeed. Lots of items to choose from, we even tried the Cornish cheese and ham which was really good and tasty. Best the staff were very attentive, they even made the kids pancakes on our last day.

We didn't try the restaurant in the evenings as we were out most of the evenings seeing various places in Cornwall and we didn't come with proper eveing wear.

One last thing, my wife and daughter were not keen in seeing dogs in the hotel but I guess this is a Cornwall tradition among hotels over her.

Overall very nice hotel indeed!

Room Tip: Room 16 - good family room for four with sea view.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CDF61

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm pleased that we were able to respond to your needs and that you all had a good summer holiday in Cornwall.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Always slightly worried when trying a hotel for the first time, especially, when having stayed so many times at Watergate Bay, but what a find. Treglos is truly a wonderful hotel. From the minute we walked through the door up to the time we left I could not fault anything. We have already booked again for next year!! The staff were so kind and helpful and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Our room was lovely and spacious to fit my husband and I and our 2 young sons who had bunk beds. The hot drink sachets were replaced daily and there were lovely Molton Brown toiletries which were such a treat. The restaurant served a fabulous breakfast and in the evening the restaurant was candlelit with a lovely atmosphere. The food was absolutely delicious with such good service - should be 5 star! There was a lovely kid's menu which our 2 sons loved - we booked bed and breakfast but ended up eating in the restaurant all but 2 nights. Fabulous beach just 5 minutes walk down the road. Plenty of rock pooling for the kids and surfing. We all had a fabulous holiday - even the kids said it was the best ever!! Can't wait for next year.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah L

We are all so pleased with this review as you obviously really enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to give this feedback and we look forward to your visit next year.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My sister and I took our mother for a three night break on 16th August, 2013. Mum is disabled and we booked a room with disabled facilities room 34, which was absolutely perfect. My sister and I had the room opposite 21, which meant we could be close to her. We used a wheelchair throughout our stay and the location was perfect for this. Staff were so helpful to all our needs even warming her hot wheat bag (owl) for her, which was no trouble, caused some laughs. The swimming pool was lovely and a bonus as it stayed open till11pm. We had our nails done, but overall we were not pleased with the result as they were pealing off even over the following few hours. That was the only thing in what was a marvellous relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable stay, we have booked for next year. The location is perfect with a short walk to a beautiful beach. The food in the restaurant was superb with good choice and good value for money. We had a lovely relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable stay and have booked for next year.

Room Tip: Can only say our rooms were well positioned with lovely views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm delighted that your family enjoyed your stay with us and that your mother was able to enjoy our facilities too. We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel next year.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Went on the mini spa break - lovely massage, great service all around, very attentive staff. We had a beautiful dinner in the restaurant and breakfast was lovely too. 10 minute walk to the beach and nice sized gardens to sit in the sunshine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review and I'm pleased you enjoyed your mini spa break which is an excellent choice for those wanting to unwind who have limited time available.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights this week. The staff were fabulous as I was unwell and had to leave earlier.than intended. The staff were most helpful and understanding. I cannot fault the way the hotel is run. I only ate breakfast in the hotel which was first class, my poached eggs were cooked to perfection. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Susie H
Rose B, Owner at Treglos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you very much for your recommendation and I hope you are now fully recovered.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We tried to get a room in Padstow but it was full! I found the Treglos online and what a find!! 5 minutes walk from a glorious beach and of course we were lucky with the weather!
The hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms had nice little touches like Molton Brown toiletries in large sizes so you had plenty to use, fans supplied in the heat and even feather pillows available! Bliss! The staff were extremely helpful and no request was too much! The spa was lovely, great choice of treatments and whilst we spoilt ourselves there the men enjoyed golf on the hotel course. A great place to unwind! Can't wait to go back! It had a very warm and cosy atmosphere so I imagine it to be a great spot for a winter break as well All in all 5 stars from us. We can't fault it!

Room Tip: If you have trouble handling stairs try and get a room near the lift!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rose B, Manager at Treglos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
We are very glad that you found us and pleased that you could also enjoy the pampering treatments in Glo and our golf course at Mawgan Porth.
The hotel is nice and cosy in the autumn and winter, perfect for enjoying the different seasons in beautiful Cornwall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Constantine Bay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Mawgan Porth

Been to Treglos Hotel? Share your experiences!