“Don't stay on a Friday night”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hayle
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel is really some rooms above a pub. Incredibly noisy on the Friday night we stayed, karaoke was on until 12.30 / 1am and it was impossible to sleep as the whole room was shaking with noise and bad singing. It was SO loud. I would never have booked it if I had been warned of this. The couple we spoke to next morning at breakfast were not impressed either and couldn't get to sleep because of the karaoke, and said it had also been very noisy just with the pub noise the previous night.

The plumbing is also really noisy, any time someone in another room flushed the loo or turned on the tap in the middle of night it sounded like a bomb going off! I had the worst night sleep I have ever had in a hotel, not what I was expecting from quiet Hayle.

Plus points - The bed was very comfortable, central location in Hayle. The breakfast was OK although you don't get your own table, we had to share with another couple.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cat_Stals

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel was in a lovely quiet location at the end of Hayle High Street but with easy access to the local facilities, there was plenty of parking. The staff were incredibly friendly and although I didn't check in until late in the evening there wasn't a problem. The room I stayed in formed part of a court yard at the back of the hotel which was lovely. The room was incredibly clean with tea and coffee facilities and a small fridge. The bathroom looked like it had been newly decorated and was very stylish. I can't comment on the restaurant as I had eaten before arriving and had to leave before breakfast. I would totally recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again. I also left a phone charger in my room but this was returned to me without me having to phone the hotel. Great place - Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ann D
Reviewed 9 August 2013

stayed here for work as the only hotel that had a room. Room was a bit small but clean. Staff where outstanding and friendly. Ideal for 1-2 nights not much to do in hayle would stay again if in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was a little worried about staying at the White Hart Hotel after reading the reviews, but as we were just staying for one night, and it was last minute, I decided to go ahead (I had been searching for several hours online for something suitable but reasonable at the same time for an overnighter)

We only live a couple of hours away and as we were visiting several attractions in the area thought it would be better to stay. Online booking through their own website was very easy, and actualy cheaper than the big last minute hotel room sites. For breakfast and one night for an adult and two under 16s was £71. I think this is exceptional considering its Cornwall in the high season. When we arrived at the hotel they had taken anther 5% off the price for internet booking

We arrived around lunchtime, and our room was ready for us. The staff that greeted us in the bar were so friendly and there was a very warm and comfortable atmosphere. We were staying in a family room on the top floor, and whilst I agree that the rooms are a little dated perhaps, I would much prefer to pay the price I did, and sleep in a room that isnt refurbished every year or so, than to sleep in an uber modern room with a price tag to reflect it.

The rooms have the facilities needed, a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities, and to the relief of my 14 year old son, a large tv. Our room was comfortable and clean. The beds gave us a good night sleep, and there were plenty of towels and toiletries for us.

Breakfast was well organised ( we gave our order the night before) It was a good english breakfast, with cereal and toast etc, as you would expect. Tea, coffee and juice also provided.

They do have a car park, and when we went out in the afternoon, by the time we returned in the early evening it as full, however, we were told where to park out car overnight at no cost, and had no issues there either.

Its location is good, we used it as a base for St Ives, Redruth and several attractions in the area, and glad we did as its quieter and we wernt sitting in queues to get in and out like other areas. There isnt much in Hayle if you want shops, there are the basics, but for anything above that you need to go further afield, although the beach ( a fair walk ) is amazing ! If you have a car and need a decent nights sleep for a reasonable price I would completely recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Delightmare
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed at the White Hart hotel for one night during our walk on the southwest coast path. Overall, the staff was friendly. The building is impressive, but dated. The rooms were large, the beds OK. Nice and interesting art on the walls. The plumbing is not really what you want from a hotel - we had to flush the loo several times after every use. As we were tired from our walk, we chose to have dinner in the hotel restaurant. A mistake, as it turned out. I don't think I have ever had a worse meal at a restaurant. The cod with tomato sauce turned out to be a small flatfish with canned tomatoes and dried basil sprinkled on top - I kid you not! The prawn wok was a crab-stick wok. The lasagna was microwaved and burnt, as was the hamburger. The only edible dish were the chips. No mention from the kitchen or staff about the humbug ingredients. It was so bad we could only laugh about it. I would NOT recommend eating here. Staying here is OK if you don't have any higher expectations than a bed for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TrixieMillie
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

B & B accommodation above a pub. Basic and clean room although slightly dated (some people like the charm of old furnishings and paintings) . Functional bathroom although shower not brilliant.
Friendly staff especially the lady who served our breakfast.
Car park tight squeeze, first come first served.
Pub desperately needs outdoor garden area.
Great location for exploring other parts of Cornwall by road or by train, station just around the corner.
Hayle itself nice little town with a couple shops and a few nice restaurants. 3 mile quiet beach (nothing there except sand and sea) but half hour walk from the pub.
Overall the pub/accommodation could do with a deep clean and a lick of paint however I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here in a single room, which was ok - clean and quite spacious. Everything looked a bit dated, both the room and the rest of the hotel. Unfortunately the shower was awful: hardly any water came out and there were no toiletries - if you pay over 50 pounds you expect there to be at least some shampoo and shower gel.
The breakfast was ok, but nothing special. The staff was friendly, especially the breakfast cook.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayle
Travelodge Hayle
Star Inn
Star Inn
#1 of 2 in St Erth Praze
Bostrase Bed & Breakfast with Boo & Matt

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!