We arrived at the hotel a bit early but this wasn't a problem, we were soon booked in and shown to our room. We had a lovely room with beautiful views across the river, the bed was comfy, and the room was tastefully decorated and had lovely bedding & towels. We didn't eat in the restaurant except for breakfast, which was lovely. We had a great stay.
However, I asked the lady on reception if we could use the pool, and she said unfortunately it wasn't in use due to the filters needing reparing. I was very disappointed as this was the reason why I chose this hotel (being in the middle of January, sometimes it's too wet to explore the outdoors... this was true as it started raining as soon as we booked in). Later that evening, I mentioned my disappointment about the pool to the man on reception & bar, and he said that in fact the pool costs too much to keep running during the winter months and that it's closed Nov-Feb. When we were surprised by this, he said that this information would have been in big red letters on the booking website as well as our confirmation email from them, and went on to say that they wouldn't try and hide it from us. On our return home I checked both emails and website, as I was made to feel foolish for not noticing it, yet there was nothing on either about the pool being closed in winter months or for repairs!!!!!! There is a only a minor mention of it on the hotel's website, specifically on the pool page, in minute writing. Maybe they should make it more clear!!
The only other disappointment was that the walls were very thin, and you could hear people talking and even snoring during the night. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel nestles on the hillside high above the magnificent Fowey River in Cornwall, close to the Eden Project. An independent luxury hotel set in a glorious location, and we pride ourselves on individual attention to all our guests. 14 guest rooms, all en-suite, all with exceptional river views, most with balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cormorant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cormorant On The River Hotel
- The Cormorant Hotel Golant, Cornwall