“An awesome pub/restaurant.”

Finnygook Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Crafthole
Price range: £5 - £17
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2023 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights and ate in the bar every night, the food is amazing. The bar area is family and dog friendly and there is a huge selection of games to keep both adults and children entertained. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a pub with such a great atmosphere. The staff are all super friendly and very attentive. The locals call in throughout the day and really make the place feel good. The accommodation is fresh and tidy. I’m looking forward to my next trip. The Sunday roast is the best roast beef I’ve ever had (and I eat a lot of beef).

Reviewed 17 August 2023

Visited a couple of times with my humans and met some really interesting dogs. There was a bed I could use and toys so very good.
Apparently the service was very friendly and helpful and the food excellent (I managed to get some of the fish pie and the burger) .
Great view from the ladies so I’m told but I prefer a walk around the village for my ablutions. There was a grumpy King Charles spaniel on one visit but he was only there a bit, the pub dog is a good character and very friendly even though I scent marked some of his stuff.
Overall well worth a trip here

Reviewed 7 August 2023

On our first night in Cornwall, my wife & I chose to try Finnygook Inn from a dining list in our holiday apartment at Seaton Beach. After parking in the last spot available across the road, we checked at the bar to see if we could be seated for an early-ish Saturday dinner. That's when we learned they didn't start evening food service until 6 PM, and they were booked for tables in the restaurant until 6:30. So we ordered beverages, sat at a high table in the bar, and watched the locals & their dogs socialise (including the resident pooch) until we were seated for dinner.

Service in the bar & the restaurant was friendly. The dining area was well lit by large windows, with space between the tables to reduce the feeling of crowding under the low ceilings. It took 25-30 minutes to receive our meals after ordering (understandable based on the size of the Saturday night crowd), but they were hot & fresh when they arrived. My wife enjoyed her pan-seared local king scallops dish from the Small Plates menu, and my beer battered haddock entrée with chips & "real mushy peas" [I didn't realise there were counterfeit mushy peas :- ] was very satisfying. Both meals were well presented & had generous portions. Overall Finnygook was a solid choice for our first Cornish meal, and we would recommend it to visitors looking for a cosy pub and/or a local restaurant with a good variety of flavorful food to choose from.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 1 August 2023

Stayed overnight and dined whike walking SWCP. Great location, amazing views, comfy beds, friendly staff , we recommend highly

Reviewed 31 July 2023 via mobile

Lovely rib eye! Great wine and real ales, as well as top notch service and a lovely homely atmosphere! Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: July 2023